Paxton Supercharged 2006 Coupe Build Thread

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony, what RPM are you crossing in 4th? How much more trap speed mph could you push it in 4th, or is it almost tapped out? Can you trap 160 without having to shift into 5th?

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm crossing the line at 6300 rpm, which is my rev limiter. You can hear it hit as soon as I pass the timing block. It couldn't get any closer than that. So, I'm currently geared perfectly for the 1/4-mile and my trap speed. Calculates out to 156 mph.

I'll be swapping back to 3.07 gears (3.33 now) shortly, because I have to use 5th during our roll-race airstrip events. Grabbing that extra gear costs me nearly half a car length, on a door-to-door race.

slowhatch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its amazing to me--and this is quite off topic--that andre goes 197 in the mile at mid 600s, and tony, you're crossing the traps at 209 with 1150whp. I would also venture to guess the vert has a slightly poorer overall cd.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did 209 mph, I was closer to 1000 rwhp, and I only used nitrous in 5th-6th gear. I also did it with absolutely zero aero aids, no taped up body panel gaps, no folded mirrors, no taped up grille, on factory width tires. The car makes too much power to floor the throttle until mid-3rd gear, on the Michelin 19" tires. My level of prep consisted of filling up the fuel tank, putting a fresh nitrous bottle in the trunk, and checking the tire pressure. Just like it is driven on the street.

If you haven't ran the Mile at those speeds, even 2-3 mph is a pretty big difference. 197 to 200 is a pretty large step. 197 to 209 is a very big step in power. It isn't like a mile long drag race, with full traction, and WOT all the way down. They don't allow drag radials. Wind resistance is brutal at 200+. :)

Last edited:

slowhatch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I did 209 mph, I was closer to 1000 rwhp, and I only used nitrous in 5th-6th gear. I also did it with absolutely zero aero aids, no taped up body panel gaps, no folded mirrors, no taped up grille, on factory width tires. The car makes too much power to floor the throttle until mid-3rd gear, on the Michelin 19" tires. My level of prep consisted of filling up the fuel tank, putting a fresh nitrous bottle in the trunk, and checking the tire pressure. Just like it is driven on the street.

If you haven't ran the Mile at those speeds, even 2-3 mph is a pretty big difference. 197 to 200 is a pretty large step. 197 to 209 is a very big step in power. It isn't like a mile long drag race, with full traction, and WOT all the way down. They don't allow drag radials. Wind resistance is brutal at 200+. :)

Makes a lot more sense. I figured there was more to it than met the eye, thanks for filling in the blanks.

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So with the 3.07's at 6,300rpm will that equate to 165-168mph or so in 4th?

Mdeniz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw some videos of your car in TX2K would love to hear about some of the runs there> car looked great!

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what intake is that on the paxton ? the polished pc

Turbonetics 4.0" inlet horn. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnt-10767

You'll have to trim the bottom of the bell lip, to clear the radiator fan shroud. I never dyno tested it, so I don't know if it was worth anything. At the track, the car ran the same with the Paxton filter box in place, so I just run the filter full time now. But, it sure looks cool with the bellmouth on it.

A

Alex///Venom750

Now my compressor blows stok PAXTON 7-8psi
What max pressure keeps the engine from the Viper 8.3l superharger PAXTON?

RED 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great write up. I just bought the almost twin to your car. Was built by DLM all forged built motor heads, cam paxton novi 2000 13lbs boost. AEM fuel management system put down 900rwhp on dyno. Would like to take my car to drag strip but have stock transmission an stock rearend. Not sure it would hold up on drag radials. Also stock clutch. It's 06 blue/white coupe 10k miles.

A

Alex///Venom750

I wanted to know how many stok motor keeps the pressure from Paxton?

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great write up. I just bought the almost twin to your car. Was built by DLM all forged built motor heads, cam paxton novi 2000 13lbs boost. AEM fuel management system put down 900rwhp on dyno. Would like to take my car to drag strip but have stock transmission an stock rearend. Not sure it would hold up on drag radials. Also stock clutch. It's 06 blue/white coupe 10k miles.

Half-shafts will survive if you don't dump the clutch on slicks, and avoid ANY wheel-hop. The factory clutch probably won't hold that sort of launch though.

Alex///Venom, a stock engine Gen 3 is only good for about 650-700 rwhp safely w/ the Paxton. So, basically the stock Paxton kit, no pulley.

A

Alex///Venom750

Nine Ball,What can I put the pulley for more power and does not make bad motor?

A

Alex///Venom750

I now have stock throttle .I want to throttle Venom 68mm, how much can give power to the motor Paxton?

A

Alex///Venom750

Nine Ball,
I have a question, what do you use the pump intercooler tank?

A

Alex///Venom750

Nine Ball,
I now have stock throttle .I want to throttle Venom 68mm, how much can give power to the motor Paxton?

A

Alex///Venom750

Nine Ball,
I want to use an intercooler pump rule in 2000 in the expansion tank,
I have enough power of the pump to cool the intercooler compressor?

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex, this is a build thread for my own car. I'd suggest you start a new thread for your own car, to ask these questions. I would rather just answer questions about my own car, if you can understand. Thanks.

A

Alex///Venom750

I understand you, I am sorry that I ask for your Viper, thank you for your help in the future.

A

Alex///Venom750

I want to buy a programmer SCT.
May be difficult to bring the SCT programmer on my Viper with a compressor Paxton?

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nine Ball, did you sell this car you built? And if so, who bought it?
Thanks

Jon Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a fantastic thread. Very informative. As stated in the very first post, there is a lot of searching I do, and I just come across the same results of people not really knowing what they are talking about. I'm hoping my refreshing of this thread will bring about some updates.

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a fantastic thread. Very informative. As stated in the very first post, there is a lot of searching I do, and I just come across the same results of people not really knowing what they are talking about. I'm hoping my refreshing of this thread will bring about some updates.

My biggest issue was with the "stock unported heads/intake"... why???