new viper hot wheels car

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That blown up picture shows no curves or flair over the rear wheels just straight back that cannot be it...:omg:

That's my single biggest concern and biggest complaint with the genIII/IV. Jeff Lemke did his best to fix it with the Street Serpent. The best example I have is a comp coupe. Look at pictures of it coming down a straight away at you and then the ACR. No comparison. The Viper needs those flares to give it that unique/exotic shape.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 99% sure it is the GEN 5 Viper. For three reasons: It looks so much like what we saw at VOI, it has been confirmed it came off a Hotwheels poster and it matches pretty well with the teaser pics.

I called it at our last Viper meeting. Just about every car gets leaked in some way. (New corvette, New Lamborghini Aventador, etc., etc.) And it's almost always by a company they give pics to early. There are no more secrets welcome to the age of the internet.

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone post to compare the pic of the drawing in Car and Driver and this pic from Hot Wheels?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blown up photo does look a bit more like the teaser slides. Oh well, since this is all over the net and Chrysler cannot take it down everywhere, there will have to be some kind of response. Talk about a FUBARED situation. The person at Mattel who released the poster showing the photo and that person's immediate supervisor, will be the sacrificial lambs assuming the contract with Hotwheels properly restricted the use of the image. If it did not, the attorney who handled that contract for Chrylser is history. But, with that said, the real car shown in the teaser slides was considerably better looking and, at least to my eye, had better design symmetry and proportion.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Double agreed! I do like the looks of the Aston Martin, so hopefully those rear end comparisons are more correct than what is shown in the Hot Wheels pics. Classic coupe duck-bill rear end seems to missing in the pics.

In my totally unbiased opinion - I also agree that Lemke did an amazing job with his Street Serpent kit :D.

It is kind of hard to tell from the Hot Wheel pics what kind of HP, Torque, Braking, Weight, Interior and all of those other minor details will look like :omg:.

That's my single biggest concern and biggest complaint with the genIII/IV. Jeff Lemke did his best to fix it with the Street Serpent. The best example I have is a comp coupe. Look at pictures of it coming down a straight away at you and then the ACR. No comparison. The Viper needs those flares to give it that unique/exotic shape.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Hot Wheel pic has a lot of similarities but is missing more bulk and curves. The scoops on either side of the hood were a lot more agressive. Like I have said before, they are more like Ford GT scoops with no covers.

Bruce

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on Mattel's poor attempt at a denial, and SRTs lack of comment...I'd say this is the real deal.

Based on this image, it's nothing to get excited about. Nice looking, yes. But for all the hype and secrecy, I thought I'd get blown out if the water. This looks like a Gen 3 crossed with a Gen 2.

Oh well, at least the specs are still secret!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I remember of what I saw that night in Utah,

This car has all the syling cues, but it does not have the complete curvature, probably for a number of reasons , just simple draft angles for popping these cars out of the dies, etc and the fact that they were probably given photos but no CAD info.

The lack of width is something that the Utah car had, it appeared less wide than a GTS or an SRT and this car has that same narrow butt syndrome that the car inveiled in Utah had.

That all said, DON"T JUDGE A CAR BY IT'S MATCHBOX VERSION, a lot gets lost when it is reduced to 1/64th scale

Last edited:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Double agreed! I do like the looks of the Aston Martin, so hopefully those rear end comparisons are more correct than what is shown in the Hot Wheels pics. Classic coupe duck-bill rear end seems to missing in the pics.

In my totally unbiased opinion - I also agree that Lemke did an amazing job with his Street Serpent kit :D.

It is kind of hard to tell from the Hot Wheel pics what kind of HP, Torque, Braking, Weight, Interior and all of those other minor details will look like :omg:.

To be honest I don't care what's under the hood and inside if that's what the exterior looks like. I can buy a Subaru and make it Viper fast. I like the Viper because of it's exotic shape and look, even though the SRT models lost some of that appeal.

If the new Viper really does look as *** as the hot wheels car does I will give up on Viper and go away. I was seriously contemplating biting the bullet and buying the new Viper. This pic has really let me down. I feel like it's the SRT-8 Jeep all over again. I was ready to purchase one until I saw the Overland looking rear, no center exhaust, crappy transmission, etc. I feel like Ralph gets started on a project and never finishes it correctly and cuts corners. I hope I'm wrong. Pardon my passionate posts. I pride myself in being a Viper fanatic even if the folks behind the design have been forcing me away

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I don't care what's under the hood and inside if that's what the exterior looks like. I can buy a Subaru and make it Viper fast. I like the Viper because of it's exotic shape and look, even though the SRT models lost some of that appeal.

If the new Viper really does look as *** as the hot wheels car does I will give up on Viper and go away. I was seriously contemplating biting the bullet and buying the new Viper. This pic has really let me down. I feel like it's the SRT-8 Jeep all over again. I was ready to purchase one until I saw the Overland looking rear, no center exhaust, crappy transmission, etc. I feel like Ralph gets started on a project and never finishes it correctly and cuts corners. I hope I'm wrong. Pardon my passionate posts. I pride myself in being a Viper fanatic even if the folks behind the design have been forcing me away

It looks like a GTS with a few add ons. I am not sure how a Viper fan doesn't like it? I mean it's not the most orginal design but it looks pretty amazing to me.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like a GTS with a few add ons. I am not sure how a Viper fan doesn't like it? I mean it's not the most orginal design but it looks pretty amazing to me.

Because it doesn't look exotic. It really does look like the Alfa 8C. Which is a terrible thing. I've seen one in person and it looks like an SLK or Audi TT competitor (girl car). The general public loved the Gen I/II Vipers. They hated the gen III/IV vipers. Only enthusiast liked the gen III/IV. The Viper needs an exotic shape. It's impossible to have an exotic shape when your sides are straight and fenders aren't flared unless your car is 80"+ wide (think Koenigsegg). Automotive design basics dictate that the doors need to be tucked in from the fenders so the car starts wide, goes in, and then flares back out. That or the wedge shape like Lamborghini and Pagani have perfected. Instead we have another boring generation of the Viper with straight flat sides. The rear of the Viper needs to be at least 77-78" wide to give it that exotic look going down the road. It cannot have the proportions of a normal sports car (corvette). That is my point. The Viper is an American exotic. This new design is not even remotely exotic looking.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunetly I can't get the image out of my freakin head. I hate the SLS looking headlights and the FT86 bumper. What happened?

And I'm sure Mattel and Hot Wheels are so tight right now you could shove a lump of coal up there and in a few hours have a diamond. Of course there going to deny it to some random person calling them. Right now it's their freakin job to say 'no, this isn't it.'

--RS

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just spoke to Bernie at Tomball, he's raising the prices on all the leftover Gen 4's.
j/k.......;)

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I remember of what I saw that night in Utah,

this car has all the syling cues, but it does not have the complete curvature, probably ofr a number of reasons , just simple draft angles for popping these cars out of the dies, etc and the fact that they were probably given photos but no CAD info.

the lack of width is something that teh UTah car had, it appeared less wide than a GTS or an SRT and this car has that same narrow but syndrome that teh car inveiled in Utah had.

That all said, DON"T JUDGE A CAR BY IT'S MATCHBOX VERSION, a lot gets lost when it is reduced to 1/64th scale

Agreed, both the Car and Driver drawing and this Hot Wheels drawing have similar cues but also have differences. I think they saw lines, not a CAD drawing that detailed the intakes and such.

LOOK at both and judge for yourself.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. For me, this illustrates what I am complaining about. Every time I see the ACR, I feel like the looks don't match the performance. It has no shape. Then I look at the Comp Coupe. It may be slower, but it sure as hell looks better. Had they produced the Comp Coupe with a shorter/revise rear I think the Gen III/IV coupe would have been a home run.

You must be registered for see images

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The truth of the matter is it looks a lot like a GTS. And the GTS is a classic that will look good at any age and SRT just proved that just a little more.

Now they just need to let that cat out of the bag and show the car. As I am sure the hotwheels version can't hold a candle to the "real" version.

Last edited:

Viper Nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am amazed at the comments... All of this conjecture over a "drawing" of a proposed Hot wheels toy. Have you ever seen one that was a perfect representation of the car it was modeled after?

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all sad. Im sure the real think will have more shape to the body but over all Im sooo glad to have my Gen 4.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because it doesn't look exotic. It really does look like the Alfa 8C. Which is a terrible thing. I've seen one in person and it looks like an SLK or Audi TT competitor (girl car). The general public loved the Gen I/II Vipers. They hated the gen III/IV vipers. Only enthusiast liked the gen III/IV. The Viper needs an exotic shape. It's impossible to have an exotic shape when your sides are straight and fenders aren't flared unless your car is 80"+ wide (think Koenigsegg). Automotive design basics dictate that the doors need to be tucked in from the fenders so the car starts wide, goes in, and then flares back out. That or the wedge shape like Lamborghini and Pagani have perfected. Instead we have another boring generation of the Viper with straight flat sides. The rear of the Viper needs to be at least 77-78" wide to give it that exotic look going down the road. It cannot have the proportions of a normal sports car (corvette). That is my point. The Viper is an American exotic. This new design is not even remotely exotic looking.

Dont know where you heard that, probably on a Vette forum:dunno: In real life it tend to be different ..... Park a gen III/IV between 2 Ferraris (wich ever you want) and guess wich car 's gonna get all the attention????? Forza Viper lol :headbang:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am amazed at the comments... All of this conjecture over a "drawing" of a proposed Hot wheels toy. Have you ever seen one that was a perfect representation of the car it was modeled after?

Given your username I'm amazed that you are amazed. The Viper group is (was?) a passionate group who really cares about the fate of the car. You and SRT people should be happy so many people are so intimately involved. Positive or Negative. We've been hyped up over the past year with "you won't be disappointed" and then this little hot wheel **** surfaces.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know where you heard that, probably on a Vette forum:dunno: In real life it tend to be different ..... Park a gen III/IV between 2 Ferraris (wich ever you want) and guess wich car 's gonna get all the attention????? Forza Viper lol :headbang:

Ummm I don't go to Corvette forums. Park a Gen III between two Ferraris and see which gets more attention? LOL you have got to be joking me. No one even looks at the SRT Vipers at local car shows except for Viper lovers.

I've spent a lot of time driving a 98' GTS in 1999 and a 2005 SRT in 2005-2008. I never got the gawkers in the SRT like I did in the GTS when it was relevant. People would follow me in the GTS and try to talk, regularly. No one has ever done that in an SRT. Half the people think it's a vette or something else.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just erase the image from memory because it is not an exact representation of the GEN V. IMO you WILL be blown away by the new car when we see it on 4/4/12.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, folks are way to quick to judge. the 2 actual releases and the VOI release of the car look amazing. IT does have a cross between a GEN2 and GEN3 with some European flair. It will not dissapoint.

Bruce

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a smoothed out version of the picture. Oddly, the cut lines look like a clamshell hood or perhaps a regular lift hood that incorporates the fender peaks.
You must be registered for see images attach

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
One question that I've had all along with how long this tease has been going on is - Has it been soooo over-hyped and teased that the expectations would never be met - even if it looks really good? You can't please everyone and the design must pass all of the manufacturing and regulatory hurdles. To use Ralph's analogy - everyone has a different view of what a **** ******* a beach looks like. For me since the 2013 is NOT ******* - it's just not **** enough for me no matter what!

Now this is **** :rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. For me, this illustrates what I am complaining about. Every time I see the ACR, I feel like the looks don't match the performance. It has no shape. Then I look at the Comp Coupe. It may be slower, but it sure as hell looks better. Had they produced the Comp Coupe with a shorter/revise rear I think the Gen III/IV coupe would have been a home run.

You must be registered for see images
Would have to agree....:dunno:

http://javascript<strong></strong>:;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4