Wanna talk Gen 5 Vipers? SRT Chat HERE on April 24th>>>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Can the ride height be changed by the owner? In other words are they fixed coil overs as in previous years or adjustable perches? I have a feeling the "show" car is lower than the "production" car. Is this the case? Thanks for keeping the dream alive!

They are fixed coil overs as in previous years, and the show car was slightly lower than the production car.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
1. I note that you added a "battery run down protection and vehicle storage mode". Congrats on that. Where is the battery located? Same place as Gen III/IV or different?
Battery located in the back
2. What spark plugs are being used? Useful life?
same spark plugs as the last vehicle
3. What is the procedure to remove and reinstall the cross brace shown above the engine for better engine access?
remove 8 bolts and lift off, will regage with bolts

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Dan Cragin, of DC Performance has closed his shop recently.

Would there be any place at SRT where someone with his Vast experience and great dedication to the Viper could be valuable.

There are quite a few other experienced Viper Techs that have opened Viper oriented service facilities. Most prefer to go there instead of Dodge dealerships for many reasons.

Could there be a way to integrate these very popular ViperTechs into the SRT service solution? Maybe a way for them to do warranty work?

I know that Vipers are really well made, and super dependable, and rarely need servicing, but we really want to support these independent guys.

This doesn't directly address your independant guys, but when Sergio first showed the Viper to dealers in 2010, he said it would be available at “select” dealers, so that is our plan. Dealers will have to have Viper certified techs to be able to sell the cars. Those technicians will have to pass a number of prerequisites and then travel to a handful of locations that will teach the Viper courses. It will be a pretty extensive requirement. Vipers will also be allocated to these dealers based on SRT and historic Viper sales, so tell your dealer to sell a bunch of SRTs if he wants to get Vipers.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
What does the stripe configuration look like?

The stance is much lower in the wheel wells than previous GEN's, can you elaborate?

What kind of Downforce is the new body style generating with the addition of the new ducts in the hood, and will you be able to tell a difference from the Standard SRT hood?

Thanks for keeping Viper alive

Bruce Kenkel

- The Gen V will launch with two unique stripe patterns. One for the SRT Viper and one for the GTS Viper model. Both stripe patterns will be faithful to the Viper heritage (don't want to totally spoil the surprise yet!)
- The Gen V ride height (ground clearance) is similar to previous Vipers but the body to wheel gaps have been noticeably tightened. The wheel gaps on the yellow pilot/prototype vehicles are not to the production intended specification.
- The Gen V will make downforce not lift. We haven't published final numbers yet because we are still tweaking the underbody aerodynamics.

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Welcome SRT! Thanks for being here and congrats on the new cars and being the hit of the NYC Show!

When does it open up to place an order?

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Some of the forums have featured some pretty spectacular photoshops of the Gen V with different paint schemes.

Could SRT offer custom paint services for those of us that want something different than the standard stripes, but still wish to maintain that factory quality?

We really like the idea and have talked about it a lot, but for the time being we are going to concentrate on our existing plan. Maybe down the road…

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
I love my Gen IV ACR so much (thanks to you guys' great work) that I don't think I'll be replacing it with another coupe anytime soon, however I wouldn't mind adding another car that's more street friendly. So I have narrowed my choice down to either a Nissan GT-R or Viper Vert with a twin clutch transmission. It is common knowledge that a twin clutch transmission is being evaluted and I'd like to know if you guys are making good progress on it and if this is going to be a similar unit as used by Ferrari.

We looked at the DCT the Ferrari uses. The Viper puts out too much torque for it.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity are the TC and EC systems compatible with gen3/4 powertrain?

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
SRT CHAT is NOW LIVE

Did some from Design and Marketing make it onto the chat?

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how long it will be before we start seeing the new Viper competatively racing in Europe?
It would be awsome to see her kicking ass again at the Nurburgring an Le Mans.

The Viper GTS-R will be racing in the ALMS this year starting in the middle the season. In future years look for it at European tracks.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Regarding the convertible version. Is the top going to be powered?

Probably confidential but can't blame for asking. Have you considered the possibility of a retractable hardtop as opposed to a softop or the weight of such system makes it non-practical for a viper?

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
First and foremost I'd like to say thanks and kudos to Ralph Gilles and wonderful guys at SRT for setting up this question and answer forum...Great Idea!!....

1- My first question and most important question is: What's the price going to be for the new Gen. V Viper. Will It cost around the rumored $137,000 price tag? If possible can I get specifics on base and fully loaded models.

2- Will there be special incentives for VCA Members to purchase this vehicle; if so then what are they? Also will there be any special leasing options for VCA Members?

3- I know this question may be a bit premature for such a new car; but i'll ask it anyway. Since I'm a big fan of convertibles..Will they release a convertible model and if so what type will it be; a soft top or hard top?

Pricing has not yet been finalized on the Vipers so we can’t answer that question. Since it hasn’t been finalized, I have no idea where $137K came from. It looks like we will be able to give VCA members priority on builds, so if you put your up-to-date VCA member number on your order, then we will move it to the front of the line. Can't talk about roadsters yet.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Afternoon! Thanks for taking time to talk to us :)

Are the current downforce numbers in the same vicinity as the Gen III & IV? more or less?

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Will there still be a Mopar off road PCM available for the new configuration or will the old one still work?

If the shocks are changed on the GTS will the stability/traction systems still function?

Are the offsets/back spacing of the front wheels changed with the new width?

Does the lowered shifter still have a rubber isolator and is it different then the 2010 ACR shifter and knob?

I just want to say also that you guys did a wonderful job! Although some have wondered why not this and why not that, in person I did not see anything I did not love. Thanks to all of you for resurrecting the most potent Viper ever!

One question per post, please.
1) Yes, there will be a mopar pcm. The old one won't work.
2) Yes.
3) Yes. Offset is reduced approximately 8mm
4) Yes and Yes
5) Thx. We love you too!

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Any changes on the Sales experience? SRT trained sales people, Certified Viper Tech, Minimum inventory.

Bruce

For 2013 dealers will have to have Viper certified techs to be able to sell the cars. Those technicians will have to pass a number of prerequisites and then travel to a handful of locations that will teach the Viper courses. It will be a pretty extensive requirement. Vipers will also be allocated to these dealers based on SRT and historic Viper sales, so tell your dealer to sell a bunch of SRTs if he wants to get Vipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper