Welcome the 2013 SRT Viper GTS

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As mentioned before, the front looks like a Corvette. They needed to keep the wide eyes. Everything is good except the HP which should have been 700, and the front. It looks like a GTS, and I would take my 97 GTS anyday over this still. THey also should have offered an optional Supercharged Viper approaching 900HP. That would have front paged all the car magazines. There's always next model.

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - overall a beautiful car... Ralph is an amazing individual and I am sure glad he is spearheading SRT and ressurection of "Stryker". Great job Ralph / Team SRT / and Chrysler! Thank you!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Triple wow!!!! It is more than I expected. A quantum leap!!!!!! I'll buy one when the vert comes out. Good job SRT!!!!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Ralph and the SRT Viper Team !!!! WELL DONE.

now like all **** things.......................Lets see it with the top off!!!!!!!!!!

UVBINBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
hummmmm im sorry but i really think the missed on this car

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Ralph and the SRT Viper Team !!!! WELL DONE.

now like all **** things.......................Lets see it with the top off!!!!!!!!!!

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I will also say very well done. It sounds like they listened to and acted on many of the requests. The car was beautiful. And the race car was over the top!

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
640hp= epic FAIL!!!!!! :mad: Overall, gorgeous car, but same HP as the older ZR1 and less then a Mustange GT500.....LESS THAN A MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

FrgMstr

Pretty car, but I am not sure it will grow on me. If I personally wanted a car that would be mistaken for the Gen II or a Ferrari, I would buy one or the other. I think SRT missed the mark on making something evolutionary in my opinion. This is more of a step back then modified. :(

MotorTrend Shots.

You must be registered for see images

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They took a work of art (GTS) tweaked it all around and came out with another work of art. Damn good job; and I still love my current GTS. I must have both because the driving experience will be totally different. Awesome! I can also get even more excited at LeMans! woot!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like it. Headlights are horrid. Get rid of the led fad. Rear end looks way too tall and disproportionate to the front, just doesn't flow well. Rear panel good. Hood is awesome. Awesome roof. Gen 2 curve in front of the doors looks out of place. Black panels behind the doors look out of place. Interior looks amazing, hands down improved. Overall it looks too much like a Ferrari / Maserati. Headlights and front bumper really kill it for me.

Racecar looked nice though.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! Love it to PIECES! Oh dear gawd almighty!

Oh and my fears of "less aggressive fender vents" are laid to rest. Those are HUGE

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
640hp= epic FAIL!!!!!! :mad: Overall, gorgeous car, but same HP as the older ZR1 and less then a Mustange GT500.....LESS THAN A MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.......^^^^^^^^^^^^^....... +1

I know hp is just a #, and its how the car puts the power down. But it would have been nice to see at least 660 hp. just saying.
And the looks, very Ferrari/GTS looking. Very nice.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a different note, this car has a very Euro look to it, and at least in pictures; it doesn't look as imposing as our truly American iterations. Quite a few electronics. I wonder what the implications are for us mechanics.:rolleyes: As much as I like the car, I keep getting a Jaguar/ Astin vibe. Anyhow I can't wait to see it in person, because photos never quite capture the feel of really curvy things.

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like most vehicles out there, there are certain aspects i like and certain aspects not so much. Visually I like the interior, I havent sat in one so I do not know from that point of view. I can sum up my thoughts in one word "Cool"

-nighthawk-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look of the car. It's kind of taken the Viper truly out of the muscle car status and into the supercar status IMO (not that the older Vipers weren't supercar material).

Anyway it's 3am here in Melbourne, Australia. I'm only going to get 2 hours sleep thanks to the Viper :p
Goodnight all

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the looks of this car. I think it is the best looking Viper yet. Takes the best part of the Gen II through Gen IV body styles and synthesizes them into a beautiful, amazing shape. SRT clearly didn't please everyone with the new body style, but they definitely pleased me. I'd put this as one of the top 3 American cars ever, in terms of looks. I would be interested to see what the aerodynamics are like. I wonder how much down force the car generates at speed.

SSR9999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i gotta say, if you want a bit of ferrari, aston martin and sophistication in your viper then here it is. personally for me, looking at the gen V, it looks like an updated version of what the gen 2 should be or should've been from the get go (no disrespect to the gen 3 as it's aggressive looking in its own right). this car, however, is a bit more of a refined version of the gen 2, if you will. the tail end (from the side profile) reminds me a bit of the aston martin and the original GTS, minus the blacked out/carbon fiber bit a la the dodge charger. even though i sort of like the rear end, right now, i'm not sure if i'm a fan of the rear (the panel around the taillights..looks too similar to the dodge challenger/dart/charger line) just yet. the front is a blend of ferrari, viper, maserati grand turismo and dodge (the grill). the first time i saw the front end...the ferrari 599 and maybe a bit of the ferrari california came to mind. i'm disappointed that the big round fog lamps are no longer there. as someone mentioned, it's been a major styling cue of the viper since its inception and should've continued into the new one. looking at some of the pictures, i can maybe see a tiny semblance of the C6 vette on there, but that doesn't mean that it'd look that way in person...hopefully not. would've loved to see one with stripes and curious to see how the stripes will look on the gen 5.

interior wise, still not sure. it looks great, but i miss the gauges/pods. it seems SRT is trying to capture what the nissan GTR did with it's "information" screen (where you can see the g-force/oil/speed and what not), hence they no longer have the use for the gauges (?). again, like the previous generations and like the fog lamps, the gauges are part of the viper too and should've been continued. the buttons on the steering wheel, i guess it's a sign of the time...not a fan. however, the interior definitely is a big improvement (minus the lack of gauges and steering wheel buttons) over all the previous vipers. it looks nice enough to sleep in. LED - i think when you see this thing coming at you in the day time somewhere on the road, it's going to look menacing and obvious - reminds me of the LEDs on Audis. over all, i think they did a great job, but until i see one in person, it looks more like a refined/sophisticated viper that has grown up a bit and have become a bit more gentlemanly instead of a brute that it has been which is not a bad thing. i also think for those who have the GTS, this will be a great stable mate to the gen 2 due to how much the gen 5 is based on the second generation. additionally, i also think those who don't usually consider the viper perhaps b/c of the plastic(y) in the interior or b/c it's a dodge might take a second look at the viper now might cross shop when they're looking at the 911 turbo, lamborghinis, ferrari, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4