Thread: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    98 gts
    b&b headers,hi flow cats, cat back
    smooth tubes
    k&n filter
    1.7 roller rockers
    Roe racing sct tune

    Im installing the roller rockers and uploading the tune then going to have it thrown on the dyno to make sure a/f ratios are cool and no flat spots. Id really love to see 500rwhp and 500< rwtq but i feel like thats a real stretch what do you guys think?. Also should i be going with anyone else for a tune and im also going to have the fans kick on earlier and skip shift disabled, anything else i should specify?Also im I over looking any other relatively cheap/easy mods for power? . . .other misc mods i have now are eibach springs/cups, short shifter, gen4 bbk. Also looking to do colder thermo stat & possibly radiator idk

  2. #2
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Enterprise, AL USA
    Posts
    10,315

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Just a guess, but 435RWHP/495RWTQ. With a good tune, you might get another 15RWHP. To get over 500 RWHP, you wull need a set of Greg Good heads.
    Last edited by 99 R/T 10; 03-31-2012 at 03:22 PM.

  3. #3
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by 99 R/T 10 View Post
    Just a guess, but 435RWHP/495RWTQ. With a g ood tune, you might get another 15RWHP. To get over 500 RWHP, you wull need a set of Greg Good heads.
    Damn so I was way off lol

  4. #4
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by 99 R/T 10 View Post
    Just a guess, but 435RWHP/495RWTQ. With a g ood tune, you might get another 15RWHP. To get over 500 RWHP, you wull need a set of Greg Good heads.
    Yep pretty much what I was thinking.

    I had bellanger headers, magnaflow exhaust, filters and tubes, SCT tune and made 445hp/495tq.

    Keep in mind though, with my mail order Roe tune I only had 410hp/480tq. I had my shop dyno tune my SCT and picked up the extra power.

  5. #5
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Never enough!

  6. #6
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Hmm so you think I would gain with a custom dyno tune over the mail order roe

  7. #7
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by APGTS View Post
    Hmm so you think I would gain with a custom dyno tune over the mail order roe
    Yes. Roe sends you a more conservative tune so you don't blow your stuff up and blame them.

  8. #8
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    869

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by 99 R/T 10 View Post
    Just a guess, but 435RWHP/495RWTQ. With a good tune, you might get another 15RWHP. To get over 500 RWHP, you wull need a set of Greg Good heads.
    Yep. I agree.

  9. #9
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by hyph View Post
    Yes. Roe sends you a more conservative tune so you don't blow your stuff up and blame them.
    makes perfect sense

  10. #10
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    man so this thread kinda burst my bubble alil

  11. #11
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Just run a 200 shot of nitrous and gain 200whp/250 wtq. You can put together a complete system for under 2k.

  12. #12
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    +1 on the heads. I have a Gen I that I am procuring parts for in my quest for 500RWHP and everybody I have spoken to have suggested all the mods you are doing plus a set of GG heads. The heads being the single biggest part of the equation the take advantage of the other mods you are doing. I am interested to see what you get minus the heads.

    Craig,

  13. #13
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    2,564

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    My Gen 1 did 410HP and 476TQ with smooth tubes, Belangers and 3" exhaust. and its missing your +50HP. (Gen 1 400HP, Gen II 450HP)
    You want 500HP, this is going to be easy!

    A safe and conservative 50 or 100 shot of "wet" nitrous and you'll get well above 500HP... that will also shoot your TQ numbers much higher than the 450...

    or if you dont like the idea of having explosives in trunk, good set of heads will do the job safely;-)

  14. #14
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    ALL OVER
    Posts
    16,081

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    agreed, my 98 was 421 when it was stock with filters, add the headers and RR's you should be 450+

  15. #15
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    hmm i guess that im now back down to reality anything around 460rwhp with full exhaust, rr's, smooth tubes/filters, & tune should be pretty good

  16. #16
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oak Lawn, Illinois
    Posts
    512

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    I'll echo everyone else and say 460ish. If you're looking for 500 you'll b able to hit that without spending TOO much more $, easy. For a quick comparison check out my mods/sig, I'm making 555hp.

  17. #17
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    If you want more power, you need to improve flow through the engine - sort of obvious I guess.
    Your stock heads are the biggest flow restriction, followed by zorst and to even lesser extent the other cheaper and easier things to replace.
    Improve your flow, in whichever way you're comfortable with.
    Ade
    Last edited by MADMAX; 04-01-2012 at 07:09 AM.

  18. #18
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Milton,FL
    Posts
    929

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by APGTS View Post
    98 gts


    I will guess about 445-450 rwhp and about 475-480 rwtq at best....... ( and actually I may be a bit high on my numbers)

    b&b headers,hi flow cats, cat back
    smooth tubes
    k&n filter
    1.7 roller rockers
    Roe racing sct tune

    Im installing the roller rockers and uploading the tune then going to have it thrown on the dyno to make sure a/f ratios are cool and no flat spots. Id really love to see 500rwhp and 500< rwtq but i feel like thats a real stretch what do you guys think?. Also should i be going with anyone else for a tune and im also going to have the fans kick on earlier and skip shift disabled, anything else i should specify?Also im I over looking any other relatively cheap/easy mods for power? . . .other misc mods i have now are eibach springs/cups, short shifter, gen4 bbk. Also looking to do colder thermo stat & possibly radiator idk


    see my comment above.....

  19. #19
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Enterprise, AL USA
    Posts
    10,315

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by NVMYVPR View Post
    +1 on the heads. I have a Gen I that I am procuring parts for in my quest for 500RWHP and everybody I have spoken to have suggested all the mods you are doing plus a set of GG heads. The heads being the single biggest part of the equation the take advantage of the other mods you are doing. I am interested to see what you get minus the heads.

    Craig,
    Not sure if you have seen the GG heads in the classifieds:

    http://classifieds.viperclub.org/sho...d-heads&cat=47

  20. #20
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    My 98 with B&B headers, exhaust and smooth tubes put me at 460 RWHP, your adding a tune and 1.7 rockers I will take a guess at 469. Just bolt on the ROE supercharger and you will see 610ish!!!

  21. #21
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    1,517

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by APGTS View Post
    98 gts
    b&b headers,hi flow cats, cat back
    smooth tubes
    k&n filter
    1.7 roller rockers
    Roe racing sct tune

    Im installing the roller rockers and uploading the tune then going to have it thrown on the dyno to make sure a/f ratios are cool and no flat spots. Id really love to see 500rwhp and 500< rwtq but i feel like thats a real stretch what do you guys think?. Also should i be going with anyone else for a tune and im also going to have the fans kick on earlier and skip shift disabled, anything else i should specify?Also im I over looking any other relatively cheap/easy mods for power? . . .other misc mods i have now are eibach springs/cups, short shifter, gen4 bbk. Also looking to do colder thermo stat & possibly radiator idk
    I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. I've been buying my parts since last year and will finally be done buying everything and having it all installed by June. I too originally hoped to achieve 500rwhp, but have realized it isn't logical without doing the heads.

    My current mods are:
    RandomTech High Flow Ceramic Cats
    Corsa Catback Exhaust
    K&N Dual FIPK
    KW Variant2 Coilovers
    Dave's Big Brake Kit
    iForged Classic II 3piece Wheels

    The rest that will be installed are:
    Performance SCT Tune
    AmericanRacing 1 5/8 Stepped Headers & Metallic High Flow Cats(I might decide to not run cats at all)
    172 Degree Thermostat
    T&D 1.7 Shaft Mount Rockers
    New Pushrods
    Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
    Centerforce Clutch
    Hydrolic Slave Cylinder
    3:55 Gears
    B&M Short Throw Shifter
    AB's QualityWires
    Power Steering Pulley
    Power Steering Bracket
    Wood house Engine and Transmission Mounts
    New Michelin Pilot Super Sports

    I know you guys mentioned around 460ish, but I was originally hoping for around 475rwhp at least. If that's actually realistically possible. I know with the gears the readout will be lower, so I'm going to have the car dyno'd before the gears and after. Either way, the car will be a lot more fun to drive and I will be extremely happy with it regardless.
    Last edited by costanZo; 04-02-2012 at 12:47 PM.

  22. #22
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    869

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    My 01' motor had some of the highest HP readings I have seen for the mods I had and it's mostly the common bolt on's, except for head work.
    This got me 467HP and 508TQ - 11.3 1/4 mile @125MPH on Drag Radials:

    SVS Headers, highest flowing headers made in my opinion. It's a "race only" header from what my research has shown... This is where I got all my power I think. Notice the equil length headers and perfect 5 into 1 collector... this is where these headers domintate in my opinion.
    [img]http://www.mitchellmotorsport.co.nz/...er_Headers.jpg[/img]

    NO CATS.... NO REAR EXHAUST = LOUD! (also big power gains from no cats...)
    Side Borla exhaust
    Smoothe tubes / K&N drop in's
    Alum flywheel
    SCT Tune
    ...can't think nof anything else power related to get the power I did.


    I installed rockers and axctually lost power... Down to about 457HP, but again... this was another day on the Dyno, so who knows if the temp / weather conditions played a role. This may have also been because the rockers are not useful without headwork, then they will add power. I still managed an 11.6 at the track with the rockers, but I was also on a harder tire... and had alot of tire spin compared to my softer drag radials (BFG G-Force DR), so that is where I think I lost the .3 tents from at the drag strip... from a harder tire (Nitto 555).
    Last edited by -FROG-; 04-02-2012 at 12:48 PM.

  23. #23
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by costanZo View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. I've been buying my parts since last year and will finally be done buying everything and having it all installed by June. I too originally hoped to achieve 500rwhp, but have realized it isn't logical without doing the heads.

    My current mods are:
    RandomTech High Flow Ceramic Cats
    Corsa Catback Exhaust
    K&N Dual FIPK
    KW Variant2 Coilovers
    Dave's Big Brake Kit
    iForged Classic II 3piece Wheels

    The rest that will be installed are:
    Performance SCT Tune
    AmericanRacing 1 5/8 Stepped Headers & Metallic High Flow Cats(I might decide to not run cats at all)
    172 Degree Thermostat
    T&D 1.7 Shaft Mount Rockers
    New Pushrods
    Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
    Centerforce Clutch
    Hydrolic Slave Cylinder
    3:55 Gears
    B&M Short Throw Shifter
    AB's QualityWires
    Power Steering Pulley
    Power Steering Bracket
    Wood house Engine and Transmission Mounts
    New Michelin Pilot Super Sports

    I know you guys mentioned around 460ish, but I was originally hoping for around 475rwhp at least. If that's actually realistically possible. I know with the gears the readout will be lower, so I'm going to have the car dyno'd before the gears and after. Either way, the car will be a lot more fun to drive and I will be extremely happy with it regardless.
    seriously pretty much spot on what im planning on doing... I know ill love the gears now I just hope they arent going to be to much/counterproductive when i throw a paxton on in the future

  24. #24
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by -FROG- View Post
    My 01' motor had some of the highest HP readings I have seen for the mods I had and it's mostly the common bolt on's, except for head work.
    This got me 467HP and 508TQ - 11.3 1/4 mile @125MPH on Drag Radials:

    SVS Headers, highest flowing headers made in my opinion. It's a "race only" header from what my research has shown... This is where I got all my power I think. Notice the equil length headers and perfect 5 into 1 collector... this is where these headers domintate in my opinion.
    [img]http://www.mitchellmotorsport.co.nz/...er_Headers.jpg[/img]

    NO CATS.... NO REAR EXHAUST = LOUD! (also big power gains from no cats...)
    Side Borla exhaust
    Smoothe tubes / K&N drop in's
    Alum flywheel
    SCT Tune
    ...can't think nof anything else power related to get the power I did.


    I installed rockers and axctually lost power... Down to about 457HP, but again... this was another day on the Dyno, so who knows if the temp / weather conditions played a role. This may have also been because the rockers are not useful without headwork, then they will add power. I still managed an 11.6 at the track with the rockers, but I was also on a harder tire... and had alot of tire spin compared to my softer drag radials (BFG G-Force DR), so that is where I think I lost the .3 tents from at the drag strip... from a harder tire (Nitto 555).

    hmmm so I got two questions
    #1 do you think i will gain from taking my high flo cats out? currently b&b headers, cats, cat back
    #2 I really dont plan on doing head work in the future so are roller rockers a waste? I always thought they increase the lift of the cam

  25. #25
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    1,517

    Default Re: Guesstimate what my rwhp/tq is going to be

    Quote Originally Posted by APGTS View Post
    hmmm so I got two questions
    #1 do you think i will gain from taking my high flo cats out? currently b&b headers, cats, cat back
    #2 I really dont plan on doing head work in the future so are roller rockers a waste? I always thought they increase the lift of the cam
    #1) I was also wondering this going catless/straight pipes.. It seems logical, but just how much extra rwhp could you squeeze out?
    #2) I already bought my Rockers and have heard nothing but positive things in reference to increasing power anywhere from 15-18rwhp.

Similar Threads

  1. 428 rwhp 99 vrs 550 rwhp supra
    By ASKYOURWIFE in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 09:00 AM
  2. 890 rwhp peak 896 rwhp!! on 91 pump gas
    By KenricGTS in forum SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 06:34 AM
  3. Results from new 2002 with Supercharger and NOS, 700 RWHP & 800 RWHP
    By Sean Roe in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 02:17 PM
  4. How Much RWHP is too much???
    By onerareviper in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2002, 02:42 PM
  5. What is RWHP on 01 ACR?
    By ElDiablo Viper in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2001, 04:34 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts