Looking for Gen 4 Stock-Fit Ipod-Compatible Stereo Head Unit Upgrade

jaragon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year I installed a MOPAR FM adapter (PN 82210181AB), which I apparently mis-installed because the ipod won't charge and I can't control the music with the stereo. Problem is I followed the installation instructions to the letter and I can't see anything wrong. I've spent too many hours searching online trying to figure out the problem, to no avail. I don't know if I spliced the adapter's red, black, and blue wires into the correct pins or not. So I'm giving up on the adapter. I plan to cut it out of the car and chuck it in the Hudson River.

To get ipod compatibility, I'm looking for an upgrade to the stereo head unit with a perfect stock fit and ipod plug, preferably on the front face. I'm not replacing amp, I'm not replacing speakers, just replacing the head unit and I don't want to fiddle with any new wiring. I just want a plug & play upgrade with 10-pin and a 22-pin connectors in the back that I can slide right in.

I've tried searching for compatible stereos on Crutchfield, and the site says that they haven't researched the 2008 Viper, the 2009 Viper, and the 2010 Viper isn't even in the system, and thus it can't give me a list of compatible head units. I worry that any fit plate I get from them won't actually fit if they don't have the model researched in their system. Can anyone recommend a head unit and retailer that fits my somewhat anal specs?

Jose

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only direct-fit model I know of is this one: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...ctory-Fit-NAV-DVD-Replacement-Stereo-Headunit.

...but the reviews are mixed. I went with an aftermarket head unit (Kenwood KIV-701) which is a single-DIN, thus requiring an adapter to make fit (no big deal, they are easy to obtain since the stereo is a standard Dodge size/shape).

Really, any single-DIN head unit will fit with an adapter without any issues, or you can send your bezel to Dennis @ DoubleDMods if you want it modded for a double-DIN. Pick your poison.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave