Thank You SRT and Ralph Gilles!

STL RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for keeping our beloved car alive. I was at the gala and couldn't resist seeing the GTS & GTS-R again at the auto show a couple of days later. I'm quite glad I did as I arrived just in time to see the GTS rumble through the middle of the show at 11 A.M. after an appearance at the Today show that morning. What a sight to see. The gala was incredible. So much time was put into it and we got to see many auto show exhibits (interior demo, engine demo in plexiglass case, etc.) in advance. I had the pleasure of speaking with Ralph a couple of times during the evening and I have never met a more approachable CEO. One can truly tell that his heart is in his job.

I'm ignoring the naysayers on this forum. If you didn't see it in person, there is no need to comment. Photos and words don't do justice. I love the rough edges and bare bones interior on my Gen II, but it was time for the car to be refined. I had the opportunity to sit in the Gen V and I would love to have these seats, the additional leg and headroom (I'm 6'2") that are in this car. It is absolutely beautiful. Hats off to Ralph and SRT. Thank you for all of the efforts with making this dream a reality! The Viper lives and there is no better American Muscle out there!

:usa:

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to see it in person. The SRT team really knocked it out of the park with this one.

In 1992 a Fuel injected Cobra is what the world needed. Today, a 4500 pound Mercedes is almost as fast. The new Viper needs to be a little more than it has been in the past. It's not about broader market appeal, it's about giving you your money's worth. An $80,000 car, such as my Gen III, shouldn't have the interior quality of a sub $20,000 car.

Different people have different opinions of what a Viper is, or should be. My opinion is that performance should be the first priority, then style, and finally comfort.

The GEN V, from pictures, will be one of the best looking cars on the road, and according to specs, maybe one of the best performing cars at any price. Nice leather, better seats, more room, navigation, traction control and all that will make it a great place to be. You'll no longer see 8 year old vipers for sale with <10,000 miles. The new cars will be driven.

I'm really glad a car guy is in charge of SRT, and more importantly, his boss also appears to be a car guy.

~Jay

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a former Porsche guy (x3), I'm really excited to have a deposit in on the new viper... It is so very evident that the Gen V was a labor of love, and I'm excited to own something with a little more soul than my 911 turbo, which while a complete beast, just lacked excitement. I really think the SRT team did a terrific job and I think this car will finally draw in a lot of owners from different brands that stayed away from previous generations of Viper due to build & interior quality.

My only disappointment is that the ACR won't be available right away.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a former Porsche guy (x3), I'm really excited to have a deposit in on the new viper... It is so very evident that the Gen V was a labor of love, and I'm excited to own something with a little more soul than my 911 turbo, which while a complete beast, just lacked excitement. I really think the SRT team did a terrific job and I think this car will finally draw in a lot of owners from different brands that stayed away from previous generations of Viper due to build & interior quality.

My only disappointment is that the ACR won't be available right away.

You're going to love the torque! I had the privilege of driving a friend's 911 Turbo, and while it is an amazing car in every way, I really enjoyed how it felt to get back into my Viper with it's big brutal American engine.

Welcome to the family!

~Jay

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Definitely looking forward to it... The dealer I placed a deposit with said that the ordering process begins in September with a targeted delivery of December, approximately... ugh, talk about a long wait!

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all are very correct,the Porsche 911 Turbos are beasts.That is exectly why I will keep my 911 Turbo S(PDK) and add a Black Gen.5 to the fleet.Just as soon as I can get one.Great job SRT.

The Gen.5 will be my 4th.Viper....