7 min Hi Res video of 2013 Viper GTS running on the street. Ignition sounds at 4:00

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 7 min Hi Res video of 2013 Viper GTS running on the street. Ignition sounds at 4:

Wow! Just wow!. The car is a home run. Magnificent! It will sell well.

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: 7 min Hi Res video of 2013 Viper GTS running on the street. Ignition sounds at 4:

What a ridiculous video of a car that is supposed to be "an on the edge car". Just goes to show you that they are taking an entirely different direction. Ford is going the right way with their cars making them more performance orientated.

Birds and water fountains......how sad. They should have had a video with hard launch control starts, a couple corner drifts, one decent burnout and some full throttle upshifts. I am actually embarrassed how they are marketing this.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The clown shoe is back!

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really like it, although I'd prefer that front lip to be a separate piece (easier and cheaper to repair if damaged).

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VERY NICE!!!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is it just me, or do the "vents" on either side of the hood look to just go down and end at a rubber mat? It doesn't look like there are any holes there for airflow. If that's the case, what's the point? To give water a place to sit and collect?

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im still disappointed with 640hp but I know it will be deadly fast and hard to beat. Like always it will beat the hell out of cars with more power and twice the cost. But after watching this video I can say this is one bad ass looking car and will look even meaner in black or graphite to go along with all that carbon fiber.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow the GTS-R is insane! I'm in love!!!

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im still disappointed with 640hp but I know it will be deadly fast and hard to beat. Like always it will beat the hell out of cars with more power and twice the cost. But after watching this video I can say this is one bad ass looking car and will look even meaner in black or graphite to go along with all that carbon fiber.

Come on, really? +40hp/+40tq and -100lbs, with a 50% stiffer chassis, this car will feel very different from the Gen IV.

The Gen IV was such a phenominal car, fastest production car in the world, and it's obvious the Gen V improves upon it in every way conceivable. No stone unturned.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's hard to explain how much I want that car:dunno:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It looks awesome in pictures, imagine how it looks in person!! Love the interior.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a ridiculous video of a car that is supposed to be "an on the edge car". Just goes to show you that they are taking an entirely different direction. Ford is going the right way with their cars making them more performance orientated.

Birds and water fountains......how sad. They should have had a video with hard launch control starts, a couple corner drifts, one decent burnout and some full throttle upshifts. I am actually embarrassed how they are marketing this.

You nailed it......targeting a very different audience.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score

First two things i'd do is .......

#1 paint the area surrounding the license plate to match the body color

#2 throw a lumpy cam, louder exhaust in

Is it just me or does the exhaust note sound SUPER QUIET?............... "Shhhhhhh, be very quiet, I'm hunting WABBITTS" -- Elmer Fudd

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well the target buyer wants his cell phone over the factory blue tooth to be quiet. I'm making fun of myself a little bit here. It's not perfect. I don't have a retort for those who say the front looks like a Corvette but I'm going to sell/trade my 2001 GTS on the 2013 model. After 11+ years with the GTS the creature comforts don't sound all that horrible. That and I am 11+ years older(29 vs 40).

The automotive landscape has changed since the 1996 release of the GTS. 450 horsepower in a v10 was earth shattering and that power could still get to the ground. Now, you would need 750 horsepower to raise eyebrows and I'd argue that for a car that is driven at all on the street, with much more power than the 640 they just released you would need all wheel drive. In my opinion, the 640 number is OK. It's time to aggressively go after weight in future models since you can't move to all wheel drive and push the weight close to 4000 like the GTR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper