April 29th, day at Sebring

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hell All,

Please see details on the April 29[SUP]th[/SUP]day at Sebring with Safe Motorsports. Again, everyone welcome, you don’t have to drive on the track, but therewill be different options to do so if you wish to. Big thanks to Cathy and Jim and Lee and Tinafor putting this event together. Please reply to Cathy ([email protected])and me if you can attend and what level of participation you want to do, Cathy’semail is in the CC section also.

Hey -John , Could you please send this today to everyone on your list? Thanks,Cathy

Sunday, April 29[SUP]th[/SUP]SafeMotorsports in Sebring
First of all, a bigthank you to Lee Saunders and Jim Smiley for getting this all set up and readyto go! This is an event that hassomething for everyone! You are welcome to come over and just hang out for theday, have lunch, and attend the Viper Club meeting. You can race, or you can bethere for the parade lap at no charge.You can take the ride a long for 25.00 if you don’t want to track your car. The Midflorida Suite will be available, the club is providing lunch, andnon racers will have a beautiful air conditioned suite overlooking the track towatch the events. We have secured a special rate for non racers who want a ridealong, and a parade lap around lunchtime has been approved for VIPERS. Safe Motorsports will not requireyou to be a member for this event (although at a modest $50.00 annualfee, SAFE would be happy for you tobecome a member!) and a parade lap around lunchtime has been approved forVIPERS.
Important addresses:
1)Sebring InternationalRaceway 113 Midway Drive Sebring, Fl .33870 800-626-RACE
2) Chateau ElanHotel 150 Midway Drive Sebring, Fl.33870 863-655-6252 Mention the Viper Club if you are makingreservations.
Please RSVP as soon as you can , so we can give SAFE an idea of the turnout they can expect. You canchoose any or ALL of these!
Parade Lap ( nocharge ) Yes___ No___ Maybe____
Ride A Long for non racers ( armband $25.00.. reducedrate ) Yes___ No ___Maybe ___
Your car on the track ( 350.00 FOR 1 day ) Yes ___No ___ Maybe ___
Racers requirements:Motorcycle helmets are OK for this eventonly, or better yet, a Snell SA1995 or newer rated helmet. Long sleeved shirts,long pants, closed toed shoes. No loanerhelmets are available. Racers please have your car on pit road around 8:00AM for tech inspection and have yourforms filled out in advance. There is a drivers meeting is at 8:45.
The attached forms already have “VIPER CLUB” handwrittenat the top of the form. Please remember to add this to your form if youdownload it from the site itself. Lee strongly suggestsfor racers to check the tread on your tires, bleed your brakes with dot4 fluid in advance , check your brake pads andreplace in advance if needed ,check your air pressure , and make sure your lugnuts are tight. Go tosafemotorsports.com to familiarize yourself with the various flags and rules. Ican email you a release form, or you can download it online. Again, be sure toput VIPER CLUB at the top of the form.
Email [email protected] or call 239-542-0806 ifyou have questions. You may also contact [email protected]

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
fuelman--
I'd like to drive over from Sarasota just to watch and listen--not compete or run on the track. Can I do this? What would be the charge for my wife and I? I've never been able to participate in any of the North Central VCA events so i'd like to give this event a shot. Thanks--Dave

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave it would be free unless you and your wife signed up for ride a long hot laps (highly suggested) ;) I'm def. coming, just not sure if I'm gonna run the car or not. I'll see how everything goes at Road Atlanta in a couple weeks then decide

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
MTGTS--
Thanks for the info--we will be there--thinking about the hot laps, however was there for the NARRA last May and witnessed a Z06 get totaled and a few other incidents. Not sure if we are up to the risks being OLD and HEALTHY--kind of like to stay that way --Dave

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MTGTS--
Thanks for the info--we will be there--thinking about the hot laps, however was there for the NARRA last May and witnessed a Z06 get totaled and a few other incidents. Not sure if we are up to the risks being OLD and HEALTHY--kind of like to stay that way --Dave

If Lee ends up bringing the Comp Coupe out I'm sure there will be a line for rides.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
MTGTS--
I got an e-mail from Cathy last week regarding the event--she wanted to know what options I wanted it terms of participation. I had the impression that they have a nice turn out coming. I can get her e-mail address for you if you want and you can contact her--PM me if you want that--Dave

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MTGTS--
I got an e-mail from Cathy last week regarding the event--she wanted to know what options I wanted it terms of participation. I had the impression that they have a nice turn out coming. I can get her e-mail address for you if you want and you can contact her--PM me if you want that--Dave
. thanks, I got the email and will be attending. If I get my car back on Wed I might even be able to run. I was just seeing who all was going

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Great event today, thanks to all who helped set the event up, and got the food!@!!! I know a great time was had by all, several vipers were on the track & were able to give "ride-alongs" to everyone who was interested. Thanks again Cathy/Jim & Tina/Lee for setting up the event

Finsfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a special thanks to Cathy, Jim, Tina, and Lee for pulling this event together. We had an amazing time learning about our cars and the track. We also wanted to take all you that were kind enough to give us ride-a- longs. Because of you we were bitten by the track bug that I’m not sure I can afford.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper