Picked Up My Dream Snake

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to formally introduce myself now that I'm in the VCA. :D

First, I'd like to thank the club for all their help and advice. FLATOUT/Andy, Jon B, and 351Carlo were all a big help. EXTRA big thank you to AbsolutHank/Ryan and KNG SNKE/John. Ryan helped me realize a Viper was a lot better for me than a C6 Z06, and KNG SNKE did a lot of legwork helping me actually find a car. John also took a day of his time to check out a used Viper for a complete stranger. Really appreciate it.

So here's the story. I've had a Gen I on my wall since 1993 and I've loved them ever since. I grew up and decided I was a chevy guy and that my dream Viper was just that - an impractical dream. So I worked toward a C6 Z06. Ryan let me have a ride in his car and really helped me with my decision. After experiencing a Viper firsthand, I knew a C6 Z06 just wasn't exciting enough for me.

I started my Viper search this winter and with the help of the VCA I contacted lots of sellers who were very firm on their price....no one would budge. But after a million phone calls I found a guy who didn't seem to be too concerned with the actual selling price as he was with who the buyer was. We talked awhile and I made him an offer I would describe as the lowest end of fair. Surprisingly, he accepted. So KNG SNKE/John took a look at the car and described it as almost perfect. I was sold.

Here it is with my buddy's Mach 1. It's 2003. I bought the car with 2,700 miles. Basically new!

You must be registered for see images

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase...I too had to decide between a C6ZO6 and a Viper a couple months ago. I've enjoyed the power of an LSx platform for many years (sold my '02 Camaro to help offset the cost of the Viper), but the Viper was always a dream of mine.

Any plans for it, or are you just going to keep it stock?

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First strike shift knob, full belanger exhaust with cats, and K&N were ordered today. :)

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...Nice Car, Congrats :headbang: way to go Ryan for convincing him that a Viper was what he really wanted

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome car and Congratz!
Big thanks to John and Ryan for precluding a near tragedy by steering him down the fun road! :)

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. I bet your buddy gets his own Viper soon after seeing those two side by side. lol

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! Look forward to meeting you all in person at VOI.

I pulled up to a light next to a vette last week and thought to myself, "Yep, I made the right decision." :)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man I can't believe I missed this thread! CONGRATS!!!

Very, very similar to my original purchase, and in my opinion the most fun and mod friendly Viper out there. I don't keep my cars very long usually but I've had this car for 3 years already and still love it.

Andy Wheeler

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcome guys!

Man I can't believe I missed this thread! CONGRATS!!!

Very, very similar to my original purchase, and in my opinion the most fun and mod friendly Viper out there. I don't keep my cars very long usually but I've had this car for 3 years already and still love it.

Andy Wheeler

Andy - it's all your fault. You and Ryan. Can't wipe the smile off my face.

Congrats also on joining the VA/MD VCA -- great Club in your area!!!!!

Thanks Bill! Really appreciate all your help with my Viper search.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth