What to do in Savannah?

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any good input on what to do or see while in Savannah? Just arrived today and will be here til next Sunday, unfortunately we couldn't take the Viper but I have a pretty sweet rental Malibu haha.

I know Chad says the Savannah ******* is best, but not sure I can convince the wife to squeeze that in our itinerary.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being there for a week is a long time to be in Savannah. Lemme see what I can think of. In no particular order:

1. River Street (souvenir shops, bars, water front)
2. Ghost tours
3. Historical tours
4. Tybee Island (beach)

I'll add to this if I think of anything else. Hilton Head, SC is an hour away or so. It'd be a nice little day trip to go and see their beach/town. Its a nice, high income area. You may see a couple exotics running around over there. Shoot "HHI Viper" a PM, he can give you more info on that area.

OP
OP
C

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we're actually going to Tybee tmrw. We're planning on hitting hilton head one day too. Ghost tours should be fun, I saw a flyer for a haunted house featured on 'Ghost Hunters' I'd like to check out too...thanks for the suggestions!

PS....yes, a week in Savannah is going to be long haha.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2hrs north to Charleston. i prefer Charleston over savannah.

are there any plantation tours in savannah, i did one in chas and loved it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it'll help, I can send you an email saying "Hey, I heard you were in Savannah. I've never been there, can you swing by ******* and get me a t-shirt?" Show email to your wife as the explanation of why you need to go :D Follow-up with "well honey, we're already here and I am kinda hungry. We'll just eat some wings and leave" :) And then keep the shirt for yourself, I already have 1 lol

If that doesn't work, go to Carey Hilliards. They show 3 in Savannah, but this is the one I always eat at:

11111 Abercorn Street
Savannah
(912) 925-3225

No hotties serving beer and chicken wings, but a REALLY good restaurant. Good prices, great food, good portions, usually no wait time, plenty of parking, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol thanks Chad, I better just stay away from *******. We'll check out that other place you mentioned though.

Was just a couple blocks off River St in the shopping area and saw a Silver 03 SRT drive by. That was an unexpected pleasure.

Reaction score
Any good input on what to do or see while in Savannah? Just arrived today and will be here til next Sunday, unfortunately we couldn't take the Viper but I have a pretty sweet rental Malibu haha.

I know Chad says the Savannah ******* is best, but not sure I can convince the wife to squeeze that in our itinerary.

this link may help
http://www.historictours.com/savannah/

or like pumcrazy says, charleston is a bit up the road, few more interesing things

or you could take a day, drive all the way up hwy 17 to myrtle for the day, its a nice scenic ride up thru there in places, then spend the day at myrtle at the boardwalk then a nice ride back, about a 4.5 hour ride tho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs