Dry Sump for Viper ACR 08

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
i spoke with Mintgen Motorsport in Germany and Mr. Mintgen recommends a dry sump lubrication for Track Day with a Viper ACR.

is there a company in America that offers components for dry sump. Has built one of you and how much is it?

Reaction score
There are dry sump oil systems available for the Gen 3 & 4 cars, including those with air conditioning. Price is a shade over $5K. You can private message us for more details if you like.

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. my friend axel from florida call you...

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or there is an alternative solution to the expensive dry sump?
It would be great if you could give him a tip on the phone or have an alternative

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen IV Vipers come stock with a swinging oil pickup arm that reduces the need for a dry sump to maintain oil pressure for occasional track days. Believe it also incorporates oil scrapers to cut down on pumping losses in the oil pan.

For more active road racers, a dry sump allows the engine to be mounted lower in the frame, and reduces pumping losses to increase horsepower. It eliminates the worry of loosing oil pressure in high G corners.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen IV Vipers come stock with a swinging oil pickup arm that reduces the need for a dry sump to maintain oil pressure for occasional track days. Believe it also incorporates oil scrapers to cut down on pumping losses in the oil pan.

For more active road racers, a dry sump allows the engine to be mounted lower in the frame, and reduces pumping losses to increase horsepower. It eliminates the worry of loosing oil pressure in high G corners.

Nice avatar Paul! good info too..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm still very confused.
In Germany we have a lot of racetracks including Hockenheim, the Nürburgring GP or Spa in Belgium with quick turns and high G forces.
I think I'm going to be installing a dry sump.
Unfortunately, everyone says something different and it may go well but not well .. Unfortunately, it is really expensive.
Is the installation of a major effort needs to get out of the engine or you can block the entire Sun
How many hours does the installation?
Thank you
Andi

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you will be running a full slick I would not say you have a need for a dry sump system. Even then with the swing arm setup already in your car from the factory you will be fine.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will be fine on MPSC's. Remember, the car was designed with those tires in mind. It's part of the reason the ACR's got the swing arms from the factory. Lots of ACR guys tracking on MPSC's with no oil starvation issues

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before dropping 5grand it would be logical to ask 2 simple questions:
A. What oiling system do the ACR-X's run in the ViperCup series?
B. Have any of them had oil starvation issues?

IF the answers to those are Stock and No then i would save my money

From what i have read the Gen4 oil system is superior to the Gen1/2/3 setup.
Gen2&3 all you have to do is type starvation into the forum search and read:
-the numerous people that have upgraded gen2's to the higher capacity pan with baffles
-the Gen3's that have replaced there oilpan with the Compcoupe or Gen4(better) setup
-and all of the stock motors that have spun bearings due to starvation resulting in a rebuild

I have not heard of any oil starvation issues with the Gen4. If anyone has then please chime in.

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say again thank you.
In Germany there are only 1-2 people who take an ACR and I have no contact with them.
Mintgen Motorsport which has accompanied the Nurburgring record drives me say you need a Dry Sump. That's why I'm so confused.
Another tuner told me to be a customer leaves an SRT 10 Year 06 with tuning. Its engine was broken on the track day due to lack of dry sump.
I hope I make the right decision but when many people are in the USA with the ACR on the road and track did not happen it should already be stable. I want to settle with the ACR already close to going to the limit.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
-Oil starvation in 08-10 cars is not nearly as big of a problem as the 03-06 cars. They have better pickups and better oiling systems as a whole, and are far superior to any wet sump used in any other year Vipers.

-The 08-10 ACR-X, ACR and SRT-10 all use the same oil system.

-The ACR and ACR-X use R Comp tires without a problem.

-Dry-Sumps are nice, but unless you NEED one and actually have starvation issues, they are more hassle than they are worth on a street car.

-Many of the engine failures I have seen/heard of in the track-driven Gen-4 arena are all from one specific engine rebuilder, who is also building with a different parts selection that I would use myself, and what appears to be lacking assembly quality. You cannot take much of that data very seriously for that reason. Well built engines stay together... poorly built ones dont, regardless of the oil system.