Wish List

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this part the Forum seems to be pretty quiet I thought I would pose a question to drum up conversation... If you could have one thing included on the new Gen 5 what would it be (700hp, awd, HUD etc.)? Just curious to see the responses.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's tough to pick just ONE thing. There are a few things I like to see however....carbon fiber (which we know is on the car) modest power increase, a change in the layout of the gauges on the dash. I would love to see them return to going a cross the dash versus up and down the dash. That's all I can think of at the moment.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to be a broken record but a widebody ACR. Think Mercedes black series.

The reason I stress so much about width is that and overall height are what determines the car's road presence. You only have to see a Murci/CarerraGT, etc. coming at you or riding in front of you to know what I mean. It's such a bad ass look and it's what defines how exotic the car looks. Also, race cars have wider bodies and tracks so to me that means increase in performance (wider tires???). Either way, that's what I want to see.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Better ingress and egress, so bigger drivers are comfortable in the car ( supposed to happen ), less weight, and a bevy of options to personalize ( i.e. custom seats, carbon fiber, rims, interior trim package, custom NAV and upgraded stereo, Sirius, U connect, stripes ,etc)

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get beat up for this, but I think it's time for a killer auto with paddle shifters--many exotics have this. It's been proven many times that the paddle shifter trans is faster that any manual. As I said, I know I'm going to be beat upon, however the world class exotics have gone that way--Dave

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get beat up for this, but I think it's time for a killer auto with paddle shifters--many exotics have this. It's been proven many times that the paddle shifter trans is faster that any manual. As I said, I know I'm going to be beat upon, however the world class exotics have gone that way--Dave

I personally don't mind paddle shifters if they just make it an option.... just as long as they make the manual transmission standard. For those who want to track their Vipers, the paddle shifters are hard to beat.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To properly carry on the Legendary Viper legacy. All the rest will be covered then

Bruce

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally don't mind paddle shifters if they just make it an option.... just as long as they make the manual transmission standard. For those who want to track their Vipers, the paddle shifters are hard to beat.

This plus killer looks and 700 HP would put me in the game

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Large beverage holders
Little ball on top the aerial
Bowling mascot on the hood
Horns that play La Cucaracha
Sound-proof bubble for the kids
Huge motor
Big Fins

These are things we need!! :D

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind a paddle shift option (TRUE), not some BS automatic tiptronic with paddles just for effect. They'd have to borrow it from Ferrari...the question is can it handle the torque

Now AWD? Absolutely not. Not now, not ever. I don't give a **** if the Vin Diesels and Paul Walker rice wankers of the world want that. That's not Viper. :D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see them return to going a cross the dash versus up and down the dash
No thank you. Gen 3/4 dash layout is great.

I'm going to go with 750 to 800 hp. they've already proved they can do it. And I agree with the wider body. The street serpant custom Viper sure has an impressive look.

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better sounding Engine ..

Sports cars appeal to us in many ways. They stir our senses through the site and sound. For me there are 3 major factors I evaluate as part of the ownership experience. 1) The look of the car i.e.,, Body, shape lines do I get excited just looking at it.

2) Driving dynamics i.e. Handling and Power delivery cornering, general driving feel.

3) A third element that completes the experience for me is the sound or the engine.

The Viper does a great job at items one and two on my list but is lacking in the 3rd element the "to die for sound department " There is no mistake for the sound of a great V-8. My Ford GT makes a intoxicating roar when you're into it. The best sounding engines in my books are V-12's I can never see to many Videos of a V-12 car rocketing down a straight at full song. A great sounding V-10 in Lambo or Porsche Carrera GT is a close second.

I hope at some point SRT and Ferrari will look at that motor and do something drastic.. new crank and firing order maybe to get the sound better. I know Lambo V-10's and Porsche Carrera GT V-10's are smaller displacement motors that rev higher but something surely could be done to get the world class scintillating sound the Viper deserves..

It's no secret the Viper stigma of sounding like a UPS truck is still there.. I for one hope they complete the circle of the big three to make it a complete true exotic experience.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Better sounding Engine ..

Sports cars appeal to us in many ways. They stir our senses through the site and sound. For me there are 3 major factors I evaluate as part of the ownership experience. 1) The look of the car i.e.,, Body, shape lines do I get excited just looking at it.

2) Driving dynamics i.e. Handling and Power delivery cornering, general driving feel.

3) A third element that completes the experience for me is the sound or the engine.

The Viper does a great job at items one and two on my list but is lacking in the 3rd element the "to die for sound department " There is no mistake for the sound of a great V-8. My Ford GT makes a intoxicating roar when you're into it. The best sounding engines in my books are V-12's I can never see to many Videos of a V-12 car rocketing down a straight at full song. A great sounding V-10 in Lambo or Porsche Carrera GT is a close second.

I hope at some point SRT and Ferrari will look at that motor and do something drastic.. new crank and firing order maybe to get the sound better. I know Lambo V-10's and Porsche Carrera GT V-10's are smaller displacement motors that rev higher but something surely could be done to get the world class scintillating sound the Viper deserves..

It's no secret the Viper stigma of sounding like a UPS truck is still there.. I for one hope they complete the circle of the big three to make it a complete true exotic experience.

The Viper sound to me was like beer for some people...an aquired taste...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth