Typical Clutch Life?

SeaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a 2nd generation Viper (GTS), whats the "typical" life of the clutch? I know driving style and road profile has tons to do with it. But lets say this is A typical adult driven car, not raced. not seeing a lot of miles in traffic congestion. Thanks.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's tough, because it's ALL about how you drive/power level. If I had to put a number, I've heard anywhere from 50ishK to well over 100k. I think it's better to say that the stock clutch is sturdy, and will handle a lot thrown at it. I bet you'll get a number of replies from owners who have never even changed theirs.

Last edited:

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should last a long time, I'd say 50k if you dont ride the clutch on hills at a stop (I do sometimes:) ) Also its good if you dont give much gas at take offs. I usually get my car rolling without increasing revs, I just lift the clutch pedal at idle speed of the motor in stop and go traffic. But I do allow myself to ride it hot once in a while- burning it in the 3rd gear ;). 4 years and 35K in, and mine still feels like new. The car had 50k when I got it 4 years ago and required a new clutch.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
iv seen a clutch last 5 minutes and iv seen one last 180k, does not matter how much hp you have,(street car).... if driven normal- long long time

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
changed mine at 11K miles cause i had a leak and was going to be in there anyways, figured it was easy enough to replace. the clutch looked perfect.

( plenty of street races in mexico and 800+ rwhp here on OEM style luk clutch from ebay)

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Replaced mine with 8K (slipping) on clock added SC at 10K replacement from Parts Rack still going strong at 31K.. Like said above it's all about how the car is driven and how much it feathered/slipped.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth