Thread: KWIKLIFT Closed

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Viper Owner

Default KWIKLIFT Closed

I've had a KWIKLIFT on order for almost 6 weeks and today I got a letter that they are closing and cannot fill my order. I'm pretty bummed out. I guess I'm lucky that I hadn't been charged for it yet. Now I have to start all over agin and fiqure out what would be the next best thing for me. Anyone know of a used one for sale?

Viper Owner

Default Re: KWIKLIFT Closed

Hey Max,, believe it or not,, check "Craigs list",, I bought 1 and found it there. good luck

Viper Owner

Get a midrise for a little more, you wont look back

Viper Owner

Thumbs up Re: KWIKLIFT Closed

Enthusiast

Jay...you do realize that the link you've listed shows a mid-rize that picks the car up by the floor?

I have a mid-rise from Greg Smith that'll lift about 50" and has arms that allow the pads to be placed where they belong.
    It's also moveable, plugs into 120v, and I park my daily driver over it.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M, PA View Post
    Jay...you do realize that the link you've listed shows a mid-rize that picks the car up by the floor?

I have a mid-rise from Greg Smith that'll lift about 50" and has arms that allow the pads to be placed where they belong.
    It's also moveable, plugs into 120v, and I park my daily driver over it.
    Do you know what the collapsed height is? Could a Viper drive over it?

Viper Owner

I believe they supply pucks ,if not you can use your own Pucks / pads to access the frame pick up points . Thus the floor pan will not be touched .

Viper Owner

Collapsed hieght is 4" ,1/2 " gap when parked , some people sink them 2 "to 4 "in the floor , or use a 2 x 12 to raise your car .

Viper Owner

I have an 8.5 foot ceiling and I got a MaxJax and am very happy with it. I use in inside for the Viper and outside for my truck and other taller cars,
    barely but it goes under my Viper. and store it in the corner when I am not using it, it's easy to set up and easier than getting out the jacks, blocks, and jack-stands I used to use.

Last edited by jwolf; 03-06-2012 at 12:19 PM.

VCA Member
    Central North Florida

That's too bad. I thought those Kwiklifts were nice units. A little pricey though.
    Chuck 98 RT/10
    BabelMotorsports.net
    SAFEMotorsports.com

Enthusiast

OPENRUP....in case you were asking about my lift...which is a TD6MR.

Lowered, it's about 5.5 - 5.75" total. I do have 2x12s on either side or the Viper doesn't clear. It lifts about 50" with several safety stop positions.

I bought this lift (as did friends who have a body shop) at the Greg Smith store in DE, and we've both been pleased. I use mine alot, and as mentioned before, park my
    daily driver over it.

It's also helpful that it can be moved fairly easily. The power unit with the hydraulics is sort of like a hand truck. It has a pin that engages a hole on the lift to roll the lift around...should you want to move it.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    I have an 8.5 foot ceiling and I got a MaxJax and am very happy with it. I use in inside for the Viper and outside for my truck and other taller cars,
    barely but it goes under my Viper. and store it in the corner when I am not using it, it's easy to set up and easier than getting out the jacks, blocks, and jack-stands I used to use.

Ok, that doesn't look safe outside with the truck. Do you have some kind of bolt system in your driveway or do you just hope the thing doesn't fall over?

Viper Owner

The lift is held down with 10 (5 on each side) 5 inch long x 7/8 flush mount anchors, ($15 each from Maxjax, $8 from Fastenal.) I just bought an extra set. The lift is very stable this was the first time I lifted the truck and it was set a little back heavy, now that I know where to center it's more level. Lift has a 6000 lb limit so the truck in no problem. One side makes a great Motorcycle lift.
    Last edited by jwolf; 03-07-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M, PA View Post
    OPENRUP....in case you were asking about my lift...which is a TD6MR.

Lowered, it's about 5.5 - 5.75" total. I do have 2x12s on either side or the Viper doesn't clear. It lifts about 50" with several safety stop positions.

I bought this lift (as did friends who have a body shop) at the Greg Smith store in DE, and we've both been pleased. I use mine alot, and as mentioned before, park my
    daily driver over it.

It's also helpful that it can be moved fairly easily. The power unit with the hydraulics is sort of like a hand truck. It has a pin that engages a hole on the lift to roll the lift around...should you want to move it.

Thanks for the info and picture Matt! You don't have a picture of the Viper up on it do you by chance?

Enthusiast

It's not a great pic....but here's one with the Viper.

And my Lincoln.....

Yep, sucks but those guys did not run a tight ship at all I'm sorry to say. I wanted one forever and finally found one used. I love it, I basically store my car on top of it b/c it is so easy to use. I like that it is mechanical and simple so nothing to fail, but I'm so paranoid I still put jackstands under all the bases lol. I'm having it re-powdercoated this summer the color I want, yellow was the only one I could find, yuck lol This was a picture I took the first time I got it setup and the car on it.

Viper Owner

[QUOTE=cfiiman;3048500]Yep, sucks but those guys did not run a tight ship at all I'm sorry to say. I wanted one forever and finally found one used. I love it, I basically store my car on top of it b/c it is so easy to use. I like that it is mechanical and simple so nothing to fail, but I'm so paranoid I still put jackstands under all the bases lol. I'm having it re-powdercoated this summer the color I want, yellow was the only one I could find, yuck lol This was a picture I took the first time I got it setup and the car on it.

Looks good! I've called on every ad that is within 12 hours of me and they are all sold. Hopefully one will come up for sale soon.

Brent

I didn't think about this but I wonder if their used value will go up since they are closed

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by cfiiman View Post
    I didn't think about this but I wonder if their used value will go up since they are closed
    What about servicing these units? Who has spare parts?

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

I hate to see any firm close. I can;t asy I'm shocked about KwikLift, though. I though there were incredibly overpriced for what they were.

VCA Member
    Virginia / Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by CEJ View Post
    What about servicing these units? Who has spare parts?
    There are no serviceable parts. Just steel plates and a manual slide pin. I had one of these and sold it fairly quickly, more trouble than it was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar Steve View Post
    There are no serviceable parts. Just steel plates and a manual slide pin. I had one of these and sold it fairly quickly, more trouble than it was worth.
    I whole-heartily disagree sir

Viper Owner

I filed a complaint with BBB against Complete Hydraulics because they took my money for six weeks and did not deliver a lift I ordered. Just fyi

VCA Member
    Virginia / Maryland

I whole-heartily disagree sir
    Disagree with what part? Non serviceability or just being overpriced long steel ramps? I know not everyone has the room for a full size lift, but these are (were) very expensive for the practicality. Sadly the market agreed such that they are no longer fighting the battle.

VCA Member
    Virginia / Maryland

Also to this manufacturers dismay, this is more press than they ever got while in business!

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar Steve View Post
    Disagree with what part? Non serviceability or just being overpriced long steel ramps? I know not everyone has the room for a full size lift, but these are (were) very expensive for the practicality. Sadly the market agreed such that they are no longer fighting the battle.
    The part where you said it was more trouble then it was worth, that's all. I'm in agreement they were overpriced and I would never have bought one new, but you can find a used one if you look a while for <900 that is a great deal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by happy56 View Post
    I filed a complaint with BBB against Complete Hydraulics because they took my money for six weeks and did not deliver a lift I ordered. Just fyi
    Hey Happy, did you ever get your hood polished out to match AJ's square he did lol

Viper Owner

nope too busy, but it will be on the market shortly as I am looking for black or dark blue 96-02 gts coupe. Cash is ready if you know one around. Momma sees no humor in the open car.

Viper Owner

you want to finish the detailing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast