Getting Registered for VOI 12

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't registered for VOI, it might be a good idea to get started. Apparently the host hotel Embassy Suites at Concord has other events going on. Not much information from Viper Club of America but they do send an email once you get registered. You would think part of the site would be dedicated to VOI?! Maybe more information will be forthcoming.

My question is this: How many folks from the Alabama/Tennessee Club are going? Would be nice to make some plans to get together for the drive over. It's early but never too early to plan for September and a headcount would be nice!:)

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was gonna call Brett today and see if our group was going to try and stay at same place.
I'm sure there'll be a caravan coming across I-40 we could hook up with. Maybe 30-40 cars??

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling the hotel Embassy from overseas is a nightmare...

OP
OP
J

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling the hotel Embassy from overseas is a nightmare...

Just be sure to call the one in Concord - some folks called Charlotte. You think the website would have a bit more information but... Apparently there are not that many rooms at the Embassy and they figure to run out soon. There are other hotels though. Odd thing is the VOI rate is no discount on the room rate. Oh well, it will be worth it.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling from Canada is apparently the same Markus.

Hint: Make sure you speak with Concord. If they bump you to the national booking location they have no clue about this event!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The voi12.com website has plenty of info on hotels along with phone numbers. Hats off to the organizers for the way the hotels are being handled.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called today and mentioned VOI12. They asked for my name and found my VOI registration. That should guarantee that I'm hooked up with the right hotel! If they don't know about it, you should ask and make sure that you're setting up in the right one. They told me that they had the Wed-Sun nights on hold due to an overload. There was availability for Thurs-Sun night, so mine is in place and waiting for me. Good luck, Guys. Don't wait until the last minute!

OP
OP
J

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The voi12.com website has plenty of info on hotels along with phone numbers. Hats off to the organizers for the way the hotels are being handled.

Since you are in NC it may be transparent to you. Not so much for folks not familar with the area. I can tell you lots of folks would not agree with your assessment.

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting a caravan to NC should be easy enough and will keep us together...until we get there. I get the feeling that folks are booking their preferences in or around the host hotel(s). Nothing to say we cannot hook up while there. We'll discuss at the Tail in a few weeks...and, I'm sure, on this forum

V

Venomiss

http://www.voi12.com/hotels.html

Maybe you missed this area when looking for information.

The reason the VCA has the room list this time is from the last VOI experience.
Last time around a few who were not registered for the event booked rooms in the VCA block, then never attended the event, and cancelled at the last minute. The room list was meant to give those who are registered for the event first blush at the rooms available to make things fair.

Thank you for your patience as the hotels accommodate everyone.

Please read the VOI12 website information and your email confirmation after registering for the event.
Some did call the wrong hotel(some who were not registered yet too).
Updates and changes will appear on the website and if you need assistance email [email protected] anytime.

OP
OP
J

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.voi12.com/hotels.html

Maybe you missed this area when looking for information.

The reason the VCA has the room list this time is from the last VOI experience.
Last time around a few who were not registered for the event booked rooms in the VCA block, then never attended the event, and cancelled at the last minute. The room list was meant to give those who are registered for the event first blush at the rooms available to make things fair.

Thank you for your patience as the hotels accommodate everyone.

Please read the VOI12 website information and your email confirmation after registering for the event.
Some did call the wrong hotel(some who were not registered yet too).
Updates and changes will appear on the website and if you need assistance email [email protected] anytime.

We (I) don't mean disrespect to those who organized the event and I know there are always free riders - there will be no matter what precautions you take and making it more difficult won't prevent folks from cancelling. It is probably a testament to the attraction of Vipers that so many people would like to see the cars and the attitude of some folks in these forums is that if you don't have a Viper you can't play. That isn't what real car people do when folks show interest in our cars. Today's spectator is tomorrow's Viper owner.

It has taken a long time to get information about the event and it isn't easy to navigate nor do we "newbies" know what to expect. The hotel people at the Concord Embassy were very helpful but some of our members tried to call the 800 number and the folks there did not know what VOI was and tried to book them in other area hotels. But we have worked it out by calling each other to get it organized and we are excited to be going. As someone who has helped organize large events in the past, I can appreciate the difficulty in getting information out and the hard work that has been done. But it should be a celebration of Vipers and people, not a secret.

V

Venomiss

No disrespect taken. Registration opened on Friday.
Your registration came in on Saturday at 18:50 PM the email confirmation stated to wait 48 hours to call the hotels for a room.
The hotels get a new list of registered names every morning.
That time frame has been extended to 72 hours now for all email confirmation and the direct numbers have been on the website since Monday.

Our apologies for an inconvenience.
If your members have questions or problems call the VOI12 number or email [email protected] directly anytime.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got registered. I am coming with a friend. I booked Fri & Sat at the host hotel (Embassy). They were booked up on Thur. If anyone wants to share the cost of the room at the Embassy on Thursday with a couple guys, let me know. Also would be interested in the caravan over, will be driving up from Chatt area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32