Thread: Who bought lottery tickets and whatcha buying with $540 million?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Who bought lottery tickets and whatcha buying with $540 million?

Ok, just got mine LOL (I never buy these but what the hell), I'm going to buy a Lambo Aventador if I win

Viper Owner

Rarely play, but threw some money in the pot for this one.

Step #1 after winning (all done within hours). Pack up the dogs, charter a jet, call a transport company to pick up the Viper, land in Miami and never even think about coming back to Chattanooga again.

Once I settle into the new place in SB, I'll start the hunt for cars and boats. Assuming I'm the only winner and walk with close to $400M, I have no problem blowing through 5% of it on some toys.

Viper Owner

How much time do you have on your hands to even compile this list ..... geez

Quote Originally Posted by AFL in NJ View Post
    I buy my car wish list...in its entirety ($61 million +/-) and have a 13 bedroom, 8.5 bath home built with a 150 car underground garage below the front lawn.....with an elevator to bring the car I'm driving that day up to ground level:

Regards,
    Aaron

Viper Owner

What's funny to me is that people that don't buy when it is $100M are now buying--as if $100M is not good enough for them.

Viper Owner

A few things I have always wanted to do:

Build baseball fields for kids.

Build a golf course.... Members only... Free golf... Must have a steady full-time job (contributing to society, not draining from it) and make less than $100K.

Pay off my firend's mortgages.
    Last edited by georgethedog; 03-31-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar Boy View Post
    Wow. And we get excited when Canada hits a $100,000 jackpot!
    You mean 10,000,000.... right? 100,000 is extremely low for Canadian lotteries.

Enthusiast

When is the drawing? If there is no winner, it goes on? Till we are in NY next week? ;-)

Viper Owner

3 winning tickets were purchased.

Bruce

Viper Owner

3 purchased tickets were winners.

Bob

Viper Owner

Give it all to charity...yep, every last penny

Viper Owner

Oh Well !!!

Quote Originally Posted by v10enomous View Post
    Always wanted one of these

Viper Owner

V10enomous, You are too funny. Sorry about your jet...

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by viper067 View Post
    How much time do you have on your hands to even compile this list ..... geez
    Well, a LOT!! I'm single and I have a job where I start a bunch of work, then sit back and watch it run. I had the list kicking around in my head for years, so I finally put it in an excel spreadsheet one day... it looked like work to those around me.

I believe there are a few more "planners" like me on this site....I even know one guy in our NorCal club who has the same list of 15 Vipers we want to own.....that's a little scary!!

Regards,
    Aaron

Viper Owner

So what was the winning total? Is it an equal 3 way split? Do you have to pay any tax on the monies?

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    So what was the winning total? Is it an equal 3 way split? Do you have to pay any tax on the monies?
    $656 million, yes, and yes (income tax, at the highest rate).

Viper Owner

3 winners will probably net about $100mil each after taxes.

Viper Owner

I bought $5 worth of quick pics and just learned today that I won $2 of it back. Probably not enough to go to work tomorrow and tell the boss to pound sand.

Enthusiast

Out of the 10 tix I bought and the 100 an out-of-state friend asked me to buy for him, we won a total of $5. I'm beginning to think the lottery is a "for profit" business and not set up to make me a millionaire. How disheartening.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by V10SpeedLuvr View Post
    ...and not set up to make me a millionaire.......
    well, if it is not, it surely should be

Viper Owner

We should do a forum wide pool the next time it gets high. If it is 540 mill and 400 of us all put in $5 and we win, that is still $1m each. I think I'd be happy with a mil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2