KW V2 shock settings?

rhallman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im installing a set of KW V2's on my 2005 Vert this weekend. What settings are being used that give a lowered look and good ride?

Thanks...

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would start out with carefully measuring your stock ride height on a level surface, so you have a reference point (assuming the car is still stock). I would also mark these reference points (masking tape) and use a hanging plumb line (weighted string) if you are going from the center of the fender arc over the tires. Sounds picky but an eighth-inch error here and there does make a difference, especially if you are not planning to do a corner-weighted alignment (which most shops don't do; there is one shop here at nearby Infineon Raceway that does it for $300).

With stock sidewinder wheels & PS2 (stock size) tires I went lower by 7/8-inch in the rear and 3/4-inch up front. Car looks lower but not slammed. A number of established Viper specialty shops use very similar lowering numbers. You may be able to go slightly lower than this before the tire starts grinding the inner fender liner when bottoming the suspension. I'm not into that. Also, with stock sized wheels, I find that it looks somewhat odd to have the fender nearly at the tops of the tires and meanwhile have large gaps at the front and rear of the tires (to the fender). Going to a larger rim set (like 19/20) fixes that little issue. :confused: Mo' money.
FWIW, this amount of lowering came out to 26.5" front and 28.25" rear as measured at the center of the fender lower edge (centerline of wheel).

For damping, only the rebound is adjustable on the V2s. KW recommends starting at 9 clicks out from full firm (or 1.5 turns on the adjuster). This is just centered on the range, if I recall. The general consensus from other KW users is go more toward full firm (say 3-6 clicks out). Some here even use full firm, but... ride quality is a matter of personal taste, YMMV. I just set mine last nite to 6 clicks from full firm and if it ever stops raining I'll let you know what I think.

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had mine clicked all over the place,best i found is full soft,then go click 3 toward firm. best i found for me, its still a little rough, but drive it aggressively and it acually runs smooth,and handle like no other,wow what a big differance, im 2 fingers in the back between the fender and top of tire,and 1/12 in front

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think they recommend starting at click 6......out of 12 so halfway point. I'm all over with mine...thinkmim two clicks from full soft in the rear and 3 from softest in rear. Car rides ok but other day I hit a dip on freeway and came out of my seat about 3 inches. My car is slammed so probably near my bumpstops .

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have mine set at 2 clicks from full firm. I also have mine slammed on 19/20s, with fender measurements of 25" in the front and 26 7/8" out back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper