Apology to Ralph Gilles and Dick Winkles

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let all the negative comments posted on the forums dash your spirits. We understand there are a load of people on the SRT team that have made massive commitments to the Gen 5 project (and 4, 3, 2, and 1). While the release of the new car is a triumph, you will never be able to appease everyone; and I've noticed in this case, Viper owners are being especially ******* the people who fought to keep the Viper marque alive.

Thank you for your continued contributions. Some of us here are really proud of your efforts!

By the way: The car looks awesome. :)

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, love the new car! Can't wait to see a ACR version........................

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The comments have to hurt, but sales volume will be up, its almost guaranteed. That car is GORGEOUS! **** lady on the beach is right!! Drive up Mulholland in that car and nobody will be complaining about the cup holders.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The more I see of it, the more I read about it, the more I think about it, the Better it gets!!!

Super Job and Car .... and ...... we get back to RACING it!!!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we really need thread complaining about complainers?
Maybe you can just post a comment on the other ten.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let all the negative comments posted on the forums I dash your spirits. We understand there are a load of people on the SRT team that have made massive commitments to the Gen 5 project (and 4, 3, 2, and 1). While the release of the new car is a triumph, you will never be able to appease everyone; and I've noticed in this case, Viper owners are being especially ******* the people who fought to keep the Viper marque alive.

Thank you for your continued contributions. Some of us here are really proud of your efforts!

By the way: The car looks awesome. :)

I agree 1000%. :2tu:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for posting a positive post and I second that :headbang::headbang::headbang: Great job Ralph, Sergio, and the whole SRT Team :usa::usa::usa:

because of you the Viper lives on

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The best part is the complainers are complainingabout a carbon fiber , lighter, higher HP/Torque, 50% stiffer chassis, bettergearing and Ferrari like interior Viper that can kick their old Vipers ass on aroad course. Guys we have an amazing car that we can all be proudof for almost the same starting price as the old one .
They can’t drive what they have but theyknow what they need -------yeh ok

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't confuse complaining with disappointment. I love the car. They brought it back(better than ever)and that they pretty much gave us everything we asked for (except 700+ hp). I don't think I ever went to a meeting where a Dodge representative spoke in the past 15 years that the number one request of any new Viper model wasn't more hp. We always got more than any current mass production car. This time we didn't. I really wanted to put my "Porsche for breakfast Ferrari for lunch" tag on my new Gen V. I miss the 90's when we were the big dog. Not just at the ring,but at any track.

Lastly, a lot of real complainers on this board constantly request changes in styling and equipment on newer models and have yet to either replace or add a newer improved Viper to their stable. I and many others have supported the Viper by buying new Vipers of multiple generations and I will buy this one,too. I think a Viper buyer is entitled to let the company know what we like and want.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not about needs Steve, it's about bragging rights! I think this is why some of us opt to build completely useless and undrivable high hp cars :lmao: theres a lot of disappointment in the final #s not the car!! I have nothing but support and respect for Ralph and SRT and that is why I am honest about not being happy with the #s. I did speak to Ralph briefly that night and thanked him and his team. I also let him know that 640 wasnt enough for the crazies like me and he knew that! Thats why he hinted that mopar has alot in the works for this car and that is why they built it with forged internals. Heck, he even thanked me and said thats why he loved the viper nation! He knows they cant please everyone, but I truly believe the car sales will speak for themselves!! On a side note, I may be crazy but I am not delusional as far my driving skills are concerned, I race a 150 hp civic and I have hard enough time keeping that car on the track :lmao:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that the Gen V is going to facilitate a lot of cup holding. Triple entendre intended.
The comments have to hurt, but sales volume will be up, its almost guaranteed. That car is GORGEOUS! **** lady on the beach is right!! Drive up Mulholland in that car and nobody will be complaining about the cup holders.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't confuse complaining with disappointment. I love the car. They brought it back(better than ever)and that they pretty much gave us everything we asked for (except 700+ hp). I don't think I ever went to a meeting where a Dodge representative spoke in the past 15 years that the number one request of any new Viper model wasn't more hp. We always got more than any current mass production car. This time we didn't. I really wanted to put my "Porsche for breakfast Ferrari for lunch" tag on my new Gen V. I miss the 90's when we were the big dog. Not just at the ring,but at any track.

Lastly, a lot of real complainers on this board constantly request changes in styling and equipment on newer models and have yet to either replace or add a newer improved Viper to their stable. I and many others have supported the Viper by buying new Vipers of multiple generations and I will buy this one,too. I think a Viper buyer is entitled to let the company know what we like and want.

Agreed!! My 02 final edition was modded to hell and back, and my 08 has every single mod without going into the engine since the tuning is locked.....

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa:And I have not seen this in any of the threads...

THANK YOU FOR HAVING IT BE BUILT IN THE USA WHERE IT SHOULD BE! PRESUMABLY BY THE SAME PEOPLE!

Well done!:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

There should be a gathering of the local Vipers when the first one comes off the line. Welcoming the workers who make this possible.

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Feedback, positive or "negative" is fine, but please contribute with courtesy and style. Viper was never designed to appeal to the masses. They definately wanted to widen the appeal of Viper without losing their core buyer. I'll vote with my wallet and purchase the GTS version.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa:And I have not seen this in any of the threads...

THANK YOU FOR HAVING IT BE BUILT IN THE USA WHERE IT SHOULD BE! PRESUMABLY BY THE SAME PEOPLE!

Well done!:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

There should be a gathering of the local Vipers when the first one comes off the line. Welcoming the workers who make this possible.

Local guys...............hell,let's all go.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Lawd, are you guys serious? These are grown men. Do you think they're gonna stop building Vipers because somebody thinks it doesn't have enough HP or doesn't like the color? If they can't take some criticism or whining they should go build Corvettes.