Poll - Your Thoughts on Custom Stripe for my Custom White/Black/Red Vert/Coupe

Which Color Scheme

• Total voters

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. I'd like to think I'm getting close to picking out the final paint scheme for my project Viper and I fell in love with the White/Black/Red ACR scheme, and want to do something just a bit different than stock. Two possible options I came up with is the red drivers stripe with the same total width, but having a thin accent stripe on each side. The other possibility was a very thin stripe right down the center the width of the Fangs emblem, also with accent stripes on each edge. Thoughts, comments, additional idaes using the same 3 colors? (After seeing Austin and ArnarFB's photoshops, I'm almost embarrased to show these pics - but you get the general idea.)

It will have a the acr splitter up front and the coupe rear end (no wing) and I would continue the stripe on the rear decklid. She might also have just a little custom work done to the engine to add a little more GO to the show .....

You must be registered for see images attach

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would honestly only consider the ACR stripe...I understand it's going to be a custom Viper regardless, but I think the fact that people might think it was factory will be the best route

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitely not the middle option

Plus 1 on the center stripe. The driver's stripe also looks a little busy to me. Go over to the Gen V forum and look at the crayon thread. That guy has some brilliant ideas for the Gen 5, some of which might translate well on a Gen 3/4.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ditto on keeping it like the ACR stripe, and definitely not a a center stripe.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Single red ACR stripe with NO chasers.

OP
OP
R

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
OK - I'm hearing the "not feeling the love" with my two options. Any other suggestions that are just a bit different than stock? I am planning to Black Chrome the six spokes as a side-note. What about this stripe combination - still keeping the white/black/Viper Red paint? I liked this original picture, and did not like the wider stripe that was actually produced. I don't have the talent to photoshop this stripe onto my pictures and have put out a plea to Arnar after seeing his incredible pictures that he did of the Gen 5 for his creative ideas as well. I also like the single "Chaser" that Black Mamba added to his drivers stripe as well if I go more traditional.

Viperjon - I do love the look of your Viper!

Last edited:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket, I love the Canada edition center stripe. I also see nothing wrong with either of your other ones. You need to do what you like best. My preference = Canada Edition stripe!!!

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I opted against the dual accent stripes on the drivers stripe because it looked too busy. I have one accent stripe on the drivers side of my drivers stripe and I think that looks great!

I also had the grill done all black, just to set it apart from factory.

Last edited:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a nice example of a drivers stripe with chasers.

You must be registered for see images

Maybe this?

Or you could go VooDoo

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the driver side stripe looks much better than the middle stripe. I chose other in the poll because I didn't like the look of the double chasers. I think single chaser as in the orange car looks good for that extra touch. C.Hermsen car looks great. But I think doing the grill black won't look good on a white car.

Also from the photoshops that ArnarFB made for the Gen5. I really liked this two paint schemes that are not factory like:

I'm thinking something like this but keeping your white sides and with chromed black wheels would probably look cool on your gen4.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Fangs strip looks good too. Maybe outlined in a different color. Or do a snakeskin stripe of some type.

Bruce

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm totally in the minority here, but I really like the center stripe. It's different and think in person it'd actually be badass. Just my opinion of course. I also like the white driver stripe idea that Andy mentioned.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, these look absolutely awesome!

I think the driver side stripe looks much better than the middle stripe. I chose other in the poll because I didn't like the look of the double chasers. I think single chaser as in the orange car looks good for that extra touch. C.Hermsen car looks great. But I think doing the grill black won't look good on a white car.

Also from the photoshops that ArnarFB made for the Gen5. I really liked this two paint schemes that are not factory like:

I'm thinking something like this but keeping your white sides and with chromed black wheels would probably look cool on your gen4.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - I liked this original picture, and did not like the wider stripe that was actually produced.

Also like the original picture of the Canada Viper.

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4