*FOUND* 2013 SRT Viper Hot Wheel diecast pics! (rear end!)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One almost wonders if this model was another strategic leak by SRT, as this specific color really seems to hide some of the design cues due to it's dark nature. The rear end, for instance, does not have that somewhat Aston Martin look as much as the prototype in Salt Lake and it is hard to notice the deep ,rear facing scoops in the hood ( ala a rounded Ford GT hood scheme ). It is pleasing to see the rear window element appear, giving it a very different look in the back and the Gurney bubbles are definitely more pronounced -- tall drivers rejoice. Like some others have commented , the headlights just don't look right to me , either, but since this model has popped out now, it sure begs one to wonder if the Marketing Mavens at SRT purposedly let this out --there is just enough correct to make it interesting , and the color seems to mute alot of the fine detail. Since it has not been yanked off the Forum by anyone at Chrysler Corp. it does beg to appear to be a plant in my mind----- again, just enough to keep the *** stirred and with the polish the real car will have , we should expect a stunner. The rims seem a bit more aggressive on the model than the initial ones we saw, so that could also be a good sign. One wonders, though, as rumors of three distinct wheels also are in the wind.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I give it two thumbs up! There is no mistaking this for anything else but a Viper. Especially my favorite stying cue, the Gen II type doors where they taper into the front fender. I can't wait to see the real thing.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's the car, they did a great job. They did the right thing by improving on the original iconic design. As Porsche has done with the 911 design, so should Chrysler, very smart move. Great job Ralph, now I can't wait to drive it at VOI!!!!!!!!!

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only laugh when folks have concerns on the headlight design. The gen 1/2's has some of the ugliest headlights and tailights and hood (weakest part of the car's design) and gen 3/4 improved on those aspects, but lost some of the curves. This car is a great blend and even the headlights on this toy are better than any of the vipers before. I am interested in the final design as Ralph told us this was a key area they were still working on. The front will definately be a bit of a departure with the blacked out grille, but I think a welcome change/improvement. The rear at VOI was most similar to an aston martin (hard to beat) so no complaints there either. As Bruce says, you will not be dissapointed unless your favorite aspects of the prior cars were its headlights/tailights and flat hood.

I am just so glad to see apparently no significant body changes from what we saw at voi.

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it rather appealing even in die cast form. I've come close several times in getting a Gen II since getting rid of my '06 three year ago. I believe my patience will be rewarded with the Gen V. I'm looking forward to next month and to soon see either a Gen II or V in my gargage shortly thereafter.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong. The Gen I & II headlights are SNAKE EYES. Not the GEN III, IV or V. GEN II is still the best. Don't like the front end or sharp edges on the hood of this model. Needs GEN II curvy, full clam-shell hood like a true exotic.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like everything but the ass end which IMO looks horrible and indeed resembles an Audi A7 sportback :crazy2: Please Team SRT don't do this to us!

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will still be snake eyes (design point), just not in a low cost way. There really are no sharp edges on the hood, extremely curvy (extreme). The rear was like an aston martin, so if you don't like that, you won't like this, but never any sign of an audi in it. I think it might be the colors, but hey, I am going alot by the combination of what I saw at VOI and this toy, so we will wait and see how close it will be to that.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm not at all impressed with any of the model pics. Not much change in overall design (where's the ******* the beach?)... hope someone is playing a big joke on all of us.

GavinM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow is all i can say. it's finally here. never thought I would see it in diecast first. It look's good. I'm in. Ready for engine specs!

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am on my 4th viper and was looking forward to the new design. I'm not a traditionalist and was looking for something more aggressive and mean looking. I'll reserve final judgment until I see the performance specs, but my VoooDoo is looking better and better

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never could pull the trigger on a Gen 3 or 4. But this Gen 5 maybe something I could like.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are toying with us and when it is revealed, we're all gonna be blown away by something in the design that nobody saw coming.

... just say'in

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm not at all impressed with any of the model pics. Not much change in overall design (where's the ******* the beach?)... hope someone is playing a big joke on all of us.

Last I heard it was to be 660hp to 700hp. Please be 700hp...we don't want the ZR1 to be even close. DEATH TO THE ZR1

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last I heard it was to be 660hp to 700hp. Please be 700hp...we don't want the ZR1 to be even close. DEATH TO THE ZR1

I have to disagree with you on this one. Competition is good for consumers, it keeps prices down and capabilities high. I only agree with you on 700hp being better than 660hp although it's more important for the car to be able to transfer the power to the ground. As long as it outperforms the current car by a considerable margin and looks awesome that's all that matters.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
A lot of diecast cars are only faintly representative of the model they are depicting.

There's a lot of wiggle room, between these models, and the real thing.

Hey, turn one of those models over- Got a dual-clutch transmission? :)

Last edited:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems a bit too close to the GTS for me.
With the very front and very rear restyled by the Maserati crew - but I'm not saying that is bad. I laugh at the discussions about the Gen I-II headlights. What was wrong with those lamps was the crappy body fitment around them. The yes or no on the Gen V will really be about fit and finish. The World of car building has really changed - perfection is now expected. No more factory sanctioned kit cars are allowed into the club any longer.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was really hoping for something more extreme like the Volado Viper designs.
Me too. But I'll probably never be able to afford one anyway. I also hope for something around 800 hp. lol

One thing I do hope ist that the side scoop/vent area is not just in the metal like it is in the Charger.

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am kind of disappointed.... It looks so much like a Gen II, it seems a little boring and unoriginal. Sorry!

I was really hoping for something more extreme like the Volado Viper designs.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing the rear ending for the first time last night, I suddenly gave the Gen V a 2nd chance.

Things I had taken note of...
-The Clam shell hood is back, HOWEVER it is like I predicted. It's like the Mercedes SLR's hood, it doesn't come down the sides all the way but just enough.
-The rear window reminds me of the 2000 GTS/R concept
-The rear end is like a Gen II, BUT the tail lights reminds me of an Audi S5
-I'm still not 100% convinced on those headlights cause I've seen them before! They remind me of the SLS AMG or the Nissan GT-R.

--RS

I don't want to be cocky but it seems like SRT read both Jeep and Viper forums and took many of my suggestions. 2 or 3 years ago I was the only one harping on the clam shell issue. My recommendation to make it more practical was to follow the SLR's model. Same goes for the SRT8 Jeep, from the beginning I suggested a subtly aggressive hood and a higher price tag and sure enough. :D PS. I realize the probability that I am completely full of crap but couldn't resist

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope it's at least 2-3" wider than the widest Vette in the rear. The vette is just a sports car. The Viper is (supposed to be) an exotic. Exotics are low and wide.

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the finer details are being lost on the rear end. That tends to happen when you're looking at something 1/64th the size it actually is ;) Have faith people. If the previous generations looked exactly like their Hot Wheels counterparts, I doubt we'd even be here sharing our passions.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you on this one. Competition is good for consumers, it keeps prices down and capabilities high. I only agree with you on 700hp being better than 660hp although it's more important for the car to be able to transfer the power to the ground. As long as it outperforms the current car by a considerable margin and looks awesome that's all that matters.

Horsepower is really going to matter on this one, even though I don't consider the new Mustang a "sports car", 650 hp is going to be a game changer. The motor is built to handle much more, so with a basic pulley and tune 750 hp is probably very easy to achieve with the new Mustang. Even with it being heavier, it would probably pull away from a Gen V from 60 mph rolls if we only get 660 hp.

As a potential Gen V Viper buyer, I'm not ok with that.

Question is, how much input does Fiat have on the final hp figure....would they allow a Viper to out horsepower their top of the line front engine car like the 599 or similar F car?

Cheers,
George

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper