NEVCA Spring Opener - April 22nd

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spring Opener is upon us, and this year we will be heading south. South to Stonington, CT. Seems like the ocean just keeps calling us. Last year we went to a light house in Maine, and guess what, this year we’re doing it again. Just this time we hope for better weather. No more record ocean storms for us! We almost lost Rick last year to a rogue wave.

Expect a fun cruise, a beautiful view of the ocean, our own private parking, and tour of the light house this year. Of course lunch is a big part of the spring opener and this year the club will be buying lunch for NE members once again. Hope you like seafood!

Keep an eye out for an Evite email soon!

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All ready to go can't wait to see all the great members of the nevca

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the plan for member hook-up ??
What roads , what exit, what time ??
Are we all just meeting there at the lighthouse ? :dunno:
Anyone want to create a cruise along caravan ?? :drive:

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I have been checking into this, it's about a 4.5 hour ride for me. Looks like there are a couple of different route options that might work. We can have a couple pickup points, in MA on I-495 and either branch off to 295 or 395 around Marlborough. 395 lets us avoid most of the populated areas, but is about 12 miles extra on the trip. As far as a cruise around the area, we are going to have to look to someone more familiar with the area for that, I don't get that far down the coast very often. Let's say we can have a meeting point at the first rest stop on 495 southbound after the split from 95 at 0800, departing by 0830 SHARP. That should put us down there by 11:30.

As always, I am open to suggestions!

:usa: Nick :usa:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest a meeting spot on 495 which we have used for past events, chelmsford rest area on the south side 495, It will take myself and Glenn apox 45 minutes to this rest area from our residences and probably 2 hrs from there to stonington CT so there could be another meet spot further up on the way.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick if we have to be there in Stonington, CT for 11:30 or is it 12:00? and we want one more pick up spot after the chelmsford rest area I would suggest 8:30 at the rest area and depart by 8:45, my calculations are showing about 2.2 hrs to Stonington, CT from chelmsford so this would give plenty of time for another meet spot on the way.

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Mass Pike is part of the route some could meet at the Westboro rest stop. That would be 90 west, and the rest stop is west of 495. Route 395 south (if used), can be accessed from the Pike (rte. 90).

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See you guys at the chelmsford rest area if the weather is good

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are over due for a crapping weekend...:omg:
My lawn has been doing some kinda crazy rain dance....:dance:... :raincloud:...we had 1/4" hail, then rain , then the sun came out last week.

RT 495 sounds like a plan...:drive:....8:30 am...

:alert:...Beware of .....contributation collection agents.... :cop:

Last edited:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little confused here, who is FLX109. Bill had that aviatar name when he had the Hulk Viper. Now I see that that avaitar is yelloh and black. That person also stated he needed to register his Viper, sounds like I'm missing something here. Rick

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little confused here, who is FLX109. Bill had that aviatar name when he had the Hulk Viper. Now I see that that avaitar is yelloh and black. That person also stated he needed to register his Viper, sounds like I'm missing something here. Rick

Bill is a very wise man! Its still him. Surprise surprise :)

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:OK... I will Man-up and put the question out there....
If rain if predicted to be steady rain...::rain:...postpone or cancel or what....:dunno:
Spot Showers are one thing.... but driving in the rain for 2+ hours then again all the way home....:aargh:
Sorry but I will be the first to whine......not even close to fun at all...:crazy2:

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave and I have worked the route and timing out already. Check the evite as well.

We will be leaving the Chelmsford rest area on 495 at 10:00 sharp, so I plan on being there around 9:30 to great everyone. Our route will take us south on 495, to 290, to 295. We will have a second pick up spot possibly on 395 as we cross into CT. We are waiting to see who signs up in order to do our best to accommodate everyone. I will post soon with the second pick up spot.

Now,all good plans can go to h... if it pours on us. We will have to watch the weather as we get closer.

This is a difficult event to cancel as the schedule doesn't give us much room to reschedule it.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is going to pour all day I am out. Like Glen spot shower is one thing but raining all day. 6 hours total for me not any funn. May be we can do some run next weekend, around the autocross and give our support and watch.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there rain or shine, unless we call the whole thing due to rain. I will also plan on being at Chelmsford around 0930.

:usa: Nick :usa:

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry.... .:disappointed: Guys but count me out on this one.
The major news station are all talking 1+ " of the wet stuff...:rain:
Not thrilled about cruising...:drive:... in the rain and the stress it brings.
I kinda like my car the shape and condition it is.
See ya at the dyno event in Hudson NH....:burnout:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rick,
Never was a Aviatar or had a Aviatar, I had a 7' Hulk statue & SSG Viper once upon a time until I got the vette wave so it had to go. You do know me Rick, my name is Bill, some have avatars and some don't just can't seem to get a clear decent picture can I use yours? this bright yellow color distorts my cheapo camera pictures see you guys soon.
Bill

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you, we will not be holding this years spring opener. I know, it hurts, but hang in there, we will be cruising soon.

It's ashame too because Dave Kenny did a great job planning this one out. We won't let his work go to waste, we will do this event eventually.

On the positive side we have two more events right on the heels of this weekend. I encourage you to consider either signing up for the Autocross, or just attend sometime during the day to see what it is all about. The following weekend we have Dyno Day. This year it will be a big party with music, food, and ice cream across the street! We still have room for anyone that wants to see what there care can do on the dyno.

Have a great weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper