best brake pad for stock calipers/rotors

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a brand new set of stock rotors, Thanks ViperPartsAmerica! anyways, would like to get a pad thats a little more aggressive than stock, will be 90% street with a track day thrown in now and again.

anyone got suggestions on the best option?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the EBC yellows at Road atlanta, didn;t take them off when I got home like I had planned, and they are working nicely on the street.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read a while ago that they changed the formula of the EBC Reds and that Yellow is now preferred .... Did I just say that yellow is preferred .... Yuck

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EBC yellow stuff are fairly ok for mild track use, a little noisy on the street. Brakeman #3 are better on the track, and alot noisier on the street. Mintex-front / Brakeman#3-rear is a killer track combination, squeals like crazy on the street. EBC red stuff are street only, assuming you need the brakes to work at an HPDE. Hawk HPS are street only as well...... Hope this info helps you

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have EBC yellow on my rears. Don't track it anymore and was a bit concerned when I put them in but I don't have any problems on the street. I haven't done any scientific testing.

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which Hawk pads are you running? i have heard good reviews on them. i think the Carbotech's are out of my price range.
Hawk HPS pads. If Carbon Metallic made a street version, that would have been my first choice.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been running Hawk ceramics on mine for quite a while now and love them on the street. They did "fine" during a track weekend at Road Atlanta as well, but I don't have anything to compare them to. They are about halfway worn now and I have another Road Atlanta weekend coming up, so I ordered a full set (front and rear) of the EBC Yellows. I'll put them on before the next track weekend, so I should have good comparison this time.
I'll more than likely go back to the Hawks for street driving until they wear completely out.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been running Hawk ceramics on mine for quite a while now and love them on the street.
For some reason I always thought (correctly or incorrectly) that ceramic was less rotor-friendly; do you believe that based on your experience?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets