Polyurethane suspension bushings group buy!!

overzealous1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So it is final! The polyurethane control arm and shock bushing kits are ready to start taking orders! My very first call looking for parts for my car was for polyurethane bushings over 2.5 years ago. Nobody made them. I have finally gotten so sick of the wet sponge feel of my cars handling, I have decided to make them! This first group buy is for 1997-2002 GTS and RT/10. Gen 3-4 is only a week or so out! Gen 1 shortly after.
For those not familiar with Polyurethane bushings, there is alot of advantages. Polyurethane is chemical resistant, will not break down like rubber, alot firmer than rubber, and in the case of the Viper, you no longer need to buy a full control arm or shock to replace worn bushings!
The stock rubber bushings allow for alignment change and control arm movement when subjected to cornering, braking, and acceleration forces. On cars with skinnier tires, this change is less noticeable. But, the viper being able to create greater forces than most cars, and larger tires then most cars, this alignment changing relates to a car that feels loose or unpredictable when being pushed near the limit. With the poly you get far more predictable handling, and far longer bushing life.
Not only is there the obvious performance gains to the poly bushings, but it can be looked at as a maintenance part also for the Viper. Upon pulling my car apart (97 GTS) i noticed the stock rubber bushings were in far worse shape than originally thought. Every bushing on the entire car was cracked, some even with chunks missing. Even not all of the stock bushings are available without the purchase of a whole new control arm, or new shock. My shock bushings were approx. 1/8" off center with no weight on them out of the car. With weight on them, and figuring in where they bolt onto the control arm, this could equate to about 3/4" or more in dropped ride height, and the first 3/4" of rebound being nothing but bushing play! The bushings are not dampened by the shock, so it can induce a slight amount of bounce. Not good for handling!
So in this initial group buy you will receive all control arm bushings, all shock bushings, related hardware, and an alignment lock kit that is installed once your alignment is set. These are all parts made in short runs specifically for the Viper. All hand made in the U.S.A.!!
I understand some of you already have aftermarket shocks that have uniball or some type of solid mount already. In that case just let me know and i can subtract the price of the shock kit.
Instructions will come with each kit. Some of the stock bushing outer cases are kept, and some inner cases are kept. This is all outlined in the instructions. Polyurethane bushings must be greased, so we include grease taylored to this. A special oil has also been added to all of the bushings to help eliminate sqeeking.

Group buy price is $640 shipped anywhere in the U.S. I will be holding that group buy price for an entire month!! After March 15th, price will go to $700 shipped. They will ship via usps priority. Paypal is preferred method of payment. I have over 330+ positive feedback on Ebay with a 100% score, and about 500 total paypal transactions.
Just to add. I am also offering a service where you can send me the control arms, and shocks, and i will install them for you and send back. Labor charge is $200 excluding shipping. Local installs can be handled by Portland Speed Industries here in Portland. I will be meeting with them on proper install tips and tricks.
Interested locals will also get shipping and paypal fees removed for even a better deal!

My cell phone # is 503-504-1037 (Scott) and can be reached at that number to help with install questions or tips. The website will be up very shortly and am reviving the name SVRTech (the name of my parts business i had before my day job got too busy!). A quick search and you will find many videos posted by customers about prior products on the 350Z/G35 chassis. As far as i know, I still have the highest bolt on power record for exhaust designs. I even recognize some screen names from the forums over there who also moved up to the viper!

Now the pics!!

Full kit you will receive with group buy price
You must be registered for see images attach

Control arm only kit

Shock only kit

installed upper front control arm

Pic of how bushing goes together for all lower control arms with s.s. washer thrust surfaces.

Pic showing thickness of polyurethane. it will be exceptionally responsive, with minimal deflection. Enough deflection though to eliminate bind through the entire suspension movement!!

All alignment lock shims are 304 stainless. All lower control arm bolts are fine thread grade 8 bolts with grade 8 nylock nuts. All thrust washers are also stainless. All center bushing material is drawn over mandrel steel.

This first group by is for all 1997-2002 GTS and RT/10. Gen 3-4 is right around the corner (hoping a week or 2) with gen 1 right after that.
Just to add. I am also offering a service where you can send me the control arms, and shocks, and i will install them for you and send back. Labor charge is $200 excluding shipping. Local installs can be handled by Portland Speed Industries here in Portland. I will be meeting with them on proper install tips and tricks.
Interested locals will also get shipping and paypal fees removed for even a better deal!

Pm me or post questions here!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would a press be necessary to seat the shock and control arm bushings? Thank you.

OP
OP
O

overzealous1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the lower rear shock mounts are deep enough that it will help, but it could easily be done with a vise. on all the control arms the stock outer casing is kept. drill out rubber and disgard stock center. on the shocks, the rubber is drilled out and outer casing disgarded, but stock centers are kept. i include a very thick marine/industrial grease, so i was able to install everything else with channel locks! it really can be installed by someone with an average set of tools.
what took the longest to do was trying to separate the ball joints on disassembly. you can opt to just remove the control arms and spindle as one unit and save some time. i give it a 3 out of 5 wrench rating! :)

OP
OP
O

overzealous1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
here is a few pics of the condition of the bushings that came out of my car.

rear lower shock mount. chunk missing, overheated on bottom side, cracked, and notice how far the center bushing is off center and separation at the top. this was obviously with not weight even on it!

upper shock mounts. notice over heated condition on top of bushing, indicating material was squashed outwards and rubbed off. cracked also. center bushing also off center with no weight even on it.

pic indicating condition of nearly all control arm bushings. others had a couple outer chunks missing.

my car is a 97 gts with 60k on it. thats what these pics are from.

OP
OP
O

overzealous1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
gen 3-4 will be ready to ship in 2 weeks or less! price is only $10 more at $650 gb price. get on the list now to get in on the first batch!!

OP
OP
O

overzealous1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
got lots of kits out there now, i know some are on the road! looking for feedback.

it has come to my attention that some other vendors have been spreading misinformation about the bushings they have never seen, installed, or tested. yes, the information has gotten back to me. if any shops or other site sponsors would like to physically see or test the product themselves, all you have to do is call me or send a message, and we can work out how you would like to do it.
if anyone has any further questions about the manufacturing of these, feel free to post questions here for all to see. the viper community is in desperate need of this product and i do not want misinformation to lead people into making uninformed or misguided descisions by people who have never seen product.
my car is under continuous testing with these on the street, with *** holes and other hazards. i check them every 100 miles or so. still look brand new. for those waiting for long haul testing, no problem, i will still be here and posting results. ;)

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any updates from the people that have purchased these from you? Overall quality impression? Performance improvement on and off the track? How stiff are they compared to the stock bushings? (There's a specific name for the stiffness rating or whatever, but its escaping my memory atm) What’s the expected life span of these bushings? Has any kind of durability testing been done?

Matt

OP
OP
O

overzealous1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most all technical stuff and ratings is covered in above posts. I know there are atleast a couple guys running them on the track. As time progresses I am sure more will chime in on performance they have personally recorded.
Expected life span is hard to say. I pulled a set of poly bushings out of my 67 camaro i put in 25 years ago. They still looked new. I personally have never heard of a set going bad (correct mix and installation ofcourse). Polyurethane has the best abrasion resistance of nearly all the urethanes and then you couple that with some of the best grease to be used in this application. No doubt it will last the life of the car, and should last past all of our life spans also!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any updates from the people that have purchased these from you? Overall quality impression? Performance improvement on and off the track? How stiff are they compared to the stock bushings? (There's a specific name for the stiffness rating or whatever, but its escaping my memory atm) What’s the expected life span of these bushings? Has any kind of durability testing been done?

Matt

I just got my set back from Scott. Not sure when I will get them installed, but hopefully in the next 6-8 months. They do look fantastic..................:2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper