Slight smoke or vapor from drivers side sill please help with info

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok ran it about 40 mins and when I pull in and open drivers door all the way twords the front there looks like steam or ssmoke commin up between gapin top sill. Smelled it and doesn't smell it causes water droplets to form on plastic where it come up. Any thoughts?
Have a pic and video but can't upload it from iPhone.
Oh and it stops after about 3-4 min

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it causes water droplets to form, then it is just steam. You are very likely just boiling out trapped water from either washing the car or being out in the rain. I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a permanent issue, which is unlikely. All of the water overflow tubes (A/C drip line and engine coolant) are on the passenger side, as is the heater core. Driver's side, not much going on in terms of water.

OP
OP
P

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thx guys.
Thought it was water vapor bc it condensed to water in my door opening and it smelled like a stale steam. But anytime my car smokes I get scared of fire or something.
Think I was a lil more worried bc no more than a week ago I had smoke comming up from the other side that I could see while driving. Raced home thinking I was gonna need to hit it with water hose but apparently one of the plastic holders for the plug wires touched off on the headers