Viper gala in New York

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I want to clarify the dress code for the introduction of the new viper in Soho.......black tie?

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, I want to clarify the dress code for the introduction of the new viper in Soho.......black tie?

I asked around about this...I have friends in NYC that are in the fashion industry.

"No" to black tie (although I am prepared); the person I spoke with told me "NY Chic" is suit and tie. I am not sure about this, let me check around some more. (you can make fun of me all you want, but I do like to dress appropriately...heck I have 5 driver's suits!)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not what you wear but How you wear it. I could rock jeans and a V-neck tee.

but i got swag....;)

If your consulting with friends in the fashon industry then your overthinking it and might as well just grab your go-to generic monkey suit that you wear to weddings/funerals/ect... and jazz it up with a loud tie:2tu:

A drivers suit would be cool.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suit & tie not required.

Wear what ever make you feel dapper. Texas guys can wear a hat & boots, California guys a sport coat & slacks, midwest a suit, east coast guys a leather jacket and jeans.

Viper guys can wear a logo shirt and SRT jacket.

Think lots of things will be acceptable, or just be like me, and wear what ever your wife/GF tells you to wear : >)

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they want to avoid slobs showing up in tank tops and sweat pants with holes in them. It's a high profile event with lots of cameras and the last thing they want is an ugly group of slobs moping around in the background of pics.
Just look nice, that's all.

I do think the drivers suit would be the most appropriate though! :) just sayin'

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked around about this...I have friends in NYC that are in the fashion industry.

"No" to black tie (although I am prepared); the person I spoke with told me "NY Chic" is suit and tie. I am not sure about this, let me check around some more. (you can make fun of me all you want, but I do like to dress appropriately...heck I have 5 driver's suits!)

If that suit is a fitted Armani then yes it's suit and tie ;)

Its not what you wear but How you wear it. I could rock jeans and a V-neck tee.

but i got swag....;)

If your consulting with friends in the fashon industry then your overthinking it and might as well just grab your go-to generic monkey suit that you wear to weddings/funerals/ect... and jazz it up with a loud tie:2tu:

A drivers suit would be cool.

NY chic is alot of things but I can tell you what it's not! it's not your regular standard suit, it's not baggy jeans with a viper tshirt, it's not slacks,shirt and a blazer, it's not sneakers (running, or cross training), and it's deft not cowboy boots and hat :rolaugh:
NY chic is more an attitude of how you wear what you like and what's in right now... Jeans(as long as they are not baggy) and V necks, polos, or even some tshirts are cool if done right with the right shoes, Suits are always chic but must be skinny or fitted..., If you need examples just open up any GQ and you will get the idea ;)
Just to clarify, I'm not saying not to wear what makes you comfortable, but just what NY chick is. I personally think that this venue is wrong for the Viper and it's current members. It screams Ferrari guys!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Kneebrasky and izzz confused? Why we sposed to all go dressed like a New York Chick?????
:lmao: I dont get it either.. It's obnoxious for SRT to put NY chick on there... A simple casual and neat attire would have been acceptable.... I guess they forget who's coming to this party:dunno:

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh god, I love the comments on this subject! LOL

To clarify, the person I "consulted" about what to wear happens to live in New York and is a fellow racer. We were talking about things related to racing so I asked him to ask his girlfriend.

I don't own Armani suits...I'm too cheap. :)

But having the "NY Chic" notation is not inappropriate. Like it was said above, this is a big event for Dodge/SRT, and some people don't know what to wear. I've seen people show up at high-end weddings in jeans and t-shirts..c'mon...we're above that. This is an upscale car, remember?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt just to get your ******* wadded up. :)

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask a simple question.....and there was some questions brought up with the Arizona Club if black tie was necessary. Since Pemberton dropped in, I can see him in a chicken suit or in some Cornhusker "Go Big Red" onsombo. Since I am originally from Iowa....I guess I will have to wear what my grandfather ( who was a farmer) wore when he came to the big city.....overalls, a big white Stetson hat, and a jacket.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Viper Tony- I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt just to get your ******* wadded up. :) "

Maybe you should go comando under your jeans your underwear dont get wadded up.​

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, lets try and grow up a little bit.

Do yourself and your wives or girlfriends a favor. Go and pick up a GQ magazine.

And don't just read the articles, look at the pictures. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." :D

Here are a couple of celebrity examples that might help you avoid a fashion faux pas:

NO
You must be registered for see images attach

YES

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, lets try and grow up a little bit.

Do yourself and your wives or girlfriends a favor. Go and pick up a GQ magazine.

And don't just read the articles, look at the pictures. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." :D

Here are a couple of celebrity examples that might help you avoid a fashion faux pas:

NO

YES

Oh triumph the insult comic dog. That's awesome. :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmao. This threa is awesome! :rolaugh:

So, as a Canadian, do I get to wear a Mountie outfit? :D

Randall, priceless. :rolaugh:

Bill, :lmao:

Steve, TMFI. Tony, please don't answer that one! ;)

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, I think tiddy whities in Nebrasky is the full length underwear with the rear "drawer" in back!!! Start a useful thread and it only takes about two minutes for it to go south. Friday is my birthday so I will come to New York in my birthday suit and a black tie. Mopar Boy..do not forget to bring your horse.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Dr. Bob,

We stay away from them rear drawer undies, as we fear some proctologists might take vantage of us --- now what do you practice?

Seriously, we need to rephrase this as " Gilles Chic," as I have never seen Ralph with a tie on , so I am figuring if we all wear nice slacks or upscale jeans with a sport coat and a nice shirt , we will meet the true look of a Viper afficianado. I figure if it is good enough for Ralph, then it is good enough for all the rest of us? I do even plan to polish my shoes!

Fashion Statement #101 -- don't overdress in front of the CEO of SRT. Somehow I would rather use Ralph Gilles as a Viper style maven than all go looking more in the vein of Ralph Lauren. Heh, just a thought!

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dear Dr. Bob,

We stay away from them rear drawer undies, as we fear some proctologists might take vantage of us --- now what do you practice?

Seriously, we need to rephrase this as " Gilles Chic," as I have never seen Ralph with a tie on , so I am figuring if we all wear nice slacks or upscale jeans with a sport coat and a nice shirt , we will meet the true look of a Viper afficianado. I figure if it is good enough for Ralph, then it is good enough for all the rest of us? I do even plan to polish my shoes!

Fashion Statement #101 -- don't overdress in front of the CEO of SRT. Somehow I would rather use Ralph Gilles as a Viper style maven than all go looking more in the vein of Ralph Lauren. Heh, just a thought!

I spoke with some people...William is spot on. Black Tie is overboard; my bad. Rumor has it that Mr. Gilles doesn't own a tie...

But the conversation is not inappropriate. Remember, we are representing the VCA, so we don't want to look like slobs.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Big shot Viper Tony- That is censorship and just plain not fair . You are a Bully and an abuser of power . :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, to support the earliest Dodge dealers we should all wear Tator Togas : >)

But seriously guys, think this event is turning out to be a pretty cool happening. No reason to read more into it than there is. It was most appropriate for SRT to recommend a dress suggestion so people can have some guideline to know what is their intent, and so everybody can feel comfortable when they attend.

There will be no fashion police, so plan to grab a drink, nibble on some walk around food, and when the newest Viper in unveiled, I bet all attention will be on the car as the star!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960