What made you buy a Viper?

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm curious to know, to be honest the viper IMO seems like the black sheep of the sports car world, but that is what I love mainly because I have always gravitated to standing apart than to blending in. The profile of the car is just insane to look at and the power & sound at your right foot is brutal!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the Ultimate Mopar. I never thought I would have one in my lifetime.

Bruce

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No1, Seeing them Racing at Le mans .........Coor, it took me a while but I just had to get one :)
No2, Its AMERICAN, better than any old Euro metal box.
No3, Its easy to work on, Ive always been a practical kind of guy and on the odd occasion I have had to put a car into a Garage to have work done I have never had good results.
There is no way I would trust any regular garage in the UK to work on my car.

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then,

and it was all over. Had to have one.

Done.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This hooked me:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A GM dealer made me buy a Viper.

I had always been a Vette guy and was on a list for about 14 months to buy one of the first ZR1s. My dealer called me and said he had one
and would take $65k over list for it. I quickly begged off and looked at what else had 600 or so HP and had never really paid attention to
the Vipers since there are so few here.

It took me about four months to get my 08 ACR and now the only reason I would trade is if they eventually come out with a Gen V ACR.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was lust at first sight! Had to have one when I was younger, finally got to a place financially and mentally where I was ready for the car. I've never been one to follow the herd, if I was I would be driving a vette, have always loved vettes but wanted a viper. I do my own thing with nothing to prove to anybody so I bought my viper after my first test drive and have been loving every day in it since then much to the wife's dismay! I think she is jealous.... :)

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually never even considered the remote possibility of owning one. (only seen one in my lifetime many years ago prior) I'm not "ghetto", but I'm just 'working class' -I pull wrenches for a living. Always perceived the Viper as a movie star/rich guy kind of ride. In my neck of the woods, Vipers are viewed as a mythical supercar that might not really exist outside of hollywood. Then I happen to see one on the cover of an auto trader magazine, it was at the Dodge dealership that my shop buys parts from. I called them up, and asked for the new car sales department, asked if I could buy the Viper, the sales guy took my info, called me back later that afternoon and said come and get it. So I literally bought the car over the phone. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had a sick feeling while signing papers with the finance guy, he assured me that the sick feeling would go away on the drive home....he was correct. Before takeing delivery of said Viper, my wife asked me, What?....do we NEED a Viper?..........uh...yes. So now I'm a Viper guy. -nothing else even comes close!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My neighbor owned a dealership and came home with a red 92 and I looked at it and said that's just crazy but I'll never have one as I had an infant and another on the way. Then years later I got behind a solid steel gray GTS on the highway in fast moving traffic but I was in the lane next to him but on his rear quarter for about 2 minutes. All I can remember is just staring at the rear tires and listening to the exhaust I knew I had to have one right there.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first Viper I ever saw in person was in Japan, 1995. I was in High School at Misawa AB in Northern Japan, must've been 17. A guy from our church, Mike M., owned it, a red 1st gen roadster. He was on a business trip in Korea and saw the Viper for sale at the military auto sales. He bought it and had it shipped to Japan. I actually remember that conversation very well and applied a lot of the advice in my life. I knew I was going to own a Viper from that day.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy.....Always been a Mopar fanatic. Viper is 'the ultimate Mopar' .....so we were on a collision course someday.......That someday happened......

Sssssss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid life Chrysler jk :). I have actually loved the viper from the first i knew of them and I can't stand verts (except for the rt/10 of course). I remember in 7th or 8th grade sitting in the back of the bus and a b/w gts behind us (I was drooling) and I thought to myself I'm gonna own a b/w gts before I die. I informed my mom that day when I got home of the plans I had to own a viper she was not thrilled and thought it was a huge waste of money and a terrible idea. I played the McDonalds monopoly to try and win it but failed ( only got three of the four pieces). Like stated above it was a mythical creature to me that I thought I would never be able to own one (working class). Then one night sitting in my garage I decided it was time to get my car. Searched for 8 months and finally found the one:D.

The reason I bought a viper, it's been my dream car from being a child and I'm glad I didn't get it when I was younger (young dumb and full of .........adrenaline) cause it would have been destroyed.

OP
OP
R

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well when i started this post I didn't write how I got it. I didn't go out and buy one I actually built it from scratch. It was a winter project for me. It took around 3 months of man power. I bought another crashed viper from the US and combined them Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OP
OP
R

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OP
OP
R

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OP
OP
R

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OP
OP
R

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OP
OP
R

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OP
OP
R

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll post some more pictures later of the build when i can find them :p Oh here is the final product.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32