Aquamist water **** injection system

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years I've run Aquamist water injection (with ****) on my Roe Supercharged '97 Viper (9.8 sec 1/4 on DOT radials and 205 mph standing mile) street car. There's also 3 other SC Viper members in the UK with the Aquamist systems. I found when tuning it on the dyno, the boosted Viper engines really did well with the water, especially on the twin-screw set up with no efficient inter-cooling means. I ran it to almost put the spark out!! The real benefit is with inter-cylinder cooling / anti detonation benefits, but I also saw intake temps drop as much as 80 deg C with the water when measuring on the dyno. With these results I'm able to warm the engine up to temperature pre race run, and then cool with Aquamist on a manual selection function Aquamist developed for me. Anyway, they've just come out with a new updated system, as always looks pretty good, so I thought I post a link up here for those interested in this kind of stuff:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2158

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine, am I reading correctly that you've used your system to cool the intake prior to staging, but NOT sprayed during the actual run? Basically using a "purge" switch or similar manual spray switch?

I've got a turbo car with a fully boost-referenced MeOH system (AlkyControl), but it's tuned for it. Now I'm considering adding a methanol/water system to another (blown) car purely to manage heat soak at the drags... just a simple, manual spray to cool off the intake, maybe both after a run and before the next run. Thoughts?

I highly recommend a quality **** system for anyone using forced induction. Multiple benefits include serious reduction in IATs and effective octane increase...

Rich

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes to manage heat soak, purged pre staging, using a varible control switch mounted within reach, you need it varible as on tick over rpm you dont want to flood it, you can hear it start to try to stumble if you spray too much as it cools, also it gets richer with the ****, and the PCM will start to try to trim it back after a while! I then let the Aquamist system active mapping manage the spray during the run.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a high cr N/A engine (say 14:1) would you be able to run 92 pump gas with the w/m system?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper