VOI Registration $?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hola,

Tried searching but it took too long to find the answer: Can someone please provide a rough estimate on what it costs per person to register for VOI and does this cost include hotel, food, etc.? In performing math, I would guess $1K but not sure how lodging, etc. fit into the equation - want to get a general idea before having the discussion with SWMBO this weekend.

Thanks!

V

Venomiss

Kurt Robinson your president can answer your questions directly this weekend and their will be others who have attended past VOI's
you can ask too.

In the past the registration for VOI's in years past have run up to the $900 range. The hotel rooms are not included.
You can do a search first of the past VOI's and find out what they are all about.
The last one was in Salt Lake City Utah and that was the first one the VCA managed with flying colors.
Dodge gave each attendee a sneak peak at that VOi at the Gen V which was fantastic for all members.
Each VOI is a bit different and unique.

If you have questions please write directly to [email protected] or call 1-800-677-4321.

Hola,

Tried searching but it took too long to find the answer: Can someone please provide a rough estimate on what it costs per person to register for VOI and does this cost include hotel, food, etc.? In performing math, I would guess $1K but not sure how lodging, etc. fit into the equation - want to get a general idea before having the discussion with SWMBO this weekend.

Thanks!

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! Also helps with the calculations when it comes to whether the car will be shipped or not. Any idea on what will happen if a buddy wants to tag-along? He's interested in Vipers and possibly wants to see what the VOI hub-bub is about...

Won't be seeing Kurt this weekend and I have no intention of asking him anything in-person when I see him in Austin in 1.1 weeks as he's way too intimidating...I mean, geez, did you see his photo in the Nov/Dec mag...at first glance I thought I was looking at a GQ...:cool:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usual VOI's offer a package of meals, drinks, parties, track events, cruises, tours, parking, security, speakers, tech seminars, memorabilia shopping, etc.

Last event in Utah, they provided two hotel options, a fancy one and a budget one. There is always the option of going on your own for rooms, but the recommended ones are usually well located, and have good communications with the event.

Members can bring guests, no problem. They just need to purchase a complete package to allow for insurance coverage at events etc.

VCA members usually get priority early registration, with later availability to non member Viper owners.

Each VOI is unique, and these items may or may not be available this year, but every one I have been to has been a HOOT!

The club tries to keep regional clubs together, as there are usually two groups, one going to track events one day and the driving tour the next.

While the events is usually pretty jam packed with events, there is usually available free time for those who wish to do their own thing.

Club tries to arrange a discounted package price for those who wish to ship their cars to the event and back (or just one way) with quality shippers who use enclosed transports.

Traditionally a goody bag is included for each paid attendee, which often contain unique memorabilia, available only to attendees. These often become prize possessions or show up on ebay a few days later : >)

SRT and Chrysler big wigs are often seen at these events, taking the pulse of the Viper faithful. Even got the chance to speak with Chrysler President Gilles last year, shake his hand and get a photo. (Pretty cool)

Every VOI is a little different, and there is no guarantee that all these items will be the same this year.

Usually a custom, pretty neat, VOI invitation is sent to members. It usually alludes to the theme of the event, and unveils custom logos that usually appear around the happenings.

Additional info is usually posted on this forum, and lively discussions ensue.

Many convoys are usually developed so larger groups of Viper Owners can slither together to the event. These are alway great additions to the experience, and allow for a total Viper emersion leading up to arriving at the host hotel registration.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been to VOI 10 and 11, so sad I missed 9....I shoulda known better! VOI is an amazing experience, I'm guessing this VOI will cost around the same at VOI 11, and as others have said, so worth every penny.

Regards,
Aaron

V

Venomiss

Great, thanks! I had no idea that non-VCA could attend the VOI...oh well, at least I met some cool local cats and got a nifty calculator for my coinage :2tu:

Usually the cost in the past for those who were not VCA members to attend was an extra $150 + per person and guessing that will be the case again this time around.:)

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually the cost in the past for those who were not VCA members to attend was an extra $150 + per person and guessing that will be the case again this time around.:)

An extra $150 per person? Did anyone actually do that? Obviously, joining the VCA would have been cheaper than paying an extra $150. I guess that's the philosophy behind it.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An extra $150 per person? Did anyone actually do that? Obviously, joining the VCA would have been cheaper than paying an extra $150. I guess that's the philosophy behind it.

I think that's more for someone who wanted to bring a non-VCA member guest. For Example, if I wanted to bring my father, he is not a VCA member, and doesn't own a Viper so he cannot become a VCA member. His Ticket would be Cost + $150 to cover extra insurance, etc...

:usa: Nick :usa:

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly VOI 11 was around $700 per person and worth every penny :headbang:

Ouch. I can afford that, but it will hurt. I assume the extra person you can add to your VCA membership is just for nametags and will still cost an extra 150?

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, so i have to pay $1400 for me and my wife? guess she'd stay home then. LOL

Do not leave Wifey at home. It is an experience to remember. This includes some very nice dinners and lunches for two. Being able to drive your car if you take it, or one provided around a race course plus lots more. When you take the meals out of the equation (you gotta eat right), you will be out a grand or less and left with a Viper experience that you will never forget.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI is worth every penny and then some. It does seem like a lot but it is well worth it. Of the three I went to (VOI 9, 10, 11) VOI 11 was by far the best one yet. Coincidently it was also the first one that was put on by the VCA and it was the cheapest one to attend as far as registration goes. I cannot wait for Charlotte. The chance to get together with all the Viper faithful and celebrate our passion for this thing we call the Viper is just awesome. Plus...there will hopefully be some GEN V Vipers there for us to experience. Just a very exciting time to be a member of this club and a Viper owner in general.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not leave Wifey at home. It is an experience to remember. This includes some very nice dinners and lunches for two. Being able to drive your car if you take it, or one provided around a race course plus lots more. When you take the meals out of the equation (you gotta eat right), you will be out a grand or less and left with a Viper experience that you will never forget.

Ya well shes not really into it all that much, she don't drive the car, and she doesn't eat much either. Vegartian and weights like 100lbs, when we go out to dinner now her portion is usually only $5-8.. i'm the one that brings on the huge tab.. lol

either way, we'll see when everything is announced. i would like her to go. I'm in for sure!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the thought of Vipers, thundering down the drag strip, FOUR abreast is worth the trip.

Where else can you run the Drag Strip, Autocross, Road Course, and slither around the country side with your Viper Brethren.

Meet with Chrysler and SRT Executives, and dine with hundreds and hundreds of Viper Faithful.

These events are EPIC !

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be my first VOI so I can only go off what I have heard about previous years and their registration. For me (and I believe for many others) it would make sense to offer a couples package. I don't need 2 goody bags and my wife doesn't do any of the driving activities, just rides shot gun, so it doesn't make sense for us to have to pay for 2 full registration fees. Most events I have been to in the past the registration cost covers 2 people and if the second person wants to take part in the extra activities they can pay extra to do so.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be my first VOI so I can only go off what I have heard about previous years and their registration. For me (and I believe for many others) it would make sense to offer a couples package. I don't need 2 goody bags and my wife doesn't do any of the driving activities, just rides shot gun, so it doesn't make sense for us to have to pay for 2 full registration fees. Most events I have been to in the past the registration cost covers 2 people and if the second person wants to take part in the extra activities they can pay extra to do so.

exactly! other car conventions i have done do something like that.

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all that responded!

No way SWMBO will attend any VOI things if it's gonna cost $850 (700 + 150). We may have the non-Viper folks stay at Great Wolf and then I will particpate in the VOI stuff. Might end up costing extra $ since she'll potentially be unsupervised during the day but who knows...:dunno:

Buddy will probably be hard-pressed to come at 850, as well, but I'll confirm with him later this week.

If it's only an extra 150 for non-vca I could see why someone would not be VCA and then attend VOI. I am glad I joined VCA as I have met some great guys down here with Vipers but sometimes the silly drama is a turn-off.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when can we expect to know the details of registration for VOI 12? It is roughly 6 months away and we need to start planning accordingly, registration and hotel cost could impact whether or not some of us attend.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The registration site is being updated and registration may open as early as this week. The board held a conference call last Wed discussing the status of VOI and contracts have been signed, all systems are "GO!". Registration will be more than a $1, that much I do know. :D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The registration site is being updated and registration may open as early as this week. The board held a conference call last Wed discussing the status of VOI and contracts have been signed, all systems are "GO!". Registration will be more than a $1, that much I do know. :D

:headbang:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that typically Venom members get a discount on registration, what has that discount typically been in the past?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that typically Venom members get a discount on registration, what has that discount typically been in the past?

I hope this is the case or least some kind of perk for us Venom members. BTW, it looks like registration will most likely open up after the GenV unveil next week. Expect a flurry of details, activity around VOI then.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to go to this event, but I find it ridiculous I have to pay another $700 or so for my girlfriend to come along. She can't even drive my Viper. I would be cool with paying maybe 1/2 the cost of a full ticket for my girlfriend to tag along. I hope there is an option to bring a guest at a discount price.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456