help with Oil pressure gauge drops to zero

c65491

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so ive done my research before i post here.

my problem happened a month ago, basically the Oil pressure gauge falls to 0 and come back up again .it does that more than once, and keep doing while driving normally

it happens after WOT sometimes and sometimes when the car warms up and just idling ,

the car pulls as hard as ever, no strange noises in the engine

2008 coupe 20k miles

thanks in advance

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bad sender, most likely. My 97 Ram (also a V10 by the way!) had this same symptom, and that's what it was. However, just to be safe, DO NOT drive it - get it towed to the dealer, and have them check it. Better safe than sorry.

OP
OP
C

c65491

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what do you mean a bad sender , could you explain that more. thank you very much for your response

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sender is what detects the oil pressure and transends it to your guage,they go bad alot with all cars,very cheap fix usually. good thing is if you have no top end tapp noise or any other noises,its just that- i bet 20 bucks it is. especially if its bouncing around like that,usually oil pumps fail and stay failed, dont come and go(usually)

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happened on my Vette years ago and it scared the crud outta me...they replaced the sender and oil pump, I do believe, under warranty. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper