Just bought my Viper

rut0292

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've wanted a Viper since I attended my first car show when I was 5 or 6. Now it has been less than 20 years, and I drove mine out the showroom this past Friday. I traded in our 2004 MR2 Spyder and it is probably the best purchase I have ever made. It is my present from my wife and to myself for my promotion (two weeks), birthday (7 months), deployment (8 months), and Christmas all in one.

Pictures do not give the paint justice, but here it is (dirty during the 12 hour drive home):

2006 Crystal Slate Pearlcoat

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for looking,

-Aaron

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats.... Now just wait till you wake up in the middle of the night and go out to the garage just to make sure it wasnt a dream. LOL. Weve owned ours for almost 3 years and I still go out to look at how **** the car is. Welcome to the VCA:headbang:

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats. Good call on the slate grey. I don't know the exact numbers, but there were very few made in that color. It was first on my list when I was shopping but they are very hard to come by. I also had a 12 hour drive home when I purchased my viper. Its a long time, but I bet you were grinning the entire time.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't figured out why your face hurts yet, don't worry, it's not a medical condition. I think every viper owner gets that. It comes from the constant smiling when your in the car 12 hours! wow! -ouch.

OP
OP
R

rut0292

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

In response to the few questions:

Yes; I was smiling the whole time while constantly getting thumbs up and nods.

The color is unique. I feel it blends into our driveway perfectly (more pics tomorrow after I wash it). If what I read is correct, the Crystal Slate Pearlcoat was a 2006 only color. Since the 2006s were carried over for the 2007 year, it was extended. I want to say I saw the number 117 for convertibles and like 28 for coupes...

We had to stop several times, mostly for gas lol...without cruise it was difficult getting that perfect throttle control to stay under 80. About halfway home, I was able to get the seat and the pedals perfectly set for me.

Palmer had six in the showroom. Three 2nd gens, two 3rd gens, and one 4th gen. (Thought it would be a good idea to say that the few people that helped with my purchase were awesome. Some others could rinse their mouth out with buckshot.../rant)

My brother may be getting the Blue/White GTS. He made the mistake of not taking me serious..."If you buy one, I will buy one." Just more motivation lol.

Thanks again everyone for the comments and compliments.

-Aaron

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Aaron! ! !
It's a perfect twin to mine... 'verts with no stripes and h-spokes were down around 24 made and I've seen pics of at least one wrecked.

If it still has run flat tires change them as soon as you can- search the boards here for more on that.

And join the club!:D you're going to love the car either way, but you'll know more about it and meet good people here.

Cheers!

Ed

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Family. Beautiful car and great color. As others have said, get used to going out to the garage to just look at it. I never get tired of looking at her anytime I am in the garage. Once again, welcome aboard.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome, and congrats. Two years with mine now, and still loving every minute of it. If you haven't done it already, change out those runflats to Michelin Pilot Super Sports, which are the next evolution of the PS2.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome - great color. Before you change the runflats you have a civic duty to destroy them so no one else can use them - I'd find a parking lot and have some donuts........

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful car -- I think I might have been looking at that one at Palmer because I love the color. Is that the one with the aftermarket rectangular stereo installed?

Bryan

OP
OP
R

rut0292

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It had a brand new set of PS2 installed prior to my purchase.

In regards to me joining the VCA, it is only a matter of time. I would like to attend VOI, but between my upcoming deployment (Afghanistan in October), I may not be able to break away...

Bryan, yes it is. It was a side perk, along with the short shift. Palmer didn't provide much information on the accessories, and I just wanted the car lol.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome car, Aaron, enjoy, and thank you for your service to our country!!! : )

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It had a brand new set of PS2 installed prior to my purchase.....my upcoming deployment (Afghanistan in October), I may not be able to break away...

Awesome on the PS2's - I'd still burn them off befor you go on deployment. When you come back they will be all hard and greasy, you'll want the new Super Sports anyhow.

Lots of military on the board - Semper Fi!