Are you disappointed side exhaust will return?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not disappointed at all! I'm glad SRT is continuing this tradition.:headbang:

With that said, I do envy the Gen II's for their sound though...by far the best exhaust configuration for sound purposes.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love side exhuast. On my first Charger when I was a teen I put side pipes on it (I know I was a dork), but wow, what sound. I had headers attached directly to the side pipes.. no muffler... Talk about loud!!!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lambos have vertical doors and vipers have sidepipes. Just that simple.

Very glad they kept it

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the SRT guys can make that one of the options for the buyers? Side or rear exhaust? :2tu:

I personnaly like the sound of rear, but also when the exhaust gets modified, because you know it will, by going out the rear, it won't be too loud on the ears. :eek:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you kidding! I can't imagine it WITHOUT side exhaust. Side exhaust is a requirement imo.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first love... 60's cobra
My second love... gen1 viper
Common denominator ... curves and side pipes :D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely not disappointed, but would I be disappointed with a center rear exhaust like the GenII, no. My 2000 sounded so awesome with the balenger setup, and without making me deaf in my left ear. I guess I'd say, functionally I way prefer the rear exhaust of the genII, perfect sound is easy. I prefer the look & signature of the side exhaust. So either way, for me it's .... winning.

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep UPS delivery truck sound...... Need to change the firing oreder to make them sound different...

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that recently SRT engineers have been wearing shorts to test how well the new side pipes are at not burning your leg.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think the GTS looks better when it has the side exhaust conversion.

I like it like this(smooth) rather than adding the gen1 covers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Side Exhaust = Viper IMO

I have been on the fence thinking about whether to convert my GTS to side exhaust for a couple years now.

My latest hang up is about how i have no cats and do some city cruising where i dont want crosswinds to blow fumes into the cabin. As it is with rear exit and those stupid leaky flappers in the trunk my contact lenses dry out and my cloths smell like crap. Perhaps side exit would be an improvment for hwy driving with reguards to exhaust fumes...?

The benefits i see of a side exit on a Gen 2 are:
- lighter wieght
- allows for a solid rear diffuser and under panels for better aerodynamics
- looks cool
- shoots flames

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it like this(smooth) rather than adding the gen1 covers.

Side Exhaust = Viper IMO

I have been on the fence thinking about whether to convert my GTS to side exhaust for a couple years now.

My latest hang up is about how i have no cats and do some city cruising where i dont want crosswinds to blow fumes into the cabin. As it is with rear exit and those stupid leaky flappers in the trunk my contact lenses dry out and my cloths smell like crap. Perhaps side exit would be an improvment for hwy driving with reguards to exhaust fumes...?

The benefits i see of a side exit on a Gen 2 are:
- lighter wieght
- allows for a solid rear diffuser and under panels for better aerodynamics
- looks cool
- shoots flames

I just wanted to say your car is beautiful! Very classy and tastefully done.

Regarding side exhaust, I'm glad it's returning. I just hope SRT doesn't put those *** patches around the pipes (like the GenIII/IV) and instead goes for the "smooth" look

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the look, Dom! However, I think I have an extra bag o' fertilizer I can get for you...will you be at VOI?

Huh? fertilizer? Yes i will be @ VOI (& NYC next month:))

I just wanted to say your car is beautiful! Very classy and tastefully done.

Not mine. But when/if i do it you'll see some sweet pics.:)

Here is another one. In RED

The Black one is TRIBLK6spd

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh? fertilizer? Yes i will be @ VOI (& NYC next month)

Sorry, just one o' those moments...I wanted to make a snarky response about your grass and that's all I had...tee hee!

Have fun in NY and I'll look for you at VOI. Please let us know your thoughts on the new one.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, totally went over my head, prob cause it aint my lawn...
I do like some green grass though:2tu:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the side exhausts but they can be problematic at race tracks that have sound limits. This is especially true for cars with modified exhausts. I wish someone would come up with an easy way to divert the exhaust away from where ever the sound police are stationed. Owners of other cars with rear exhausts can put down turns on that they point away from the sound police. This allows them to get away with freer flowing systems.