-FROG-'s Fuel System - Fuel for Paxton / Creampuff setup

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you know I have been building a fuel system for my Paxton supercharger I'm installing on my 01' Creampuff motor in my 98' GTS. I was able to route everything so that I can use my fuel pressure regulator / gauge efficiently while tuning the car (ART will do the tune). I could have routed the regulator in a way, like I have seen most fuel systems done that would have made this project go ALOT faster, but I wanted to have easy effective access to the regulator, to tweak fuel when needed and to monitor fuel pressure. Now all that is left for me on this project is to tighten everything down and pressurize the system for a leak test.

*note - I did have to install spacers to go under the injectors so they would fit in right, because they are short. I used the BLUE spacers from Injector Dynamics, which had a larger opening so it would not block the injector spray pattern. We filed these down, only slightly (basically, only removing the paint on the outside) so they would slip into the stock injector holes and still seal with the o-ring. I also had to "snip off" the side molding of the injectors, so they would fit inside the ROE Fuel Rail mounting brackets (they surround the injector holes). The ROE mounting brackets... I had to grind out the hole that surrounded the injector hole, so that the Injectors would fit in. The holes were originally a little too small for ID Injectors.

Components:
Twin in tank Walbro 255 fuel pumps (kit built by ART) - approx $600
Aeromotive 12304 - 100 Micron, ORB-10 Red Fuel Filter - approx $100
ROE Racing fuel rails (kit came with mounting brackets) - approx $500
ID 750cc Injectors - approx $1,000
Aeromotive A1000 p/n (13101) regulator and gauge - approx $200
AN -10 lines from pump to back side of fuel rails
AN -8 lines from front of fuel rails to regulator
Using the stock fuel source for the return line back to the tank
All steel braided lines and AN fittings ordered from Summit - approx $300
Oil Breather / baffled Catch Cans were ordered from Ebay - approx $100

Total cost around $3,000.