Another teaser photo posted by SRT on facebook?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether we like it or not, it does seem to be having the desired effect -- folks are talking , complaining , guessing, wondering, etc.

Oh Bill you are my hero. :smirk:

This is what SRT wants the world to do! Yes, social media IS in fact stronger than a forum, the numbers out weigh themselves. They already know the VCA is talking about the gen V but what about the rest of the world? Why not leave everyone guessing and thinking? Obviously it's working if you guys are sharing opinions about it. I am dying here, trying to find a way to see the thing when it's unveiled as I am EXTREMELY excited about it since it'll probably be the only time a new Viper is unveiled here in NY...EVER.

When have we ever caught a glimpse of the next gen of anything except under some camo? To say the least Chrysler does a ridiculously good job of hiding the shape of that car. We know from the mules that the front end is different but still has a gen III/IV for a rear end. The wheels aren't even new!

For a photographer, getting shots of a naked mule is alot like leaking a record album before it's initial release. Think about it. The only eyes that have sampled the new car are those that are working on the project and those that went to VOI11, until then 'here's a 30 second sample' for the rest of the world.

I can't wait. :)

--RS

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody complaining how it's not fair for SRT to release teasers to facebook and not here needs to stop complaining.
Every VCA member who attended had the opportunity at VOI 11 to see the actual car in the flesh, or at least a clay model of it. That's more actual exposure than all of the teaser pics and renderings on the internet combined...

I fixed your quote for ya.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, every VCA member indeed had an opportunity to see it. Weather that opportunity was economically feasible, however is a different matter

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Ford GT owner and the New Viper is on my Radar Screen.. You Viper fanatics are lucky to be getting a new car !! I am sharing in the excitement to see the Gen V. Today Autoweek had a blurb about this new Red photo on their site.. I am not a Face Book person but I am surprised the 2nd photo is not on the SRT countdown web site.. I would think they would add photos to that site when they update the Face Book page. ???

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120221/NEWYORK/120229988

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally a picture of the interior. That last picture version turned upside down, it is clearly an interior door panel cup as it does not flow through. Pretty cool looking interior door panel area if you ask me and would explain the state of the "Carbon Fiber look". It is very similar to the interior Carbon Fiber materials on the other vehicles in the family. There is nothing saying it is from the exterior of the car and I am pretty sure I remember that part of the remedering from the interior renderings on the wall in the black room or at least a version of it. Red leather on the interior though?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they showed the car how many other car companies would start stealing design elements for their own cars.

Don't know what I'm getting for Christmas but I can wait and I can wait till April for the Gen V.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they showed the car how many other car companies would start stealing design elements for their own cars.

Don't know what I'm getting for Christmas but I can wait and I can wait till April for the Gen V.

Like Hyandi. IT seems like every car they make is a ripoff.

Bruce

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
NOTE to SRT:

If SRT is NOT taking advantage of direct marketing (and indirect marketing) to forums they are missing the boat and a lot of potential buyers. I would have an intern / student posting on all of the high end sports car competitive forums to drive POTENTIAL BUYERS to the SRT website. Why not drive interest to a captive audience - and an audience that Dodge has been missing in the past. How often do you hear people ask you - who makes the Viper? As others have pointed out - how many real potential buyers are being made aware of the new Viper by the info being posted on facebook? Sorry, but I'm gonna guess that number is closer to 0 than even 10!

If Dodge needs some help with an outstanding potential intern, I know of a soon-to-be graduate from Brown University, International Relations Major, 3.5+ GPA, Marine Officer Candidate, that just so happens to be a Viper nut. Knows more facts and figures about Vipers and newer sports cars than most on this board.

Currently, Chrysler corp does not do much direct marketing to forums. They use twitter, FB, etc.

Secondly it's not worth their while. 500 or so people here to see it, 120,000+ on FB...

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the last of pic of the die cast car, I WAS RIGHT, this last teaser was in fact the opening of one of the 2 hood vent wich are each sid of the NACA vent......

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like this new Hotwheels a lot more.
The previous was shot at the wrong angle.... and badly misguided us to think about the shape of the headlights. Something I hoped for.

The comparison of the teaser with the Hotwheels picture shows how difficult it is to get a clue about the lines on the car. It has me curious for more! But I like what I see!

-nighthawk-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told you it was near the drivers side window :p

There are a LOT of details missing on the Hot Wheels leak and unfortunately people are getting the wrong impression early :(

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the next teaser shot should be a helecopter view of a field with as many horses as the viper has under its hood. It would give us something to do until april at least. by the time we counted them all it'll be April 4.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the next teaser shot should be a helecopter view of a field with as many horses as the viper has under its hood. It would give us something to do until april at least. by the time we counted them all it'll be April 4.

Now that's good marketing! :)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

LOL!!!