Wanna talk Gen 5 Vipers? SRT Chat HERE on April 24th>>>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Tuesday, April 24th. 6:00 to 8:00 EST ( 5:00 Central ; 4:00 Mountain and 3:00 Pacific.)

Our friends from SRT will be here to talk GEN 5 ~ 2013 SRT Vipers.

Now this is your chance to chat directly with SRT employees about the new car. The engineers will be here and may bring along some friends from other departments like Design and Marketing.... :2tu:

As always, we encourage you to start posting questions here immediately. Our web staff will consolidate those questions into one reply before the actual chat starts and SRT will review them beforehand as well.

As in prior chats, we reserve the right to edit or delete those questions that SRT cannot answer due to company policy as well as any posts that are disrespectful to our guests.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come the car does not have 700 hp, and why does it have to cost $137,000 : >)

Seriously though, I had pretty much made up my mind to buy a Mercedes SL as I wanted some additional creature comforts, and driving the raw Viper was getting a bit old hat, but now seeing the fantastic new interior, all the refinements and the beautiful body in carbon fiber, the merc is dead meat, and I need the new Viper. Thank you for not allowing me to get that fuddy duddy.

What market demographics is the new Viper targeted for?

What differences would a previous Viper owner notice when driving the new car.?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin, of DC Performance has closed his shop recently.

Would there be any place at SRT where someone with his Vast experience and great dedication to the Viper could be valuable.

There are quite a few other experienced Viper Techs that have opened Viper oriented service facilities. Most prefer to go there instead of Dodge dealerships for many reasons.

Could there be a way to integrate these very popular ViperTechs into the SRT service solution? Maybe a way for them to do warranty work?

I know that Vipers are really well made, and super dependable, and rarely need servicing, but we really want to support these independent guys.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the forums have featured some pretty spectacular photoshops of the Gen V with different paint schemes.

Could SRT offer custom paint services for those of us that want something different than the standard stripes, but still wish to maintain that factory quality?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does the stripe configuration look like?

The stance is much lower in the wheel wells than previous GEN's, can you elaborate?

What kind of Downforce is the new body style generating with the addition of the new ducts in the hood, and will you be able to tell a difference from the Standard SRT hood?

Thanks for keeping Viper alive

Bruce Kenkel

Reaction score
Will there still be a Mopar off road PCM available for the new configuration or will the old one still work?

If the shocks are changed on the GTS will the stability/traction systems still function?

Are the offsets/back spacing of the front wheels changed with the new width?

Does the lowered shifter still have a rubber isolator and is it different then the 2010 ACR shifter and knob?

I just want to say also that you guys did a wonderful job! Although some have wondered why not this and why not that, in person I did not see anything I did not love. Thanks to all of you for resurrecting the most potent Viper ever!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, thanks for taking the time to sit and answer all of our questions!

My question is what was changed engine wise to gain the 40 extra HP? Tuning? Head work? Intake? Exhaust? Just cubes?

Thanks,

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The exhaust on the GTS sounds different than the 2010. More "bite". What changed and what were the goals regarding the sound?

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Marv--
I'd like to know if the Gen 5 still has the same window regulator mechanism that the Gen 3 and Gen 4 has. I've asked the Grail Keeper also if he knows from some of his buddies. I'm asking, not to be a party downer, but to kind of make a point with SRT that they really need to step up to the plate and fix this obvious flaw. There has been so many failures that if the window was safety related there would have been a recall forced by the Feds. I'm still hoping that SRT will step up with a fix and do the right thing.---Dave

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will painting be done in-house? If so what is the process?

Are the wheels powder coated with clear or painted?

The car still has a high coefficient of drag 0.365? Done on purpose for down force? EPA estimates?

Tires filled with nitrogen or air?

Side exhaust decibels?

0-60?

100-0?

Standing mile est?

0-100-0?

1/4 mile est time and mph?

Top speed? (est of course ;) )

Last edited:

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how long it will be before we start seeing the new Viper competatively racing in Europe?
It would be awsome to see her kicking ass again at the Nurburgring an Le Mans.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any changes on the Sales experience? SRT trained sales people, Certified Viper Tech, Minimum inventory.

Bruce

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the ride height be changed by the owner? In other words are they fixed coil overs as in previous years or adjustable perches? I have a feeling the "show" car is lower than the "production" car. Is this the case? Thanks for keeping the dream alive!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the intake manifold on the GEN V ('13 SRT Viper) able to be swapped over to a GEN IV ('08-'10 Dodge Viper)? Also, if this could be done is there any benefit in ding so?

Last edited:

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for letting us pick your brains at the Gen V intro in New York. It was nice to meet you guys in person. My question is:

With all the Federally mandated controls now integrated into the Gen V Viper. What data will be recorded in the air bag deployment "Black Box". Also, what tools would be needed to download any such data.:ponder:

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baiting here:

Will the computer codes to unlock (for tuning purposes) the engine management system be released? Or will the only option for power adders come from SRT?

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
imploding windows again. some coupes still have windows that implode on gen 4 cars. some when driving, some when parked. when is srt going to take it more seriously? are we going to wait till we have a serious collision when driving, caused by broken glass in face? it is only a matter of time.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Gen IV ACR so much (thanks to you guys' great work) that I don't think I'll be replacing it with another coupe anytime soon, however I wouldn't mind adding another car that's more street friendly. So I have narrowed my choice down to either a Nissan GT-R or Viper Vert with a twin clutch transmission. It is common knowledge that a twin clutch transmission is being evaluted and I'd like to know if you guys are making good progress on it and if this is going to be a similar unit as used by Ferrari.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did SRT go with Bilstein's Damptronic shocks on the GTS, instead of Dephi's magnetorheological shocks used extensively by Ferrari as I really like the Ferrari's shocks vs. the Damptronics on Porsches.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin, of DC Performance has closed his shop recently.

Would there be any place at SRT where someone with his Vast experience and great dedication to the Viper could be valuable.

There are quite a few other experienced Viper Techs that have opened Viper oriented service facilities. Most prefer to go there instead of Dodge dealerships for many reasons.

Could there be a way to integrate these very popular ViperTechs into the SRT service solution? Maybe a way for them to do warranty work?

I know that Vipers are really well made, and super dependable, and rarely need servicing, but we really want to support these independent guys.

This is what Dan Cragin sent to me. It appears he will still go out of his way to help out his customers.

Click Here if you do not own this vehicle.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM DC PERFORMANCE

D C Performance Inc

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday CLOSED

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Viper,
License:
Mileage Last Visit: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ron Nichols,

DC Performance regrets that we are closing for business. It has been a privilege to work with all of you for the past 10 years. For most of you, your car defines who you are and your passion for life, thanks for including us in that.

Economic times are hard and unfortunately we were not able to whether this storm. You are very important to us and we are here to help you if you need us. I will be making new roots in the next few weeks and rest assured I will be contacting all of you. If you need immediate help, I can refer you so do not hesitate to call.

Dan Cragin and the DC Performance team.

To view your vehicle service history online, click this link or copy and paste it into your web browser:
http://www.OwnerAutoSite.com?AccessCode=DDA2KGMD

Sincerely,

Dan Cragin
D C Performance Inc

Please print this email and bring it to the service facility.

You are receiving this email as a customer of the above business. If you have received this email in error and/or no longer wish to receive email reminders, unsubscribe here.

ViperDaleE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a timeline for a convertable or ACR that you can tell us about? I know the policy about future product so no is an acceptable answer but a guy has to plan ahead when we are talking about a $100k car. Please tell me what you can.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. What is the difference in cooling efficiency between the GTS and SRT Viper hoods?

2. Does the difference in the hoods affect top speed or the time within which top speed can be reached?

3. What is the difference in settings between the track setting on the GTS suspension and the setting on the SRT suspension? In other words, will a GTS with a track pack with the suspension set for the track, even though it is 74 pounds heavier, beat an SRT with a track pack on a road course?

4. Did you consider the use of a front fascia camera as an option? The rear facing camera is nice but of limited utility.

5. Is the launch control adjustable or is it a fixed setting?

6. What half shafts were used? Will they tolerate 1000 HP?

Last edited:

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First and foremost I'd like to say thanks and kudos to Ralph Gilles and wonderful guys at SRT for setting up this question and answer forum...Great Idea!!....

1- My first question and most important question is: What's the price going to be for the new Gen. V Viper. Will It cost around the rumored $137,000 price tag? If possible can I get specifics on base and fully loaded models.

2- Will there be special incentives for VCA Members to purchase this vehicle; if so then what are they? Also will there be any special leasing options for VCA Members?

3- I know this question may be a bit premature for such a new car; but i'll ask it anyway. Since I'm a big fan of convertibles..Will they release a convertible model and if so what type will it be; a soft top or hard top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper