Comparing Gen5 Leak Photos here...

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I decided to do some side-by-side comparisons of the various leak photos going around. I didn't feel it necessary to include the hotwheels pics.:confused:
I'm just looking at the autoblog spy pics and the mold patterns.
Here is what I see...

Similarities:
A) Obviously the triple hood vents are in both. I notice the deep dish scoops come down lower on the hood just past the top of the keyhole vent in both pictures.
You must be registered for see images attach

B) The front end is the same. It's difficult for anyone to deny you're looking at the same thing in both pics.

Differences:
A) The shape of the keyhole vent is different in each pic. The opening in the autoblog spy pics is much broader in it's transition towards the top than the one in the mold pattern.

B) Center of the hood is not the same. The spy pics show a larger convex shape and the mold pattern seems to be much flatter.

So I think the pattern is an older iteration of the design. They probably tested and decided to open up the front vent some more so the spy pics are likely more accurate. The mold pattern seems to be the real deal. It's made of a material called Ren Shape 470. I've use it for years and always have it delivered from Freeman Mfg. in Avon, Oh. It's a little pricey but it has no grain or knots as you get with wood so it makes excellent patterns for tooling. I'm the lead Cad engineer where I work and I also program cnc machines to cut patterns just like you see in the pics.

I think like Chad said the other day, SRT is probably releasing pics in order to drum up excitement... but I think they released the old mold pics so we still get a little surprise in April :smirk:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good work but...

Your comparing a production based mule to a GT2 race car. It's bound to be different.

--RS

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About Difference A. you should note that the swirly camo pattern serves to disguise some of the lines. They give an impression of the hood opening being much larger than it is, or at least that's what I've gleamed from the photos

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but the hood mold pictures look like there is a GTS-R in the works because it looks like there are two spaces reserved for hood pins and the hood vents are also a good amount bigger compared to the teaser pic on facebook.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but the hood mold pictures look like there is a GTS-R in the works because it looks like there are two spaces reserved for hood pins and the hood vents are also a good amount bigger compared to the teaser pic on facebook.

Hence the reason people are saying the molds are for a GT2 race car.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe that's because the teaser pic on facebook wasn't a hood vent, it was a rear diff cooler scoop.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So I think the pattern is an older iteration of the design. They probably tested and decided to open up the front vent some more so the spy pics are likely more accurate. The mold pattern seems to be the real deal. It's made of a material called Ren Shape 470. I've use it for years and always have it delivered from Freeman Mfg. in Avon, Oh. It's a little pricey but it has no grain or knots as you get with wood so it makes excellent patterns for tooling. I'm the lead Cad engineer where I work and I also program cnc machines to cut patterns just like you see in the pics.

I think like Chad said the other day, SRT is probably releasing pics in order to drum up excitement... but I think they released the old mold pics so we still get a little surprise in April :smirk:

Great job VYPR BYT 94, that was a good analysis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh