Best Service manual and literature for new Viper owner??

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since this is my first Viper and want to do things right the first time, I was wondering which service manual to get. Also are there any other good books about Vipers???

Jeff

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get the main "Service Manual", it's the big thick one. You'll know it because it's the one around $50-100. But, most of the time you can get the other body/powertrain ones for cheap along with it. The Viper Buyer's Guide is also good. If you didn't get a user's manual with your car go ahead and pick up one of those too.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the "Service Manual"?

Just go to eBay and type in Viper Service Manual and the year of your Viper. You want the one that just says service manual and not the ones that have "Diagnostic" in their title, although you certainly can buy those in addition to the basic manual.(I didn't) It is indispensable for a DIYer.

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just go to eBay and type in Viper Service Manual and the year of your Viper. You want the one that just says service manual and not the ones that have "Diagnostic" in their title, although you certainly can buy those in addition to the basic manual.(I didn't) It is indispensable for a DIYer.

what he said, it's where i got mine.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the Official Dodge Site...called "Tech Authority"

https://www.techauthority.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx

I would also add that THIS SITE has taught many of us TONS about our Vipers that we would not have found anywhere else. There are real experts here from from industry such as Dodge engineers, assembly plant Viper- builders, Viper Techs, aftermarket innovators and suppliers, and racers here.

While there are many, many advantages to joining the VCA, one of the major ones is having the ability to read several other areas on this site that are not open to non-VCA folks. These areas include "Illustrated Upgrades" (a great step-by-step area), "SRT Engineering Q/A Section", and the "The Grail Trail".

Best of luck with your new Viper !!!

Last edited:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TechAuthority is the place to go. Get the training materials...and the service manual. I have a full set for my car and find them to be very informative and worth the money if you DIY.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave