Official College Park Tuning Spring Charity Meet 2012 at Bowie Baysox Stadium 4/29/12

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

2012 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity
hosted by College Park Tuning

• • Thousands of different cars
    • Dyno pulls
    • Live DJ
    • 50/50 Raffle
    • Raffle Prizes
We will be asking for 1 non-perishable food item per person and $1.00 entry fee. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, we will collect a $2.00 entrance fee/donation on your way into the lot. All the proceeds collected from admission, and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (http://www.marthastable.org).

*Almost 2000 parking spots
Directions to Bowie Baysox Layout of the meet
*Expect heavy traffic, we are sorry for this inconvenience and will be trying to move people in/out of the meet as quickly as possible*

Date
Sunday, April 29th, 2012

Time
Noon, 12:00 pm.
We usually start packing things up at 6pm

Food
Food will be served by the Baysox stadium staff. It will be typical grill food (burgers/hotdogs).

Dyno
• $80 for 2 - 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout. FWD or RWD only
• If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to [email protected] or follow this Dyno Signup. We are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.

Reserving Space
The people have spoken and if you want to reserve space for your club or group you need to contact us ASAP and give us an accurate head count by April 22nd. We require the entrance fee of $3 per car paid in advance when reserving spaces, but we ensure that clubs get a set amount of spaces together and we will give those clubs priority admittance.

Basic Rules
1. Be respectful of other peoples cars. Please do not touch a persons car without their consent
2. No alcohol
3. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
4. Chairs are permitted everywhere but no taking up parking spaces with them
5. No saving spaces (group or forum contacts us before hand at [email protected] if you would like to organize rolling in as a group and have a select number of spots reserved)
6. No burnouts or anything stupid. Police will be at the event and cameras are rolling 24/7 at Bowie

FAQ thread
FAQ Thread

If any shops want to sponsor this event and have space just email us @ [email protected]

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Official College Park Tuning Spring Charity Meet 2012 at Bowie Baysox Stadium 4/2

Guys, I was president of this club a few years ago when it was really big. As you may remember, it was cancelled last year due to some poor planning. I refused to promote that event because I saw that it was going to be a train wreck.

This year has been planned much better. The show will happen rain or shine and should be pretty good.

John - hope it's ok to post this without contacting you first.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Official College Park Tuning Spring Charity Meet 2012 at Bowie Baysox Stadium 4/2

John...lets see what kind of interest we can strum up, and maybe get a Viper specific parking area, since all the local Vipers that would know/attend this show are on th VCA anyways!

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm there (as long as the wife let's me go...).

Just kidding!

No, I'm not...

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Count me in.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL Brian. Making married life look appealing.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Even though my VIPER is up for sale I will promote the **** out of this event bc I'm a TERP & this was my first VIPER event back in the day.... It will be a very good cause for the car community bc they are young and beyond.... Most likey bring my RRS to this event since I have interest in my for sale ad but it will still promote the community and the VIPER Brand.... I miss my VIPER community and my CP car club....

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks, GTLaser. What is your RRS?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I attended this event several times when John was running it and always had a great time.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Even though my VIPER is up for sale I will promote the **** out of this event bc I'm a TERP & this was my first VIPER event back in the day.... It will be a very good cause for the car community bc they are young and beyond.... Most likey bring my RRS to this event since I have interest in my for sale ad but it will still promote the community and the VIPER Brand.... I miss my VIPER community and my CP car club....

When did you graduate? Class of '02 baby....Nat'l Champs!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Given the positive response and that we may actually be able to drum a presense, who wants to take the lead to see if we can get parking together if possible?

I will go ahead and add this event to our calendar.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks John. I'll take care of reserving spaces etc. I'll start a list here and also ask around at events to see if we can get a good idea of attendees.

Attending so far:

1. SlayerLS1
2. Dadood ?
3. cposk
4. GTLaser

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks John. I'll take care of reserving spaces etc. I'll start a list here and also ask around at events to see if we can get a good idea of attendees.

Attending so far:

1. SlayerLS1
2. Dadood ?
3. cposk
4. GTLaser

Yo...Hoss....count me in

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since its right down the street from my house, I might as well join you guys, count me in too!!!!!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just spoke to DaDood...he's in too John

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll send a blast out to the club about the event. PM me your email address so that I can have the members who don't use the forum at least email you an RSVP.

Thanks for handling.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great!

Attending so far:

1. SlayerLS1
2. Dadood
3. cposk
4. GTLaser
5. AbsolutHank
6. unreelviper

ViperJohn said:
I'll send a blast out to the club about the event. PM me your email address so that I can have the members who don't use the forum at least email you an RSVP.

Thanks for handling.

No problem! PM Sent.

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I will try and make it out to the event as well. Just put it on my calendar.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sent an email blast to members. Hope we can get a good response for this event.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like a couple of us from Delaware will be attending as well. Should we plan to meet somewhere outside the event and arrive together so it will be easier to park together? And what time should be good?

Does anyone have an exact address to program into my GPS?

Looks like it should be a great event!

Copy and pasted my name on the list:
Attending so far:

1. SlayerLS1
2. Dadood
3. cposk
4. GTLaser
5. AbsolutHank
6. unreelviper
7. Steve Gray (Mopar Steve)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds great Steve!

I think meeting up outside would be a good idea, although John will have a better feel on it.

The address is as follows:

Bowie Baysox Stadium
4101 Crain Highway
Bowie, MD 20716

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like a couple of us from Delaware will be attending as well. Should we plan to meet somewhere outside the event and arrive together so it will be easier to park together? And what time should be good?

Does anyone have an exact address to program into my GPS?

Looks like it should be a great event!

Copy and pasted my name on the list:
Attending so far:

1. SlayerLS1
2. Dadood
3. cposk
4. GTLaser
5. AbsolutHank
6. unreelviper

I think it's a good idea to have a place to meet up before hand so we can all roll in together. As the event gets closer, I will have a better idea of how early we need to be to avoid getting stuck in traffic on the way in. If possible, I will figure out a way to get us in there before it is open to the public.

Sounds great Steve!

I think meeting up outside would be a good idea, although John will have a better feel on it.

The address is as follows:

Bowie Baysox Stadium
4101 Crain Highway
Bowie, MD 20716

Thanks mang.

Damn, that *****. Guess I'll take him off the list. :(

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Updated list:

1. SlayerLS1
2. Dadood
3. aries?
4. GTLaser
5. AbsolutHank
6. unreelviper

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I WILL be there. How do I get whoever the $3 paid in advance?

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah it *****. My front right frame rail collapsed. Not 100% sure what is going to happen to the car yet, but I don't think it will be there.:(:mad::( I will be there though.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Provided my car is back in time, definatley count me in!!!!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Provided my car is back in time, definatley count me in!!!!

Joe, what are you having done now? Are you strapping a Pratt & Whitney to it?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah it *****. My front right frame rail collapsed. Not 100% sure what is going to happen to the car yet, but I don't think it will be there.:(:mad::( I will be there though.

I only saw the post due to the link from this thread. I already posted over on the other thread. Let me know if you need anything. Glad no one was hurt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper