Another New Owner

Sarge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a year long search I finally found the car I wanted. Happy to say it's in my garage now. Picked up a yellow 05' that has a few mods. Exhaust,
shifter, throttle body and air cleaners. Has an aftermarket radio / NAV. already done.

Ordered a set of 09' 6 spokes from VPA. Will put a set of new Michelin Pilot SS when the wheels arrive.

Like so many of you I have been looking at these cars since I first read about them in the early 90's

Looking forward to years of enjoyment.

You must be registered for see images attach

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brings back fond memories of my last viper! Great color! Great car! Congrats!:)

viperscott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congratulations. Nice car.
inspect carefully rims you will receive from VPA since their original quality is really poor. I know for the fact that I am not only one having this problem.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper community,.....watch out for cops.:crazy2:....I don't think the 10 spokes ****, but the 6 spoke wheels are definitely cooler.......Although, the cops don't seem to care which wheels are on the car at any particular given time... I have both, and it never matters to them.

OP
OP
S

Sarge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the comments.

I'm changing the wheels because the stocks were chromed in a previous life. The chrome is pitted I wanted to get the car looking better.

Scott hopefully the wheels I ordered are OK. VPA told they are new in the box coming from Mopar. Is new wheel quality a problem?

I'd appreciate any feedback although I already paid for them. Seems like they are a good vendor that backs their stuff up. Hope you get your issues squared away.

Just replaced the 7 year old OEM battery this morning.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow is only faster on the 458 Italia. Red is the faster color on Vipers. Venom Red is even faster. I can't believe you guys are still debating this.

Reaction score
congratulations. Nice car.
inspect carefully rims you will receive from VPA since their original quality is really poor. I know for the fact that I am not only one having this problem.
Scott -

You must have us confused with somebody else. The 6-spoke wheels we sell are brand new in the box directly from Mopar. Not eBay overstock or anything else - but directly from Mopar in the original sealed box.

It doesn't appear that you have ever purchased wheels from us, but did purchase a brand new Gen IV radiator in 2011 that was shipped the same day and received without complaint two days later.

Rest assured that if anybody is unhappy with something purchased from us we take care of it every single time. The only complaint we have ever received on wheels was in June of 2010 when a gentleman received one (of four) 5-spoke wheels from us and said it had a scratch on it. We offered to replace it and he said it was no big deal - he was going to powdercoat them anyway.

Thank you for your support,

Jerry

viperscott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have completely nothing against VPA !! more - I personally like you !!!
you understood me wrong way or I wrote it wrong way.
Sorry in my english confused you.
I stated "original" - and I meant - factory quality...
rims quality - not VPA service quality
I checked receipt - I bought mine from other place, but name really doesn't matter since it is about RIMS, not vendor
I received fronts very fast and I know that the rest is not vendor fault. Probably all of you (vendors) don't even open original boxes. I just suggested to inspect rims right after receiving because I know my story - I opened boxes with fronts in my garage just to check if they are not hit or scratched anywhere and let rims to stay there for few months. After I bought rears later (from other place since *** were sold out on rears) - I installed new tires on them and left them in garage another month. 2 weeks ago I put those wheels on my newer snake, cleaned them, and looked closely on them... Clear coat on mines doesn't look nice. They are brand new, have quality ctrl stickers and they are painted poorely.
I bought them few months back, have tires already installed, and I found out more than few bad spots now... little too late to do anything about it. This is ONLY reason and friendly advice that I stated to inspect them carefully in good light. With me it is not so big deal since I use car to drive it, many things can happen (especially to rims), and I will probably also powdercoat them anyway after this season, but I know for the fact some guys here are more (or too) detail oriented.
I know another guy who has story similar to me, I myself bought fronts from one place, rears from the other (similar new clear coat condition) - so for me it looks more like common problem... FACTORY, not VPA or other vendor problem.
my other opinion - '09 rims look nice, they are really light, but also - they are very, very fragile. Stuff what will just leave curb on gen3 10 spokes, will bent those... Personally I would use heavier, but way stronger 10 spokes for tracking.
but it is just mine-freshman opinion. Maybe it is obvious for all the rest...

all the best for VPA

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks great. I did 6 spokes on my 03, loved them so much I just did a set on my 08. Very light and a different look while still being SRT gear. You'll love the SS tires too, I just put them on this week, onlAgain few miles on them but can tell they're quiet, smooth, and hook up nice. Welcome and enjoy!

Reaction score
I have completely nothing against VPA !! more - I personally like you !!!
...I checked receipt - I bought mine from other place, but name really doesn't matter since it is about RIMS, not vendor

No worries, we take customer satisfaction very, very personally and am glad to hear it wasn't us. There is also something very important to note, and this will amuse you: OEM parts are like bananas.

When you buy your Chiquita banana and see that Chiquita label on it, that means it has been inspected and approved by Chiquita for sale. That doesn't mean that they actually grew those bananas - chances are good that other producers did. That producer could grown millions of bananas, many of which are too small, overripe, bruised, etc. They don't ship those to Chiquita because they know they won't be approved by them. Do they throw all of those away? Probably not. They can sell them in bulk to other companies, grocers, farmers markets, etc. They may be from the same producer that sells to Chiquita, but that doesn't mean they are up to Chiquita standards.

It is often the same for "OEM" parts. The suppliers send the best products to GM, Ford, and Mopar while keeping the blems and other parts in house. While those don't often make it to market and rarely in a manufacturer box (GM, Ford, Mopar), sometimes they do. The problem is that those parts are often not up to the manufacturer's standards, thus why they are being liquidated elsewhere. For example, hundreds of 6-spoke wheels were liquidated on eBay a few years ago but didn't come from Mopar. They were priced well below even dealer cost - which Mopar will not do. Many were just fine, while some may have had fit-and-finish issues.

The bottom line is that to guarantee you are getting good OEM parts for your Viper, you should buy from a certified Mopar dealer. Folks like Woodhouse Dodge, Tomball Dodge, and others get them directly from Mopar, which virtually guarantees they are the best of the best. Viper Parts of America is also a certified Mopar dealer, but we always recommend you check with your favorite area Chrysler/Dodge/SRT dealer first.

Thanks for clarifying and being a happy VPA customer!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I love the Yellow cars. They really make a statement.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car, and welcome. As an owner of a yellow car (see my sig) I can tell, it's almost as hard as black (see my sig, again) to keep clean. But, it's worth it. Owned my 03 for two years now, and every time i drive it, you can't wipe the grin off my face! Some would say cars are a poor investment. If the idea of investing well is to make money, so said money can imrove quality of life, then I beg to differ. My Viper has improved my quality of life better than some "blue chip" stocks I own!

Congrats, and drive the wheels off that thang! What it was made for....