narra

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have border line run craps but I really want to get in this event mainly because I want to run on road Atlanta and see how I do on a track and was wondering if I should take my time and effort to get there with the tires I have or will I be declined they are right at tech spec and everything else should be good

Thanks
Mandus

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a quick ship from Tire Rack on some stickys to your house. Don't waist your time and money at Road Atlanta with run craps. You will love Road Atlanta as its very technical and fast. Be careful after you exit under the bridge !!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NARRA was great. Pretty much an open track in both Solo and TT groups. TT is naturally crowded at the start but the Solo's were about the most wide open track I'd ever seen at RA ('cept when its rainin').

Short clip to give you an idea of how open it was:

http://vimeo.com/40459334

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it was pretty crowded in the beginner school but for a first timer I had lots of fun and didn't do anything STUPID. My instructor was a Porsche guy and he was sure we would crash because he heard Vipers bite. Whoever heard of such? Thanks for the video, if only I could have been that smooth...

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it was pretty crowded in the beginner school but for a first timer I had lots of fun and didn't do anything STUPID. My instructor was a Porsche guy and he was sure we would crash because he heard Vipers bite. Whoever heard of such? Thanks for the video, if only I could have been that smooth...

Randy?????

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was by far the most fun I've ever had with clothes on (and better than some without)! ;)

I knew it would be fun, but I HAD NO IDEA how MUCH fun. I'm already looking into other clubs and when they are going to see if I can make it work to get back out there.
I spent a few hours today pulling the wheels off and cleaning them and the brakes/wheel wells. I could not believe the amount of rubber stuck to the barrels of the wheels.
I haven't even started on the rest of the car yet.

OP
OP
S

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't get tires or get signed up in time but I did go Sunday and watch and I missed out on a lot of fun thanks for the video

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy?????

Good guess. He was great. Took me for a ride in his car and tried to sell me a Porsche. I told him that yes it was fast but I couldn't put the top down. A couple of his friends missed turn 12 and he got a kick out of that. I don't think I scared him too bad. Great fun.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good guess. He was great. Took me for a ride in his car and tried to sell me a Porsche. I told him that yes it was fast but I couldn't put the top down. A couple of his friends missed turn 12 and he got a kick out of that. I don't think I scared him too bad. Great fun.

Randy is an interesting character for sure, very good driver. Sebring is his home track which he knows very well. I think that's only his 2nd time up @ RA and the first time in his RS. He is always scared to instruct Viper and Vette guys

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of his friends missed turn 12 and he got a kick out of that.
I had just exited on the pit out lane when I saw those those guys come flying across the grass with dirt flying everywhere.....I sped up to make sure they didn't collect me on their way to the wall. Amazingly they both were able to just drive across the grass and back onto the track!

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had just exited on the pit out lane when I saw those those guys come flying across the grass with dirt flying everywhere.....I sped up to make sure they didn't collect me on their way to the wall. Amazingly they both were able to just drive across the grass and back onto the track!

The most amazing thing is they just messed up one wheel and some assorted ground effects stuff. They were very lucky indeed. That wall scared the hell out of me every time I went down the hill - especially as Randy was saying wait, wait, wait, roll on the power now gas it. I guess they waited too long...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper