Are you disappointed side exhaust will return?

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Im a minority here. I loved the rear exit on my Gen 2 and hated the side exit on my Gen 3. The side exit just sounds bad. Too each his own. Lol

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the side exhaust. I thought my stock 2006 sounded great although many thought it was not loud enough. I really did not like the drone of my Gen II GTS and thought the 2006 sound was a big improvement.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will always prefer side exhaust for the Viper and I would even take it up a notch and wish for exposed header pipes like on the 89 Viper prototype if ever possible. The rear exit for the Gen II does not look as good and does weigh more but it was a necessary evil that helped it pass emissions for those years. I think that the Gen III had exhaust innovations that allowed for the return of the side exit. The rear exit looks very good but side exhaust is more over the top which is what the Viper has to have.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep UPS delivery truck sound...... Need to change the firing oreder to make them sound different...

Thank you, I have tried and heard all the possible exhaust combinations and they all sound like crap imo!! Either that or give us a 8K revving V10 :D

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, I have tried and heard all the possible exhaust combinations and they all sound like crap imo!! Either that or give us a 8K revving V10 :D

Yes the 6200 redline is a bit old for me as well. I am among the minority here I much preferred my GTS rear exit over my SRT side. Rear is a much cleaner look IMO and the longer exhaust pipes give the car a better sound.

BLUEVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is that one of my Vipers was an 01 with rear exhaust and my latest is a 10 Final Edition. Both are convertibles and I usually only drive with the top down. I really love the look of the side exhaust but....
1. The exhaust really does do a number on your left ear (especially if you are an aggressive driver...and love high revs...)
2. I have to leave my garage door open for awhile when I come and go...to vent the exhaust.
but...with that said I still plan on buying the new 2013 Gen 5...and it will be the first Coupe I will have owned.

BLUEVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..I'm with Gonabite... I'd much prefer a rear exhaust...and I really hope it has a nice sound...
I hate to say this..but I owned a 5.0 Ford LX back in the late 80's (hope I'm not dating myself) and those cars, like the current ones, I think, have the best (factory) exhaust sound of any car on the road...lets hope the next Viper has a great sound!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the side exhaust look on the Viper but it does have too many drawbacks. Nonetheless, if it returns I'll be fine with it.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Side exhaust equals kooooooool....

The gts and srts both sound like ass....so what does it matter. The odd fireing v10 will never sound like a lsx or 5.0

But at the same time the viper has its own unique sound, love it or hate it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456