Not Actual Milage Viper for Sale BUYER BEAWARE ! I got burned by $1k from seller !

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, everyone my name is Alex, so i was hoping to become a member here since i was ready to pick up my 2000 Dodge Viper GTS so i joined the forum. I put a deposit on viper VIN#1B3ER69E2YV606557
The car was listed on ebay under item #290675267701, the seller told me he had all the receipts and the car was in excellent condition unfortunetly the ebay Autocheck for some
reason did not catch that the milage has been rolled back. I gave seller $1k and we agree on $29k when i pick up the car this sunday. I was going to drive 12 hours each way to
pick it up. I had credit from carfax that they owed me 1 more report because my account was expired so i emailed them in the beginning of the week to send me the carfax report
i just received it today after taking out $29k in cash from my back and getting ready to drive to utah. The report shows that the 3rd owner rolled back the milage and now the
vehicle is EXEMPT From Milage reporting due to the fact it can no longer be verified. When i confronted the seller about the issue his response was "Too bad you should of done that
research before, just like i should have" (this basicly means he got screwed himself just 2 months ago and this is the real reason he is selling the car). Then he went into making up
stories the reason the title reads as corrected is because the prev owner who also owned the car for just 2 months reported as 2001 accidently (This is obviously a lie the reason its
corrected is because someone tempered with the milage. The seller is now refusing the to refund me $1k. Please help me spread the word about this Viper and this Seller.

I got burned $1,000.00 Don't make the same mistake.

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Not Actual Milage Viper for Sale BUYER BEAWARE ! I got burned by $1k from seller

Further more the person who i sent $1,000.00 is name
Robert Wadman
and the car is owned by person named SCOTT !

my warning be very causios if you decide to buy this car, no one knows how many times the milage could have been rolled back and the current owners is obviously not honest person.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Not Actual Milage Viper for Sale BUYER BEAWARE ! I got burned by $1k from seller

How did you give the deposit, through ebay/paypal or credit card, if so you can put a stop on it, if it was cash/MO or something then that was a risk that burned you, sorry to hear about that.

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i paid with paypal and they told me they unfortunetly don't cover automotive deposits :(

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

300673108471 the car is now relisted again.

funny thing is he now changed the description from excellent condition to good condition ! i guess so the buyer are not as ********** when they find out real news.

on top of that the ebay autocheck is incorrect he is the 5th owner and not 4th, so when you purchase it you will be 6th owner

owner 4 only had the car for 2 months
owner 5 only had the car for 2 months as of now

WATCH OUT

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EIAS everything is a scam. Sorry to hear this but its a daily thing that happens for many items.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Contact eBay they will help you get your money back

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i know it happens often i just wanted to spread the word about this viper, i think a lot of potential buyers look through this types of forums for suggestions.

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paypal told me they don't cover this types of disputes but they recomended to call the credit card and to do a charge back against the charge, i asked them if it will negativly effect my account and they said no they encourage me to contact the card. So lets see what american express will say.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Had something very similar with a car I was looking at, except I didn't get to the point of a deposit. Actually ran across multiple Vipers with skeletons in the closet.

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:( i hope i can resolve this issue with my credit card and continue looking for my viper.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well by posting the vin hopefully you have warned others when they google it.

I would try to get eBay involved.

chenner

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It's too bad there are people out there who won't think twice about screwing others over.

Thanks for the post. I will be looking for a car in the near future and will definitely heed this warning.

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Your credit card will cover you. I had a similar issue with a totalled car i sold; the buyer came back later and said the car was not as described and the credit card company charged back about $7k. Took a bunch of work to get the money back. On my end i described everything with the car, posted about 20 pictures and a walk around video showing the damage....the credit card company still sided with him (meaning 9times out of 10 they will side with the card holder)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

amex is captain at charge backs...call them

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I lost $500 on a 2000 acr deposit. Car was not as described so I openened a case with paypal. The seller agreed to a refund so I closed the case and he never issued the refund. Paypal refused to reopen the case stating some policy and I am still out the money over 2years now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As of right now i contacted AMEX and they told me they will try to resolve the issue with in 30 days. They initiated a chargeback already so i hope it ends in my favor. The car is currently on ebay with Reserve Met at $26,500.00 and ending in couple of days.

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

someone took off their bid so the car ended up with only 25,300 and reserve not met, i would watch out for it to be re-listed some time this week back on eBay.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As of right now i contacted AMEX and they told me they will try to resolve the issue with in 30 days. They initiated a chargeback already so i hope it ends in my favor. The car is currently on ebay with Reserve Met at $26,500.00 and ending in couple of days.
amex will get your money back, and i bet on your next statement you will see your money given back

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Make sure you leave him Negative feedback so it warns other buyers

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

290687556871 the seller put up car on eBay for 3rd time

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

looked at his ad, doesn't look like he is aware of this thread :D

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would at least expect one could alert ebay to this so as to preclude this from happening to somebody else.
I know I would be ticked off if it happened to me and ebay knew about it.
I would feel they are the facilitator in all this if somebody gets screwed they don't have a disclaimer to that guys ad.

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hopefull it wont meet the reserve ! btw its $26,500 if anyone is interested

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paypal is useless. Your credit card company is your best friend. Never send money via Paypal via your bank account.

OP
OP
A

arozhnev

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i agree paypal has no protection for buyers

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i sent this ro a friend who does internet fraud for the FBI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32