Thread: Ferrari's guys in the Ferrari forum talking about the new Viper

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Viper Owner

Default Ferrari's guys in the Ferrari forum talking about the new Viper

I've seen posts on what Corvette guys think about the new Viper. Just thought i would share what the Ferrari's guy in the new F12 section think of the new Viper aesthetically speaking..."F12 vs Viper".

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=362659

The consensus prefer the Ferrari over the Viper. A lot feel that the Viper either look too cartoonish and/or dated and/or the front looks too busy.
    Last edited by SSR9999; 04-11-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Enthusiast

Default Re: Ferrari's guys in the Ferrari forum talking about the new Viper

"Maybe the front lights are too small and too "asian-ish". The angle also looks weird."

What exactly is "asian-ish"!!?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mom View Post
    "Maybe the front lights are too small and too "asian-ish". The angle also looks weird."

What exactly is "asian-ish"!!?
    This?

I guess they're talking about GT-R, 350Z/370Z, Lexus, Celica and those kinds of headlights... I dunno. Funny thing is, Ferrari got their own share of "Asian-ish" front ends then...

Enthusiast

^^LOL.....They have the same problem I have with the Viper headlights. The headlights are too small and too far apart not to mention they looks like "lady" snake eyes with those LED's. They look like eyelashes especially from the headon view with the lights on. Kinda like this lol. 400_F_11135058_2PgNN68W1oiXQyI9ITH7M6Lq7S00fvgX.jpg

2013-SRT-Viper-front-end.jpg
    Last edited by SnakeBitten; 04-11-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Enthusiast

THe more I see the new Viper the more my feelings reverse. I really like the rear but the front looks strange. Definitely not Viper-ish to me.

Defining "Viper-ish". If there were no badges on, and if I'd never seen the SRT-10 (GenIII) or the SRT GTS (Gen V), and both were driving towards me, I'd immediately know the gen III was a Viper. I'd have no idea on earth what the Gen V was. Keep in mind this is coming straight at me, not at an angle. With that said, I never was a huge fan of the GenIII/IV.

Viper Owner

The idea is to keep everybody looking at the tail lights anyway Especially them

Viper Owner

Pretty good respect for the Viper for the most part though. Not the bash-fest I expected to read.

Viper Owner

I am a member of F Chat and many in the forum really like the new Viper and the performance specs. In a poll against the new 740hp F12 ( coming out at end of year for $380,000.00) the Viper did well ( 21%) against the Ferrari and garnered a lot of compliments.
    Some are unhappy the F car is not avail in a manual trans.

VCA Member
    Central North Florida

It's a Ferrari forum, of course they know a great car when they see one. But I doubt many people who can afford a 300K sports car give a damn if the Viper is faster or not. Driving a sports car should be a memorable experience which includes but is not limited to speed.
    Chuck 98 RT/10
    BabelMotorsports.net
    SAFEMotorsports.com

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10 View Post
    It's a Ferrari forum, of course they know a great car when they see one. But I doubt many people who can afford a 300K sports car give a damn if the Viper is faster or not. Driving a sports car should be a memorable experience which includes but is not limited to speed.
    One of the best quotes I've read on any auto forum. I'm an old fart and I've owned many makes of sports cars and the power is nice, but it's the overall feeling after you park it.....going out to the garage just to look at it before you go to bed (even after you've had it for years)......owning it for several years and enjoying it as much as the day you bought it........I'm still smiling after my first Viper test drive

Viper Owner

Maybe the front lights are too small and too "asian-ish".
    Yeah, the more I see those front headlights the more I hate them. The rest of the car, not too bad.

Viper Owner

You guys are killing me with what car is more better looking...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That said...remember cars are like women. The one you think is the prettiest isn't always the better one in the sack! In this case sack being drivers seat. Plus, I always go out with the girl that I can afford and not to expensive to maintain. In other words I look at beauty to expense ratio, and the viper won this hands down!

Viper Owner

Having gone from a 2009 ACR to an F430 Scud I can say the experience of cars is totally different.....Hands down the Viper was faster than the F-car....the new Viper is intrigueing and I'll have to actually see it in person to make a final decision....the interior looks very nice compared to the Gen IV which I thought wasn't great....I always said though you buy a Viper for what's under the hood and what happens when you step on the gas pedal.....I will also say I won't be selling the Ferrari for a new Viper.....having owned many sports cars I can say (for me) there is nothing quite like the sound and feel of a Ferrari.....

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by kennyhemi View Post
    You guys are killing me with what car is more better looking...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That said...remember cars are like women. The one you think is the prettiest isn't always the better one in the sack! In this case sack being drivers seat. Plus, I always go out with the girl that I can afford and not to expensive to maintain. In other words I look at beauty to expense ratio, and the viper won this hands down!
    PERFECT analogy !

They have the nerve to say the new viper looks cartoonish next to that hideous F12? To me, Ferrari styling has gone down hill.

VCA Member
    Virginia / Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10 View Post
    OK, first off, who are you & what have you done with Chuck? LoL.

+1 on this, anyone into cars, well 99%, would have to give props where they are due, and the Gen5 is due, and I'm sure when the perf #s come out, it'll be even more so. But certainly, yes, when you get into the mind of someone willing to pay $300K for a car, you're into a whole new world of thought and speed / perf is one of many aspects. (I'm guessing, cause I'm definitely not in that $300K crowd)
    2008 Black SRT/10 Vert (is there any other color) - Past Snakes: '00 RT/10; '03 SRT/10
    Gen5 once SRT gets the options to my liking ...

Viper Owner

What?! Most of them aren't going to trade in their Ferraris for one? This would open up the supply for cheaper Ferraris.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
    They have the nerve to say the new viper looks cartoonish next to that hideous F12? To me, Ferrari styling has gone down hill.
    If the Gen V is a naked woman on the beach, then the F12 must have been designed with this in mind:
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gilly6993 View Post
    Having gone from a 2009 ACR to an F430 Scud I can say the experience of cars is totally different.....Hands down the Viper was faster than the F-car....the new Viper is intrigueing and I'll have to actually see it in person to make a final decision....the interior looks very nice compared to the Gen IV which I thought wasn't great....I always said though you buy a Viper for what's under the hood and what happens when you step on the gas pedal.....I will also say I won't be selling the Ferrari for a new Viper.....having owned many sports cars I can say (for me) there is nothing quite like the sound and feel of a Ferrari.....
    Luv the 430 scud, one of my favorite cars. I actually prefer it to the 458.

Viper Owner

I know looks are subjective, but the F12 is HIDEOUS. The F12 has got to be the ugliest Ferrari since the Mondial. I mean, the front end is just wack. They say the GENV front end is busy? The F12 reminds me of Joan Rivers. No matter how much plastic surgery you do to it, it will still be scary ugly. And that's just the front side, don't get me started on the backside...

The F12 is a P****
    Last edited by klamathpro; 04-14-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Enthusiast

I could not agree more, but the F12 will be very fast!

Quote Originally Posted by klamathpro View Post
    I know looks are subjective, but the F12 is HIDEOUS. The F12 has got to be the ugliest Ferrari since the Mondial. I mean, the front end is just wack. They say the GENV front end is busy? The F12 reminds me of Joan Rivers. No matter how much plastic surgery you do to it, it will still be scary ugly. And that's just the front side, don't get me started on the backside...

The F12 is a P****

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Castellano View Post
    I could not agree more, but the F12 will be very fast!
    Yeah! But not as fast a viper with a twin turbo.....plus the 250k I get to keep and buy a vacation home and take someone that possesses something like the picture on the right and PARTY!!!

Enthusiast

Yeah! But not as fast a viper with a twin turbo.....plus the 250k I get to keep and buy a vacation home and take someone that possesses something like the picture on the right and PARTY!!!
    Kenny, that's for sure!

Enthusiast

Hard to top that and pretty much right on.

Viper Owner

Watch "that thing on the right" though ! It's taken down many a good man
    Last edited by v10enomous; 04-18-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by v10enomous View Post
    HILARIOUS comment

lol v10enemous

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by v10enomous View Post
    I opt for the lease version...no wait! rental would be best if you can get away with it. But if you buy it, it's going to be expensive. Whether you keep it or want to get rid of it.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
    THe more I see the new Viper the more my feelings reverse. I really like the rear but the front looks strange. Definitely not Viper-ish to me.
    With the utmost respect to the SRT designers, I am having trouble warming up to the front end too. Headlights do look small and know it has LED's, but missing the fogs....maybe in due time it will grow on me. Otherwise, I LOVE the styling of the car from the front axle back. The interior is amazing too.

Viper Owner

I opt for the lease version...no wait! rental would be best if you can get away with it. But if you buy it, it's going to be expensive. Whether you keep it or want to get rid of it.
    Marriage is Grand .... Divorce is about a 100 Grand

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast