GenV makes it onto Top Gear !

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there's also an article on a Spanish F1 owner called Gerard Lopez's amazing car collection in Luxembourg, 85 stunning cars in total, including 13% of all GTS/R 's ever made !

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** I got the Dutch version of their magazine and Viper only received 2 pages :dunno: Damn wusses over here.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they actually do a road test? Can you scan and post it?

no, the article said they were the first press people to see it in Michigan before it left for the reveal at New York. So maybe it will make the TV show in the autumn as well

ill scan it later for you

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Flatout,
agreed, they could be/need to be a touch better than that.

But with all that forged stuff, crank, rods, pistons, and sodium filled exhaust valve stems, you know there's a turbo or s/c on it's way.

And it's already been stated a flappy paddle is in the works, so that cut out a bit of shifting time.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, you know those "estimates" are complete horse$hit. The car is going to be faster than that especially with LC and 355s. All the theory-crafters are out already trying to guess performance numbers. It is already very mundane and tiresome.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article in the June edition of C&D on the Gen V contains a quote from SRT that the Gen V is faster than the Gen IV. Ruedisueli states, on page 51,: "It is obviously quicker than the old car. Early tests show 0 to 60 in the mid three second range....". The 0 to 60 time of the Gen IV was widely reported as either 3.4 and 3.5 seconds. So the TG writers have not done their home work. I heard very recently that an experienced drag racer, properly using the launch control with ideal track conditions, may be able to get a 3.0 sec 0 to 60 run out of the new beast. We should see accurate test data in the next few months. Keep in mind that they are still in the process of tweaking a few things per SRT's public statements but with the increased HP and torque, 3.55 differential, revised gear ratios, lighter weight, stickier tires, and launch control it looks very promising.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Neil, How often do you see a Viper on the road across the pond ?

having owned vipers here for 14 years, ive only seen x4 on the road in all that time in the the UK and euro trips that wasnt anything to do with a club meet, one of them was in Monaco

we have about x30 regular UK owners that show up to stuff.

having said that in my tiny village where i live there was a GTS owner just 30 seconds from my house !
but he moved to Florida and took his viper with him. There cant be many viper owners around the world living that close together

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andy, you know those "estimates" are complete horse$hit. The car is going to be faster than that especially with LC and 355s. All the theory-crafters are out already trying to guess performance numbers. It is already very mundane and tiresome.

I agree I guess my cause for concern was that the estimates seemed to have come from Dodge. I'm hoping we'll see high 10's at 130 to low 11's at 128 ish from average da conditions, and traps in the 132-134 range in optimal da.

phavyarden

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a Drag Strip with Drag Radials would do mid 10's for sure. Maybe C&D will do abput 11.1-11.2 at high 120 or 130 maybe.
0-60 3.2.
My estimations :D

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought the magazine, Good article, Mentioned about the all aluminium engine in the first Vipers being developed at Lamborghini, and thank god no mention of "The Old Truck Engine" They did not test drive the car but used the Forza simulator and put the Viper around the Top Gear Track. They seemed to be comparing the car with the Merc SLS AMG SL's on the Forza track and the New Viper was well up on their times :)
All in all a good article from a British magazine, not moaning about American Cars! :)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
having owned vipers here for 14 years, ive only seen x4 on the road in all that time in the the UK and euro trips that wasnt anything to do with a club meet, one of them was in Monaco

Figured the likelihood was pretty low, though amazingly in my one trip to France and my one trip to the UK, each time I saw a Viper out amazingly! In Paris, it was parked a block from my hotel!

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive uploaded the pages with words to our club site, missing the pages with pics
you can open each page and zoom in to make readable or i can email the pages out to you (15mb total)

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/UKViperClub/Viper Misc/

You must be registered for see images

GTS-Rs collector

Enthusiast
Reaction score
13,46 % GTS-Rs owner...

You must be registered for see images attach
there's also an article on a Spanish F1 owner called Gerard Lopez's amazing car collection in Luxembourg, 85 stunning cars in total, including 13% of all GTS/R 's ever made !

Dear All,

Many thanks for the posting info about Top Gear article.

However there are some mistakes and I'm glad to confirm that I still the owner from 13,46% of the 52 "C" Viper GTS-R built ( excluding the 5 prototypes ) but his is true that my collection shares the same parking place as G. Lopez' one which I'm the care taker.

I recently won the GT Revival race at Monza with C27, was a great time.

I just wanted to keep the records straight.

Very passionately,

Florent MOULIN

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.... an actual reply from Florent Moulin.... that's cool!

Florent, is it possible for you to share some light on the GTS/R that a collector and restorer like you know, but wich is new for most of us.
Also.... the European introduction of the GTS and the GTS/R in Luxembourg would be the right thing to do. I allready tweeted this to Ralph Gilles.

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Cool!!!!

Florent, is it possible for you to share some light on the GTS/R that a collector and restorer like you know, but wich is new for most of us.
Also.... the European introduction of the GTS and the GTS/R in Luxembourg would be the right thing to do. I allready tweeted this to Ralph Gilles.

GTS-Rs collector

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi All,

Maybe the glorious GTS-Rs would deserve a specific section ?

If so I would be happy to post a share my knowledge.

Very passionately,

Florent MOULIN

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Moulin, I would put it in the GEN I section... and have the moderating team make a Sticky out of it.....

I'm curious about any learnings you can share.
Original pictures...... anything.
Also.... did you ever think about buying a RT /LM that was driven at Le Mans in 1994? The fluo yellow is owned by a Dutch race car collector.... Michiel Campagne, you may allready know him. The fluo orange one was for sale years ago in Switzerland. Don't know about its wereabouts today.

Another thing.... what ever happened to the Canaska Southwind Motorsports prototype GTS/R(s)?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Moulin, I would put it in the GEN I section... and have the moderating team make a Sticky out of it.....

Do you mean "RT/10 and GTS Discussion" section when you mentioned Gen I section? Arent the GTSR based on the Gen II Vipers not the Gen I? Id be interested as well to see pictures of his collection and hear his experiences in regards to them. Making it a sticky would be sweet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten