Tires/wheels for the 2013 Viper guesses

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts as to the size of the wheels and tires as well as the manufacturer that will be on the new Viper?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no idea on styles but I am going with 20x13 and 19x10 with the new Michelin Super Sports.

Bruce

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be 3 different wheel choices, the tires will be Pirelli and I'm not allowed to say the sizes.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am not a fan of big wheels on sports cars I think it will be 19/20s. I will be very disappointed if it's 20/20. One thing for certain, I'd like to see some 365's in the rear. The Viper always had steam rollers and it seems Corvette has gotten very close. Time to up the width!

As far as looks, I don't expect much. There have been ok Viper wheels but I've never seen a factory set I didn't immediately want to change out.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am not a fan of big wheels on sports cars I think it will be 19/20s. I will be very disappointed if it's 20/20. One thing for certain, I'd like to see some 365's in the rear. The Viper always had steam rollers and it seems Corvette has gotten very close. Time to up the width!

As far as looks, I don't expect much. There have been ok Viper wheels but I've never seen a factory set I didn't immediately want to change out.

5 spokes are HOT!

I would prefer the offsets to more aggressive, and less wheelgap...then I'll worry with wheel spoke designs :)

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Pirelli as well due to the parent company being Fiat.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
365s would be the most ridicouslously awesome thing SRT could do. Same size rear rollers as the Veyron would be very cool.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had to take a guess, I would say 295/30-19 front and 355/30-20 rears; guess only!

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the upcoming Mopar performance catalog. You guys can thank me later!

You must be registered for see images attach

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see wider fronts, the 10", while decent, was a limiting factor to the car's capability.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
365s would be the most ridicouslously awesome thing SRT could do. Same size rear rollers as the Veyron would be very cool.

Are you aware of the price of a set of replacement tires for a Veyron? How does $22K sound?

The tires will be Pirelli and probably 335 or 345 on rear. I would bet 19/20.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you aware of the price of a set of replacement tires for a Veyron? How does $22K sound?

The tires will be Pirelli and probably 335 or 345 on rear. I would bet 19/20.

That has ZERO to do with their size, and everything to do with their exclusivity and high speed rating.

For example, the Pirelli 375/20R21 is less than a standard sized rear Viper tire.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bingo. Veyron tires were specially formulated to not melt at such high speeds. Even then, you can only run it at top speed for a very short time before the structure begins to break down

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Pirelli as well due to the parent company being Fiat.
You may be right. but if true Tire Rack will do even a greater business with sale of Michelins new Sport tire. Watch the posts later about owners changing them out for more grip with Michelins even though Pirelli is a good tire too. I cannot imagine them putting anything bigger than 19s either on the car. Too blingy and less performance.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's right, Ralph said that Viper wears Pirellis now. The Viper that he drove in Targa Newfoundland wore Pirellis as well.

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the looks of it, 19's in back with 345/30's and 18's in front with 295/30's. Basically same sizes as the ACR. Great choices SRT, as it'll allow people to get R-compound tires for their stock-sized wheels.

Widths don't seem to be available yet but it'd be great if they found a way to sneak in some extra width, particularly in the front.

F

FrgMstr

At the presentation they specifically said 355 backs, 295 fronts.