Seize the moment....impromptu Viper Drive

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John and I hooked up for lunch and as neither one us had prior commitments fpr the afternoon, we headed for the hills. I wanted show John one of the driving routes that I had planned for an event last year but was rained out.
The weather is fabulous for this time of year ( in the 70's) and had me wishing I could go ******* in the GTS.
It was great to show John some roads less traveled that he didn't know existed.

We started the first leg of our journey going up Alum rock to Highway 130 up over the foothills.
I got to briefly chat with a San Jose Police office on the way up and then we ran into a little road construction after Grandview Inn that allowed me to chat with a California Highway Patrol Officer who asked me, "Now, you two aren't racing each other up here, are you?" To which I replied, " Of course not, we are just enjoying the twisties!" He nodded and we were on our way.

Grant_Ranch4.jpg

At Grant Ranch with Lick Observatory off in the distance.
Grant_Ranch.jpg

John is a happy camper today!
72HEMI.jpg

Heading up Quimby Road from Grant Ranch
going_up_quimby.jpg

At the top of Quimby looking down on San Jose from an elevation a little over 2000ft.
Overlooking_San_Jose.jpg

Instead of going all the way up Mount Hamilton to Lick Observatory we dropped back over on Quimby road to make our way over to San Felipe Road and out to Metcalf. This is a beautiful stretch of smooth winding road that is a dream to drive in a Viper. At this point we still had some time before we had to head back and went west on Bailey up and over to McKeen road. We took McKeen south around Chesburo Res and looped back North around Uves res. All together we drove about 100 miles of beautiful winding back roads to start a great weekend.

Last edited:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was such a great run! It was too beautiful of a day to waste inside or at work :)

bjammmin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Looks like a blast. I'm headed up to Skyline/Alice's for some cruising around today!

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben, your post count is way high! A pretty mean feat since you joined less than a year ago...... :)

Total Posts

Total Posts4,294,967,295

Posts Per Day14,266,668.89

Next time we will give you a shout before we head out.

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben, your post count is way high! A pretty mean feat since you joined less than a year ago...... :)

Total Posts

Total Posts4,294,967,295

Posts Per Day14,266,668.89

Next time we will give you a shout before we head out.
That is one hell of a post count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper