Gen V roadster

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a "little birdie" that knows whether or not the roadster version of the Gen V will look like a Gen 3-4 (soft top) or more like a Gen 2 with the Hard Top and removable window?

If no little birdie... what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they've gone past the after-thought top and stick with the fully convertable top like the Gen III & IV's.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would be even nicer if you didn't need to deal with the trunk... : )

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like T-Tops. I had 3 cars with them. I guess I'm stuck in the 70's and 80's but it's basically a more rigid targa with easier to handle panels. I think the problem is that there is so much more area to seal but I'm sure they could get it right with today's technology. Wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.:dunno:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like both. A total vert with a different rear end, and then a coupe with a targa top that can fit in the trunk. If it can't fit that's ok too.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im thinking a fully autmated hard top covertable like the lexes.

When your talking 700 hp an extra 70 pounds over the rear tires aint gonna hurt anything

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the srt conv top is much easier and quicker to use than the gen I and II toupe, and faster and less of a pain than any t-top or targa top i have ever dealt w/

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could never warm up to the look of a true ragtop when it's up. It's fine when it's down but even then I prefer a targa or t-top.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they bring back the traditional RT/10 Roadster styling with the roll-bar and rear glass. I LOVED that styling. I hate how the SRT vert has nothing behind the driver, it's just flat..... :(