Get to know your Viper: On lift service review for each generation Sunday, April 22nd

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomball Viper tech Morgan has volunteered to attend our event on Sunday, April 22nd. He will be doing a walk through under the hood and under car for each of the four generations of Vipers. Here's the chance for you to learn the basics if you are unfamiliar and pick an experienced brain if you already know your way around your Viper. Want to know the most common issues that develop with your RT-10? Curious about the most common wear points for your SRT-10 if you track often? Here is your chance to talk with a tech that has a lot of experience with our cars.

Our event will be hosted by Bill on the South side. Bill's garage can accommodate a large group so no worries. He has an assortment of tools and a car lift. He has volunteered his 97 GTS as our gen 2 example to go on the lift. We need volunteers for a car walk through with the 3 other generations. Activities start at 10:00 and we expect leaving for a late lunch around 2:00 for a cruise over to Bubba's.

Just to be clear, we will not be putting each attendee's car on the lift or providing any service on cars that day. Hope you can join us.

Check your emails from the club for details on the location. You should receive one regarding this event in the next few days. Please RSVP to [email protected] by Thursday, April 19th.

Quick rundown of events to come in the next few weeks:

This weekend, April 14th: Ronald McDonald House Charity Show and Ice Cream Social
Next weekend, April 22nd: Technical walk around and lunch at Bubba's
May 5th and 6th, Keels and Wheels. Multiple club members are displaying and we will cruise down to show our support and check out the show. Details to come very shortly.
Later in May: Southside cruise. Details to come.

Last edited:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Get to know your Viper: On lift service review for each generation Sunday, April

I'll volunteer our Gen III, if you guys want to see a leaking oil pan gasket :(

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Get to know your Viper: On lift service review for each generation Sunday, April

I'll volunteer our Gen III, if you guys want to see a leaking oil pan gasket :(

Sorry for the leak, but I bet it would be helpful for those that haven't seen one to take a peak. I promise I won't point and laugh.:lmao:

Gen 1: ??
Gen 2: Bill
Gen 3: Alan
Gen 4: ??

cfisler

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This should be a pretty cool event I am looking forward to it.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Richard and I'll be there so I will be happy to volunteer Ruby Begonia (my Gen 4) . . . will get it washed up after our adventure to Road Atlanta this weekend but everyone needs to know she's not pristine:drive:

cfisler

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Richard and I'll be there so I will be happy to volunteer Ruby Begonia (my Gen 4) . . . will get it washed up after our adventure to Road Atlanta this weekend but everyone needs to know she's not pristine:drive:

You drive it like the car is meant to be driven. I think people will give you a pass haha. :)

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't rub it in. I'm trying not to sulk about my roll cage taking forever and not making Road Atlanta.

Gen 4: Beth

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not sure if I will make it but if I do we can use my old Gen.1.
Paul

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Don't rub it in. I'm trying not to sulk about my roll cage taking forever and not making Road Atlanta.

Gen 4: Beth

Are you putting a full cage in the black car Mike?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So I was at Tomball today with Josh talking to Morgan and he wasn't aware of this event lol.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

So I was at Tomball today with Josh talking to Morgan and he wasn't aware of this event lol.

Oh you mean MORGAN didnt know. Poor guy...c'mon Bernie, keep the Viper tech in the loop will ya.lol

Josh's 94 looking good huh?. I think he got some Bellangers from JonB going on soon. He's tired of his mom's car being faster:)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yep Morgan didn't know. He does now:D

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He did know, I spoke with him and asked him to do it on the phone and in person :) . I also spoke with Ben and Bernie to make sure the were fine with it. Guess I will have to remind him of our conversation

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

He did know, I spoke with him and asked him to do it on the phone and in person :) . I also spoke with Ben and Bernie to make sure the were fine with it. Guess I will have to remind him of our conversation

Go figure. Well it was Saturday and I could tell he was tired, probably just forgot.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spoke with Morgan this AM, he is definitely going to be there. This will be a very informative event as Morgan has ton's of experience. Even since the last tech day he did. The big difference with this event is we are running it at an owner's house. This will allow us to take as much or as little time as we need.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks Tim looking forward to it. In the middle of installing my new headers now so a drive this weekend will keep me motivated to finish them up.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Thanks Tim looking forward to it. In the middle of installing my new headers now so a drive this weekend will keep me motivated to finish them up.

Yo take pics of the install yo.

Please:)

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I might join in on this, seems like an informative event!

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You'll like this event.

Hey Andy, planning on it, looks like its gonna be a drive away for me coming from the Washington area to close to Kemah/Texas City. Ill be there, weather permitting in the Viper, else I'll just come in my daily ******.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score

this type of event is a a great thing! i have put on a few and folks always come away with great info! but don't knock the gen 1 guys...we were the trend setters ;)

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

20 have said they will be there at this point. Please let us know by tomorrow night if you plan to attend. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

20 have said they will be there at this point. Please let us know by tomorrow night if you plan to attend. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Mike, will we be able to check out that new roll cage this weekend?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

I wish I could attend, but as usual I have to work.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thought I wasn't going to make it but just realized this is Sunday:). Sweet got another day to finish things up!

Last edited:

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh man, I was looking forward to attend this but I had plans switch up and can't make it. Bummed about not getting that info on the gen2's :(

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Thought I wasn't going to make it but just realized this is Sunday:). Sweet got another day to finish things up!

And how do the headers sound.? Notice any improvement, SOTP?