So, To Pick Up On the Shifter Knob Thread,MGW Make a Gripper Knob w/ Red Accents?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other Shift knob thread, near the end, costanZo showed pictures of a MGW Gripper knob with Sneaky Pete and it had blue accents. I couldn't find it on the MGW site, so was wondering if this was custom or MGW is offering colors....if so, do they offer red?

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other Shift knob thread, near the end, costanZo showed pictures of a MGW Gripper knob with Sneaky Pete and it had blue accents. I couldn't find it on the MGW site, so was wondering if this was custom or MGW is offering colors....if so, do they offer red?

I recall him saying that the blue one wasn't on the website but it was in-stock, he said they just don't show all colors, so he called them. I also plan to go Red.

I hope this means you're keeping the beast :)

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh, well, business is trickling in so.....for now, seems I'm holding onto it. I really don't want to sell it and only under extreme duress will I put it up for sale. Everytime I walk through the garage, my first thought is "Damn, that's a really clean RT/10!"......

I appreciate you guys remembering and your concern....

Thanks!

ps: I just read the DC Performance is closing its doors due to the slow economy. There are tough times for many, especially those who are out on their own with small businesses!

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome :2tu:

I couldn't do it either! Don't know if it is possible in the U.S. but over here we can "suspend" the plates (means you don't have to pay taxes as long as the car is not on or visible from the road) and take it out of insurance so that keeping it will not cost a penny.... unless you decide to do a restoration on it :eater:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly the issue....certainly can cancel or suspend insurance and return plates, but that cost isn't what bothers us. It is the need for cash flow during slow times and the car represents something in the order of US$35-40,000. I think, at this point, the car would only be sold if things really didn't turn around over the next few months....which in and of itself, is a really scary thought! :(

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall him saying that the blue one wasn't on the website but it was in-stock, he said they just don't show all colors, so he called them. I also plan to go Red.

I hope this means you're keeping the beast :)

Yes, I did say that. Sorry for the delay in regards to the other thread. I did not check it Vipuronr.

I originally called up MGW to ask if they would custom paint me a Gripper Shifter in blue since the Fangs Shifter came in other colors, and the woman I spoke with said they already had blue Gripper Shifters in stock. I did not ask about other colors, but I'm assuming they would have them in red as well. She just instructed me to type the color of the shifter I wanted in the comments section after I placed my order on their website. I did this within an hour after calling so she said she would be looking for my order after I placed it. This also applied to the cigarette lighter.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go.. :)

This is the MGW Gripper and Cigarette Lighter in blue! :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Pics CostanZo when you get them please.

I am also interested in the MGW Gripper Shifter in Red.

Thanks for your time.