KWIKLIFT Closed

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a KWIKLIFT on order for almost 6 weeks and today I got a letter that they are closing and cannot fill my order. I'm pretty bummed out. I guess I'm lucky that I hadn't been charged for it yet. Now I have to start all over agin and fiqure out what would be the next best thing for me. Anyone know of a used one for sale?

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get a midrise for a little more, you wont look back

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay...you do realize that the link you've listed shows a mid-rize that picks the car up by the floor?

I have a mid-rise from Greg Smith that'll lift about 50" and has arms that allow the pads to be placed where they belong.
It's also moveable, plugs into 120v, and I park my daily driver over it.

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay...you do realize that the link you've listed shows a mid-rize that picks the car up by the floor?

I have a mid-rise from Greg Smith that'll lift about 50" and has arms that allow the pads to be placed where they belong.
It's also moveable, plugs into 120v, and I park my daily driver over it.

Do you know what the collapsed height is? Could a Viper drive over it?

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they supply pucks ,if not you can use your own Pucks / pads to access the frame pick up points . Thus the floor pan will not be touched .

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Collapsed hieght is 4" ,1/2 " gap when parked , some people sink them 2 "to 4 "in the floor , or use a 2 x 12 to raise your car .

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 8.5 foot ceiling and I got a MaxJax and am very happy with it. I use in inside for the Viper and outside for my truck and other taller cars,
barely but it goes under my Viper. and store it in the corner when I am not using it, it's easy to set up and easier than getting out the jacks, blocks, and jack-stands I used to use.

http://youtu.be/U26v49-F4kc

http://youtu.be/aWst69bz624

Last edited:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OPENRUP....in case you were asking about my lift...which is a TD6MR.

Lowered, it's about 5.5 - 5.75" total. I do have 2x12s on either side or the Viper doesn't clear. It lifts about 50" with several safety stop positions.

I bought this lift (as did friends who have a body shop) at the Greg Smith store in DE, and we've both been pleased. I use mine alot, and as mentioned before, park my
daily driver over it.

It's also helpful that it can be moved fairly easily. The power unit with the hydraulics is sort of like a hand truck. It has a pin that engages a hole on the lift to roll the lift around...should you want to move it.

You must be registered for see images attach

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 8.5 foot ceiling and I got a MaxJax and am very happy with it. I use in inside for the Viper and outside for my truck and other taller cars,
barely but it goes under my Viper. and store it in the corner when I am not using it, it's easy to set up and easier than getting out the jacks, blocks, and jack-stands I used to use.

http://youtu.be/U26v49-F4kc

http://youtu.be/aWst69bz624

Ok, that doesn't look safe outside with the truck. Do you have some kind of bolt system in your driveway or do you just hope the thing doesn't fall over?

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lift is held down with 10 (5 on each side) 5 inch long x 7/8 flush mount anchors, ($15 each from Maxjax, $8 from Fastenal.) I just bought an extra set. The lift is very stable this was the first time I lifted the truck and it was set a little back heavy, now that I know where to center it's more level. Lift has a 6000 lb limit so the truck in no problem. One side makes a great Motorcycle lift.

Last edited:

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OPENRUP....in case you were asking about my lift...which is a TD6MR.

Lowered, it's about 5.5 - 5.75" total. I do have 2x12s on either side or the Viper doesn't clear. It lifts about 50" with several safety stop positions.

I bought this lift (as did friends who have a body shop) at the Greg Smith store in DE, and we've both been pleased. I use mine alot, and as mentioned before, park my
daily driver over it.

It's also helpful that it can be moved fairly easily. The power unit with the hydraulics is sort of like a hand truck. It has a pin that engages a hole on the lift to roll the lift around...should you want to move it.

Thanks for the info and picture Matt! You don't have a picture of the Viper up on it do you by chance?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a great pic....but here's one with the Viper.

And my Lincoln.....

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, ***** but those guys did not run a tight ship at all I'm sorry to say. I wanted one forever and finally found one used. I love it, I basically store my car on top of it b/c it is so easy to use. I like that it is mechanical and simple so nothing to fail, but I'm so paranoid I still put jackstands under all the bases lol. I'm having it re-powdercoated this summer the color I want, yellow was the only one I could find, yuck lol :D This was a picture I took the first time I got it setup and the car on it.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
M

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, ***** but those guys did not run a tight ship at all I'm sorry to say. I wanted one forever and finally found one used. I love it, I basically store my car on top of it b/c it is so easy to use. I like that it is mechanical and simple so nothing to fail, but I'm so paranoid I still put jackstands under all the bases lol. I'm having it re-powdercoated this summer the color I want, yellow was the only one I could find, yuck lol :D This was a picture I took the first time I got it setup and the car on it.

Looks good! I've called on every ad that is within 12 hours of me and they are all sold. Hopefully one will come up for sale soon.

Brent

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to see any firm close. I can;t asy I'm shocked about KwikLift, though. I though there were incredibly overpriced for what they were.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about servicing these units? Who has spare parts?

There are no serviceable parts. Just steel plates and a manual slide pin. I had one of these and sold it fairly quickly, more trouble than it was worth.

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I filed a complaint with BBB against Complete Hydraulics because they took my money for six weeks and did not deliver a lift I ordered. Just fyi

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I whole-heartily disagree sir

Disagree with what part? Non serviceability or just being overpriced long steel ramps? I know not everyone has the room for a full size lift, but these are (were) very expensive for the practicality. Sadly the market agreed such that they are no longer fighting the battle.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Disagree with what part? Non serviceability or just being overpriced long steel ramps? I know not everyone has the room for a full size lift, but these are (were) very expensive for the practicality. Sadly the market agreed such that they are no longer fighting the battle.

The part where you said it was more trouble then it was worth, that's all. I'm in agreement they were overpriced and I would never have bought one new, but you can find a used one if you look a while for <900 that is a great deal IMO.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I filed a complaint with BBB against Complete Hydraulics because they took my money for six weeks and did not deliver a lift I ordered. Just fyi

Hey Happy, did you ever get your hood polished out to match AJ's square he did lol :D

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope too busy, but it will be on the market shortly as I am looking for black or dark blue 96-02 gts coupe. Cash is ready if you know one around. Momma sees no humor in the open car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper